General Yuzuru Chat

2 часа назад, daisyjune сказал:

Yuzu's interview right after Origin at ACI was aired a few minutes ago.

He was unbelievably beautiful here... I was waiting for this TV program the whole week and I'm so satisfied now :67638860:

I wonder if Japanese TV also shows protocols to other skaters that much? Sometimes I wish they would ask a lot not only about jumps but about mood of the program, did it changed from last season etc. (but don't think that I understand more then a couple of words here).

his face in this interview sort of says it all ....but hopefully some kind soul will sub it for us ....in the mean time even if I don't understand a word it's still nice to hear his voice,natural and confident in his native tongue.

Off topic

Spoiler

I just emailed Eurosport again hoping for an answer about the season,if they are going to air it or not,funny thing is if you go to their website all the GP dates are there but then you switch to eurosport player and there's nothing...:cursing:

Actually the content of this interview, we already kinda got snippets of it... I think I got the main sense out of most phrases but I don't feel confident translating it, although I can say some things. He first talks about the protocols a bit (only the Free's I think), the fact that the two 4T's got UR calls felt "painful" to him, even though he knows that he couldn't do 4Loop and 4Salchow well. Then he said that the 3Lutz had all the rotations to it and the entry was the shortest he could come up with, but then I didn't get how he felt about the score he got. 

He kinda repeats that he has to skate clean and skating clean is the most important thing, even if he does it in practice, he has to do it in competition. Because if not skating clean, the score will not be the one he wants, it will not be there. 

Then they talk about "Sutokku" and I have no idea what they mean?? hahahaha. 

But then he goes to talk about GOE and how winning thanks to high GOE's is his type of skating, but he realized that he cannot only win with that thanks to last year's World Championships. He talks a bit about his style of skating, and then they ask him about ranking and I remember for sure that we got some translations about this part of the interview. I think he says that first the important thing about ranking is that he is able to be in competitions without any problems (injuries). 

And then they go on and talk about the 4A and how hard is it to land it, and how risky is it to practice it... he sounds very serious during all the interview, he must have been very pissed about his scores - not saddened, not angry at himself I think... pissed at whoever URed his clean 4T's probably lol. 

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

This is a direct loanword from English, 'stock'. The interviewer asks like 'what kind of stocks can you pull out/what kind of capacity do you have in stock' and Yuzu says 'various things' and goes on to talk about how he'd ideally like to win based on GOE but, as his experience at World Championships showed, he can't rely on GOE alone, so must bring in other things as well (other kinds of 'stock' I guess). 

5 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Actually the content of this interview, we already kinda got snippets of it... I think I got the main sense out of most phrases but I don't feel confident translating it, although I can say some things. He first talks about the protocols a bit (only the Free's I think), the fact that the two 4T's got UR calls felt "painful" to him, even though he knows that he couldn't do 4Loop and 4Salchow well. Then he said that the 3Lutz had all the rotations to it and the entry was the shortest he could come up with, but then I didn't get how he felt about the score he got. 

He kinda repeats that he has to skate clean and skating clean is the most important thing, even if he does it in practice, he has to do it in competition. Because if not skating clean, the score will not be the one he wants, it will not be there. 

But then he goes to talk about GOE and how winning thanks to high GOE's is his type of skating, but he realized that he cannot only win with that thanks to last year's World Championships. He talks a bit about his style of skating, and then they ask him about ranking and I remember for sure that we got some translations about this part of the interview. I think he says that first the important thing about ranking is that he is able to be in competitions without any problems (injuries). 

And then they go on and talk about the 4A and how hard is it to land it, and how risky is it to practice it... he sounds very serious during all the interview, he must have been very pissed about his scores - not saddened, not angry at himself I think... pissed at whoever URed his clean 4T's probably lol. 

Last night I watched his interview, felt very happy, and went to bed... I understand his Japanese perfectly while my English is far from perfect.

I wait for someone good at both languages translate this nice interview, but you understand almost everything :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:. About 3Lz, he said "It was (highly) evaluated." Obviously he's happy about it.

His tone during the interview is serious but very positive. He might have been a bit angry with himself and his scores, but still he was very calm and his mind is analytical. His words on the board is "to become the strongest myself ever" and this is for Montreal Worlds.

He was only talking about the protocol itself in the beginning. The interviewer gave it to him and said something like "You probably don't want to look at it, but..." and Yuzu said "I don't want to look at it". He did say that both toeloops (I guess he meant the quads) getting UR calls hurts - though if he also said that as far as he's concerned they were clean, they cut that part out. He did acknowledge the mistakes on the loop and salchow and said he wants to land those properly. I think he also said that he wants to do his layout cleanly, before advancing to a more difficult one, but there was a but and then I didn't really understand. I think he maybe meant that having more jumps in his arsenal gives him the possibility to change the layout if something doesn't work so well and something else works better, and I think that's when the stock question came up. I interpreted it as the interviewer asked him about his stock of possible layouts and Yuzu refused to give out any details, hence the "various" answer. But I have no idea if this is correct.

He sounds calm and confident, actually, although the way he keeps saying that Worlds taught him that he can't win with just GOE always hurts to hear. He seems calm about it, though, like it's a conclusion he's accepted by now and is working on moving past it. The 4A talk is the same as before. He confirms he can rotate, but says he hasn't landed it yet. There's the talk about needing 90% of his physical strength just to rotate at this point, so he needs to increase that to also be able to land it. He says landing will be a whole new challenge and he'll only know how difficult it will be when he starts on it, but at the same time he feels like he should be able to land it.

