General Yuzuru Chat

31 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Jnats (remember that competition and how Yuzu is technically supposed to attend it :P?) or 4CC would be my guess. Presumably he'd want to skate cleanly at GPF to beat Nathan/prevent Nate's scores from getting more inflated. Although if he did manage to land it, it would be a pretty big flex, haha. “Who's the quad king now?” :laughing:

A few months can be a lot. But who knows, maybe you're right, I suppose it did kind of look like Yuzu wanted to attempt 4A in ACI practice as well. It can't be in that bad of shape if he had any intention of doing that. Plus, by the time NHK rolls around it'll have been over two months since ACI. But this convo is giving me whiplash. One person is saying, no upgrade. Another is saying 4A :13877886:

It’ll be a tragedy if JNats is the first and only clean 4A of the season, what more it will not be ratified internationally. I think he’ll be smarter than that to take risks when it’s actually worth it, it’s not like he’s sacrificing nothing for each attempt.

Wear a neck brace haha, you’re in for a ride on Yuzu roller coaster 😂

About the video, it was still a prize given by a Spanish association. On top of that, they might be a bit unsure of how much freedom they have to use Yuzu's image - because of copyrights - in a video that is posted online for the world to see, so they might have decided to play it safe and focus more on Javi.

@shanshani, I had the same thought regarding 4Lz. Even though it might be risky, he might want to exorcise those demons and land it cleanly there, finally. Whether or not that's worth the risk, only he knows, really. I agree that even though he might not need it to win at NHK, he does need to work on it in competition. Both he and Brian have emphasized many times that successfully landing jumps in practice is one thing, doing it in competition is a completely other thing. (Brian's words on the 4Lo quest, and then the 4Lz one in the third Team Brian book are really... painful.) Same goes for 4A, too, actually. Of course, we know that Yuzu has pretty much always gotten positive GOE on his first attempt of every new jump, but bringing 4A directly to a big competition - like especially Worlds - is risky, even if spectacular.

It's also really hard to know how far along he actually is with 4A. He says he hasn't landed it, but we know he asked to try it at ACI. Would he do that if he's NEVER landed it? Personally I doubt it. I think it's more likely that he has a hard time landing it cleanly, and mostly there are step outs, overturns, two-footed landings and Javi saves (though the thought of a Javi save on a 4A is quite terrifying). Tracy said when he takes off into it it's scary. It wouldn't be quite so scary in a harness, I think, so he's surely doing it without it, too. And she said that if everything goes right, it would be possible, which also sounds like she has seen it when everything goes right, so she knows it's possible.

If 4A is more ready than he says, I think it'd be really cool if he did it at GPF. Imagine if he gifted himself a cleanly landed, positive GOE 4A on his 25th birthday! :knc_yuzu2:

But truly, only he knows what he's ready for and what risks he's willing to take.

4 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

If 4A is more ready than he says, I think it'd be really cool if he did it at GPF. Imagine if he gifted himself a cleanly landed, positive GOE 4A on his 25th birthday! :knc_yuzu2:

But truly, only he knows what he's ready for and what risks he's willing to take.

omg didn't realise that! Would be so wonderful indeed! 

yea he can judge for himself, just wish him all the best and may the stars align for him

Hello fellow fanyus, long time no chat! :peekapooh: 

Just saw this video and found out that back in 2014, Yuzu's fanclub in Russia has 5k members. In a video last year, wasn't there 15k members already? 

https://youtu.be/UjdS5nPblSM 

Anyway, that number of fanclub members is the only thing i understood from this video, but watching it still made me happy haha! :embSwan:

Apologies if already posted (pretty sure it was already), but i gave up on catching up on this thread way back in its page 4071 (i have it bookmarked). :slinkaway:

39 minutes ago, Erin said:

Hello fellow fanyus, long time no chat! :peekapooh: 

Just saw this video and found out that back in 2014, Yuzu's fanclub in Russia has 5k members. In a video last year, wasn't there 15k members already? 

https://youtu.be/UjdS5nPblSM 

Anyway, that number of fanclub members is the only thing i understood from this video, but watching it still made me happy haha! :embSwan:

