General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Bilge said:

It’s not just the GOE, nathan’s didn’t considered as a fall and did not get a -1 while aliev did. I mean one can say “goe is subjective” (which some skaters also did) but should not to an extant to can’t identify a fall like that idk if i’m being too picky 

ISU really needs to be better at defining all their terms.  I can actually see an argument either way.  I personally see this as "2 hands + free foot down + step out" since the mid section didn't touch the ice (and recall seeing it called that way for Shoma last year) but the GOE guidelines have reduction guidelines for "touch down with both hands" as well as "touch down with free foot or hand" but no guideline for all limbs.  That can be interpreted either as simply adding the 2 reductions together or that anything more than that is a fall

Either way, I think it should be a -5 GOE since if you interpret it one way, all the reductions added together is more than 5 

14 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

I have ascended and never want to come down :knc_yuzu1: Color me speechless.

Now who do I have to pester to death to get a longer version?

His incredible running edge after landing 4T is finally captured up close - the sweep of the curve is breath-taking!  Kudos to OnIcePerspective Jordan for managing to keep up with the glorious trajectory!  He is truly a Satellite in orbit around the sun!!

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

mindblowingly beautiful....I just wish he had recorded the entire runthrough...for the ages and archives

It's possible he has -? and this is just a taste at the minute.  He's a professional, and needs to make a living...

But this snippet is breathtaking....

7 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

Seriously, it is time someone starts videotaping everything he does for posterity because he is uniquely talented and we will never see another like him ever again

doesn't he films his practices ?maybe one day he'll drop them together with his knowledge of FS.

Um, sorry to bring back the ITL topic with an unpopular opinion, but I'm a little surprised at how negative the discussions went here. 

Spoiler

I wasn't offended by the ITL complaints of Yuzu's GOE at all. They did not say "he's overscored all the time" -- they pointed out that he was overscored on some elements (which was valid). 

It's clear that the same members are gushing Yuzu fans (there are numerous posts on their accounts to back that up). I remember learning about ITL through this very forum actually -- one of the founding members advertised about it here. ITL team has also consistently done their share of calling out judging biases, errors and what not.  This is meant to be a funky, unusual, fun Halloween episode.  Their normal episodes aren't like this at all. 

They also have some Australians there, and it's quite typical Australian sense of humor. I don't get the impression that they're doing this for clicks, to have the unpopular opinion or whatever. I would take it with a grain of salt. (Of course everyone is entitled to think otherwise). I enjoy their podcast (I don't listen -- just read the transcripts and interviews, that way I can skip random stuff). 

On Max Ambesi, I like him as well -- I don't agree with all of his opinions, but he's passionate, doesn't mince his words and back up his arguments with facts and solid technical knowledge. I'd rather listen to those commentators than someone who just  constantly gushing over everyone. 

18 minutes ago, wingman said:

Um, sorry to bring back the ITL topic with an unpopular opinion, but I'm a little surprised at how negative the discussions went here. 

Reveal hidden contents

I wasn't offended by the ITL complaints of Yuzu's GOE at all. They did not say "he's overscored all the time" -- they pointed out that he was overscored on some elements (which was valid). 

It's clear that the same members are gushing Yuzu fans (there are numerous posts on their accounts to back that up). I remember learning about ITL through this very forum actually -- one of the founding members advertised about it here. ITL team has also consistently done their share of calling out judging biases, errors and what not.  This is meant to be a funky, unusual, fun Halloween episode.  Their normal episodes aren't like this at all. 

They also have some Australians there, and it's quite typical Australian sense of humor. I don't get the impression that they're doing this for clicks, to have the unpopular opinion or whatever. I would take it with a grain of salt. (Of course everyone is entitled to think otherwise). I enjoy their podcast (I don't listen -- just read the transcripts and interviews, that way I can skip random stuff). 

On Max Ambesi, I like him as well -- I don't agree with all of his opinions, but he's passionate, doesn't mince his words and back up his arguments with facts and solid technical knowledge. I'd rather listen to those commentators than someone who just  constantly gushing over everyone. 

I'll try to compliment this post and write on this topic (ITL's most recent podcast episode) just this once and for all — in spoilers below↓

Spoiler

I definitely get that you disagreed (and were disappointed) with the statement uttered in that part of the episode, and you know what, it's normal to disagree in discussions. What peeved me though was when some of you here put ITL on the same level as TSL — have any of you no sense of nuance???

I don't ask you to agree with every opinions stated by the hosts over at ITL, lord knows I occasionally disagree with some of their statements from time to time as well, but some of you thinking that that brief moment in the episode is equivalent to the entirety of a TSL's trashtalk video and got your feathers ruffled by it made me suspect that some of you are willing: 1. to reject the entirety of an argument (ie. the podcast episode) from a statement taken out of its context — which isn't a fair thing to do in a discussion, and 2. to assume the worst of the whole just from (incorrectly) surmising from the parts — which is not a correct way to proceed in a discussion either (ie. you misunderstood the points brought by other party, and responded with an ill informed statement in mind to that other party — should I point out to you how wrong is that?). Which is really, not how you should

I won't reiterate what @wingman has written in the quoted post but if any of you who disagreed with that statement and consequently thrashed ITL and put them in the same level as TSL actually listened to the episode (or read the transcript(!) (TSL never cared enough to do that!! :Þ)), you'd know that they were mostly just as glad as us knowing Yuzu banished the SC curse with astonishing scores and dazzling style, and they always (and I mean always) try to objectively explain (eg. in other discipline like pairs) what made them interested in the medalling team, as far as their technical knowledge (and duration) allowed them. While they were stating their opinions about how a comp event was underwhelming in a negative tone, they still tried to state it in a constructive way (unlike TSL who — for most of the time — does it in the bitchiest, vapid way possible).

(Also they do proper interviews with skaters and coaches — so if you still don't like their opining then you can still read their interviews. Informative I must say. Again, very much unlike the bitchy gossipy *interview* TSL usually does.)

Again, it's okay to disagree in discussion, but do it properly — understand the points the other party try to carry across correctly (with the proper context and all) and respond accordingly. Otherwise you just muddle the water and don't contribute to the discussion ina constructive way.

In the end, no one is not biased, especially in this case skating podcasts, but I would still take ITL (flawed as they are) first any day over the trashy dumpster that is TSL.

Rant over.