Overall, he sounds more positive to me than he did in 2017 (I never mentioned it then, but his interviews around and after ACI and around and after Rostelecom in 2017 creeped me out, there seemed to me to be a sort of dark mood around him). Not counting last year, because last year he was just burning with his revived ambition to win it all lol But I think he is also maybe a little more mature and calmer now. And UR calls or not, he's still the guy training 4A and quints, even if in harness, and that's something he'll be satisfied with, regardless of judging.

All that is from memory, though, so hoping for a proper translation, too.

But the 4A and quint thing reminded me... after reading some FS discussions on reddit, I was surprised not to find any mention of Yuzu's quint talk or his progress on 4A, there (not in general threads, maybe there are more dedicated ones). So I checked that other big FS forum and nothing there, either, in the general threads. So it made me wonder if non-Yuzu fans genuinely don't know or are just ignoring the information, like pretending it didn't happen means it didn't lol. I can't wait for Yuzu to be asked about quints in press conferences, forcing the Western world to face the facts. Even if he's only training them for his 4A, someone training quints in harness makes the gazillion of not so great quads being thrown around kind of not seem quite so amazing anymore. To me, at least. :devilYuzu:

Oh and if anyone likes, I could try to make a spoiler post later today about some highlights from the DVD, the stuff that was new to me.

4 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

He was only talking about the protocol itself in the beginning. The interviewer gave it to him and said something like "You probably don't want to look at it, but..." and Yuzu said "I don't want to look at it". He did say that both toeloops (I guess he meant the quads) getting UR calls hurts - though if he also said that as far as he's concerned they were clean, they cut that part out. He did acknowledge the mistakes on the loop and salchow and said he wants to land those properly. I think he also said that he wants to do his layout cleanly, before advancing to a more difficult one, but there was a but and then I didn't really understand. I think he maybe meant that having more jumps in his arsenal gives him the possibility to change the layout if something doesn't work so well and something else works better, and I think that's when the stock question came up. I interpreted it as the interviewer asked him about his stock of possible layouts and Yuzu refused to give out any details, hence the "various" answer. But I have no idea if this is correct.

He sounds calm and confident, actually, although the way he keeps saying that Worlds taught him that he can't win with just GOE always hurts to hear. He seems calm about it, though, like it's a conclusion he's accepted by now and is working on moving past it. The 4A talk is the same as before. He confirms he can rotate, but says he hasn't landed it yet. There's the talk about needing 90% of his physical strength just to rotate at this point, so he needs to increase that to also be able to land it. He says landing will be a whole new challenge and he'll only know how difficult it will be when he starts on it, but at the same time he feels like he should be able to land it.

Overall, he sounds more positive to me than he did in 2017 (I never mentioned it then, but his interviews around and after ACI and around and after Rostelecom in 2017 creeped me out, there seemed to me to be a sort of dark mood around him). Not counting last year, because last year he was just burning with his revived ambition to win it all lol But I think he is also maybe a little more mature and calmer now. And UR calls or not, he's still the guy training 4A and quints, even if in harness, and that's something he'll be satisfied with, regardless of judging.

All that is from memory, though, so hoping for a proper translation, too.

But the 4A and quint thing reminded me... after reading some FS discussions on reddit, I was surprised not to find any mention of Yuzu's quint talk or his progress on 4A, there (not in general threads, maybe there are more dedicated ones). So I checked that other big FS forum and nothing there, either, in the general threads. So it made me wonder if non-Yuzu fans genuinely don't know or are just ignoring the information, like pretending it didn't happen means it didn't lol. I can't wait for Yuzu to be asked about quints in press conferences, forcing the Western world to face the facts. Even if he's only training them for his 4A, someone training quints in harness makes the gazillion of not so great quads being thrown around kind of not seem quite so amazing anymore. To me, at least. :devilYuzu:

Oh and if anyone likes, I could try to make a spoiler post later today about some highlights from the DVD, the stuff that was new to me.

Thank you for your translation ! and if it is not taking too much of your time I would be interested in the spoilers you might give us ;) 

4 hours ago, IceWings said:

Subtitles!

Hearing him say that he has to train carefully, without getting injured, for the 4A, actually reassures me a lot. And how he's calculated how much strength and effort is needed for everything. He's being super-scientific about getting this 4A. 

He should write a research paper when he's done. Something like Observations on the Process of Extreme Achievement in High Performance Sport :xD:

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hearing him say that he has to train carefully, without getting injured, for the 4A, actually reassures me a lot. And how he's calculated how much strength and effort is needed for everything. He's being super-scientific about getting this 4A. 

He should write a research paper when he's done. Something like Observations on the Process of Extreme Achievement in High Performance Sport :xD:

I actually would love for him to do these kinds of things. It doesn't have to be a scientific research paper, but just some really in depth skating talk about different jumps, elements and the process of aquiring these from him would be amazing. I always love when he gets really nerdy and particular about skating things (or anything he's passionate about, really). 

31 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

I actually would love for him to do these kinds of things. It doesn't have to be a scientific research paper, but just some really in depth skating talk about different jumps, elements and the process of aquiring these from him would be amazing. I always love when he gets really nerdy and particular about skating things. 

And not just him, and not just skating. I find all of this stuff so interesting, in every sport. How do you go from doing what everyone else at your level does, to doing what no one else can? It's a fascinating subject.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Observations on the Process of Extreme Achievement in High Performance Sport

It sounds like something out of a Sherlock Holmes novel I don't know why. But I hope when he does find the time, he gifts us with the brilliance of his mind once again. I know it's gonna be amazing. I love how he talks about his jumps even in the earlier videos when he was even younger.