Apologies if already posted (pretty sure it was already), but i gave up on catching up on this thread way back in its page 4071 (i have it bookmarked). :slinkaway:

This video is awesome :sadPooh: we should send this to Canada commentators, they've been calling us Japanese fans since 2014 haha

(btw if you press space bar after copying a plain text video link, it'll embed itself in the post!) 

it's so awesome to see the Russian ladies showing all their merchandises and paintings! Love for Yuzu knows no borders <3 

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

New magazine cover!! :201111231756430f6:

The beautiful lilac really pops in photos. It’s unreal the many gradations of colour the light picks up at different angles. I actually wasn’t sold when I first saw Origin costume v 2 but I think it suits Yuzu’s skin tone better than last year’s. Although I think last year’s reveal can’t be topped for the sheer shock factor.

and really, Zu, drop the skincare routine already...

13 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

What does THAT mean?? Been out of the loop, sorry. Would it not still be a major event??

It will, but now with all the scoring inflation and quad hype, the race seems to be who can land the most quads cleanly, not the difficulty and quality of the quads anymore. When 15-year-old girls can land 4Lz left and right, landing 4A doesn't seem to be that big of an event in comparison. Also 4A's scores are only marginally higher than 4Lz despite the difficulty, and it really doesn't seem to be worth it unless you're Yuzuru Hanyu. 

14 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

What does THAT mean?? Been out of the loop, sorry. Would it not still be a major event??

I just meant points wise, since the ISU decreased the BV for it. It used to 15 points, now it's 12.5 points

6 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

About the video, it was still a prize given by a Spanish association. On top of that, they might be a bit unsure of how much freedom they have to use Yuzu's image - because of copyrights - in a video that is posted online for the world to see, so they might have decided to play it safe and focus more on Javi.

@shanshani, I had the same thought regarding 4Lz. Even though it might be risky, he might want to exorcise those demons and land it cleanly there, finally. Whether or not that's worth the risk, only he knows, really. I agree that even though he might not need it to win at NHK, he does need to work on it in competition. Both he and Brian have emphasized many times that successfully landing jumps in practice is one thing, doing it in competition is a completely other thing. (Brian's words on the 4Lo quest, and then the 4Lz one in the third Team Brian book are really... painful.) Same goes for 4A, too, actually. Of course, we know that Yuzu has pretty much always gotten positive GOE on his first attempt of every new jump, but bringing 4A directly to a big competition - like especially Worlds - is risky, even if spectacular.

It's also really hard to know how far along he actually is with 4A. He says he hasn't landed it, but we know he asked to try it at ACI. Would he do that if he's NEVER landed it? Personally I doubt it. I think it's more likely that he has a hard time landing it cleanly, and mostly there are step outs, overturns, two-footed landings and Javi saves (though the thought of a Javi save on a 4A is quite terrifying). Tracy said when he takes off into it it's scary. It wouldn't be quite so scary in a harness, I think, so he's surely doing it without it, too. And she said that if everything goes right, it would be possible, which also sounds like she has seen it when everything goes right, so she knows it's possible.

I think it will depend on the SP and what others do at GPF. He said his first goal now is to regain his GPF title. So if he's neck in neck with the next competitor after the short program, it will depend on what that competitor does in the FS if he's before Yuzu. If the competition is fierce, he might not want to risk the title for the 4A, especially if skating before the next competitor in the hierarchy.

36 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I just meant points wise, since the ISU decreased the BV for it. It used to 15 points, now it's 12.5 points

That I still cannot understand. There's a difference of 2pts between 4T and 4Lz and when you add half rotation extra is just 1pt. The difference between 4Lz and 4A should be at least the difference between 3Lz and 3A, which is 2.1 pst

The other thing with holding off the 4A until it's likely to be a good, polished one first time is that once it's proven possible, others will follow because the mind-over-matter of it will finally be broken. I think Yuzu would loathe to be the first to land one if it's shaky and barely saved only for someone else to come along later and land the first 'good' one. I'm not saying just anyone will be able to but I do think that as soon as it is shown to be possible, others will start training it with intentions of using it in competition.