General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

1. The pink version of this wins hands down.

2. This bluish version.

3. Dory

4. Xylitol - if you ripped the orange thing off, you had a nicely fitted body suit and I love him in white.  The costume was actually quite fetching from the back side.  

How did they manage to mess up every aspect of these pictures when their subject is so photogenic? I'm starting to wonder  if this was meant tongue in cheek - you'd have to be doing this on purpose to do it this badly, right?  Terrible colors - check. Baggy enough to hide his trademark body proportions - check. Make his face look even creepier than that wax figure - check.

At least with Dory and Xylitol, you still had a beautiful face and proper fit to look at it.  The worst thing about this ad is what they did to his face.  Looks like they dunked his head in bronzer and then still CGI'd it. 

A few months ago in Lotte headquarters marketing department.

Marketing person A: "Yuzuru Hanyu is so beautiful! He always looks great, no matter what situation, no matter what outfit."

Marketing person B: "I bet 1000 Yen I can make Yuzuru Hanyu look terrible."

8 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Marketing person A: "Yuzuru Hanyu is so beautiful! He always looks great, no matter what situation, no matter what outfit."

Someone's seriously jealous :rofl:

yet they failed he still looks beautiful

just not as beautiful as he usually looks

Hace 5 horas, KatjaThera said:

Hide contents

I guess I'd rather Yuzu wrote an actual book at some point. Or had his team make his own dvd/br. (Maybe Fuji being one of the producers of this makes sense, in the end...)

(I'm quoting OP's spoilers about the recently released DVD). You know what would be even more amazing? A biopic about him... as long as the film is done tactfully, respectfully and with his consent; it has the potential to be great.

I'm bringing this up since I saw that Yuzuru is the third most popular figure skater on Wikipedia. The first and second place belong to Tonya -whose page has twice as much views as him- and Nancy Kerrigan. I think it's a shame that the most well-known figure skater is someone mainly known for her lack of sportsmanship...

I feel extremely lucky to know Yuzuru and to have followed his journey. I never thought I'd become a fan of this sport, but his skating has brought me so much joy. Which is why I'm sad that many people still don't know him and aren't aware of what they're missing out on.

I wish he could become the most well-known person (among the general public) in his sport at least... I feel he's one of the most incredible athletes in the world... Wouldn't it be great to tell his story on the big screen? I mean... winning the 1000th OGM after all the hardship, doubts and pain he went through? That's beyond inspiring

1 minute ago, Yuzurella said:

But he is so beautiful. Imagine how amazing he would look if instead they used flowers and silk or chiffon.:sadPooh:

32 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I'm bringing this up since I saw that Yuzuru is the third most popular figure skater on Wikipedia. The first and second place belong to Tonya -whose page has twice as much views as him- and Nancy Kerrigan. I think it's a shame that the most well-known figure skater is someone mainly known for her lack of sportsmanship...

Harding and Kerrigan's numbers are notoriety, not popularity, and boosted by the film.  Yuzu is the most popular.

Hace 22 horas, yuzuangel said:

I do occasionally wonder if they would have given it to Javi or Shoma if they had clean skates. But my consensus with myself is no :D

I don't know about Javi, but I remember that right after SEIMEI ended I closed the stream and googled Shoma's PB score. I knew that he needed 214 points to beat Yuzu, and IIRC his personal best score was 213 at the moment. That's when I realized Yuzu had won (even before I read about Shoma's fall... )

Hace 1 hora, TallyT said:

Harding and Kerrigan's numbers are notoriety, not popularity, and boosted by the film.  Yuzu is the most popular.

Yeah maybe I used the wrong words... I meant to say that the typical non-FS-fan /in the west/ might know who Harding and Kerrigan are (thanks to the film), but they might not know who Yuzuru is

10 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

On the other hand

...I leave for 24 HOURS, YUZURU and THIS IS WHAT YOU DO?

He looks like an android from the neck up and - I don't even have words to describe whatever he's wearing. Like asking a person who has just come out of 200-year cryogenic freeze and also doesn't know how to sew if they could make a fancy outfit.

3 hours ago, Louitunes said:

I was right then ....... IT IS THE 80's.  Only thing to make it worse was if it was the 70's (I lived through those too).  Then the body would be in brown with huge white and brown flowers and the material would be crimplene.  There would then of course have to be a small rounded Peter Pan collar overlaying the gold bit in the same glorious pattern!!!!

Greating jumping GOATs on a stick - don't give Lotte IDEAS!!! :yuck:

:offtopic2:(but not really) Does anyone have any suggestion for how to make a screen capture from a 480p video look a bit sharper and with better colour before trying to print it as a photo/sticker? Preferably using Paint or some other easily downloadable free software that works on Windows 7? If I can do this, I'll have a lovely Yuzu photo to share at SCI...:nod2:

52 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

I had to google Yuzuru Hanyu hands because I can't believe that this is his actual body. I feel like the only thing that belongs to him is the face.

The neck is definitely Yuzu's as well. Unfortunately I think the hands are his too, so even though the whole thing just looks off, I think it's actually him and not a bad Photoshop job. If they'd had the top even close to fitting it wouldn't look quite as weird, but since there's no taper to The Waist my brain just doesn't want to accept that it's Yuzu. But to know for sure, I'd have to spend more time looking at that picture, and that's not something I particularly want to do. Congratulations Lotte, you've managed to come up with a picture of Yuzu I don't want to stare at. Pretty sure that's a first. :yuck:

All I can say is that I hope he's being compensated extremely well to appear in that outfit in public.