General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, memae said:

I'm looking for a clip of Yuzu in a practice or warm up where he falls over right at the side of the rink and disappears behind the boards and a bunch of people stand up to look for him. I've seen it before and can't for the life of me find it again. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have a link handy? Or know what event it was so I have better luck finding it myself? 

This one? 

Sorry if this is OT, but I wanted to get as many eyes on this as possible, especially those who speak and read Japanese. I've designed this "Happy Birthday" banner for GPF, and wanted to make sure it's OK before proceeding any further. If I've messed up in any way, please save me from myself. Many thanks. 

yuzubirthday.jpg

22 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

Sorry if this is OT, but I wanted to get as many eyes on this as possible, especially those who speak and read Japanese. I've designed this "Happy Birthday" banner for GPF, and wanted to make sure it's OK before proceeding any further. If I've messed up in any way, please save me from myself. Many thanks. 

yuzubirthday.jpg

Should the cake have cherry tomatoes on it rather than strawberries????     :winky:   Mmmmmmm might taste a bit weird but its probably the only bit of that cake I'll eat!

PS.  My Japanese is as good as my Italian.  We're doomed.. Lets just keep repeating Grazie  when we are there!!!!

6 hours ago, Fay said:

Is this real? 

Yuzu: Shhhhhh. :pouty:

Yuzu: Come closer. I have a secret...but you can't tell anybody. :winky:

Yuzu: Promise? You can't tell anybody. :kitty:

Yuzu: Underneath this luxurious and feather-soft duvet... 

Yuzu: I am completely.........

Spoiler

Yuzu: FULLY CLOTHED IN TWO LAYERS OF VENEX TRAINING GEAR WITH EXTRA MESH ALL THE WAY UP MY NECK WHAT ELSE DID YOU EXPECT :darklordyuzu:  

5 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Yuzu: Shhhhhh. :pouty:

Yuzu: Come closer. I have a secret...but you can't tell anybody. :winky:

Yuzu: Promise? You can't tell anybody. :kitty:

Yuzu: Underneath this luxurious and feather-soft duvet... 

Yuzu: I am completely.........

Hide contents

Yuzu: FULLY CLOTHED IN TWO LAYERS OF VENEX TRAINING GEAR WITH EXTRA MESH ALL THE WAY UP MY NECK WHAT ELSE DID YOU EXPECT :darklordyuzu:  

At least that means he's warm for once! :nod2:

8小时前, memae说:

I'm looking for a clip of Yuzu in a practice or warm up where he falls over right at the side of the rink and disappears behind the boards and a bunch of people stand up to look for him. I've seen it before and can't for the life of me find it again. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have a link handy? Or know what event it was so I have better luck finding it myself? 

Hi, my first post here. I think the one you are looking for happened in a gala practice in 2015 Skate Canada. There was a video taken by a fan where you could see it very well. I can't find it on youtube yet. (I have the video clip though ^ ^) After I find it on the web, I will post it here.

Slightly but not really OT, seems Toshi is releasing a second cover album and it will include Zankoku na tenshi, Mannatsu no Yoru no Yume, FaOI versions of Masquerade and Crystal Memories as well as some other awesome covers (Nagori Yuki - Toshi did a cover of this some 25 years ago and I adore it - Bohemian Rhapsody, AI's Story etc.). It's kind of funny for me, because when the first album came out, I was very :umm: but after hearing several of the covers at FaOI, I'm not really excited about this one! Trailer of Zankoku na tenshi:

Btw, it's Toshi's birthday today :clapclap4: *wonders if Yuzu might work his magic and have some sweets sent to him again lol*

4 時間前, ZuCritterさんが言いました:

yuzubirthday.jpg

I think it’s perfectly okay and very lovely, but you might want to add the “happy/congrats” part (おめでとう) because 誕生日 only means birthday. If the space doesn’t allow, you can just replace 誕生日 with おめでとう.

10 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

As far as I know, there is none. IIRC, before Worlds, the injury was mentioned as a small thing that was healed over the early period of 2016, so as far as anyone new, Yuzu was 100% healthy in Boston. It was only some time after that that JSF released the information on the lisfranc injury and only in Japanese media. Western media I think rarely picks up stuff like that. And even then, it wasn't until the beginning of the following season, when Yuzu spoke about it in Ice Jewels that anyone knew just how bad it had been. I only became a fan in December of 2016, but I remember reading threads of that period and it was just total silence after the first announcements, saying what the injury was and that Yuzu was receiving treatment in Toronto. There were video messages at FaOI, but no info and no sighting until 24H TV, I think... Western media never knew of any of it, I think, just like they know nothing of a lot of other of Yuzu's hardships (like the surgery complications, as well as what came before it, for example).

Oh it is still in the era of Yuzuru trying to keep a stiff upper lip refusing to show his vulnerable side to the fans. 😭

And maybe part of it is they are trying to avoid public backlash similar to COC 2014 when Brian bore the blame of Yuzu competing while endangering his future. 

Thanks for clearing it up by the way.