General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Wooow! It's hard to believe that these pics were taken by a fan during ACI practice. They look better than most professional photoshoots I've ever seen. Yuzu's sooo beautiful and photogenic! :love: :tumblr_inline_mqt4gmPEiv1qz4rgp:

The eyes, the nose, the cheekbones, the lips... THE TOTAL PACKAGE.

At ACI last week I realized something interesting. My personal impression and perception of Otonal and Origin has changed.

Last season I saw Yuzu's own story, motive and skating journey in these programs in the first place. Self-reflection, nostalgia and simply Yuzuru Hanyu, who loves skating. When he opened that photo album in Otonal, I imagined how it was filled with photos of little mushroom Yuzu, his first steps on the ice, then his first competitions, titles and finally his second OGM and all the people, who played important roles during this journey (familiy, friends, coaches, heroes, rivals...) :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Now I see and imagine a bit more. (This might have something to do with the current judging madness and ISU's future plans as well...)

I imagine that the photo album does not only show Yuzu's journey but the history of figure skating as a whole starting with the first skates made of bones 5000 years ago, then the first real blades in the 14th century and the first figures drawn onto the ice, adding the balletic aspect in the 19th century, later also spins and jumps... yeah, basically every key event until today. Let's be honest: The latest developments in the sport let the temperatures really drop and make people shiver (so much that even Yuzu had to make his costume fluffier hihi). But then I see that step sequence, where Yuzu breaks through all the walls and obstacles and overshines everything. When I watch that sequence, I feel really warm and happy.

In Origin I take a look at the two music pieces 'Art on Ice' and 'Magic Stradivarius'. Yeah... what is art on ice without music? This is a rhetorical question actually. For how many decades has music/choreography been part of figure skating now? Origin represents exactly these two pillars of the sport in its current form. The Stradivari plays the music and the skating visualizes the music through body movements on the ice. When I see Yuzu's little hand movement in the step sequence, I associate it with a violinist playing the Stradivari, but only at the beginning. For me the movement changes halfway into something else, as if Yuzu drew the music itself into the air. So... when I'm now watching Origin, the program screams to me: 'Don't do this, ISU. You cannot seperate technique and art anyway. They belong together.'

I don't know what Yuzu's feelings, associations, thoughts and motives are. As I said before, this is what I imagine and feel when I watch these programs and it's really soothing :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

When I watched last year's Origin, I really saw that creator/deity that Shae-Lynn referenced in her interview about it. I saw a story of a being so brimming over with energy that he couldn't help but create a world and humans to live in it, and then become intrigued and enamored with what he had made. I didn't see Yuzu in it - it was more like Yuzu became the means of expression for this incredible story. 

This year, though, Origin seems a lot more personal and more passionate. It feels more like Yuzu is showing us himself and trying to say something that he really wants to say, that only he can express. And I feel like there's a lot of love in it - strong, fierce, passionate love - though for what, I couldn't say.  (Come to think of it, it reminds me of R&J 1.0 in that way). 

With Otonal, for me the feeling is similar between the two versions. If anything, I'd say this year's seems like it's been set free from constraints we didn't know were there.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:06 AM, mercedes said:

either they live under a rock or simply they are too busy inside their high-class swiss HQ....let me post here the very 1st answer they got,don't who this person is but well done to them

Delurked by the power of salt...welcome here !:wave:

I don't know if something belonging to Asian media but i've never seen anything like this before,usually is a pretty business like relationship ,still it's very nice he gets this kind of support too.

Less salt and more an enjoyment of data, but thanks for the welcome all the same!

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

When I watched last year's Origin, I really saw that creator/deity that Shae-Lynn referenced in her interview about it. I saw a story of a being so brimming over with energy that he couldn't help but create a world and humans to live in it, and then become intrigued and enamored with what he had made. I didn't see Yuzu in it - it was more like Yuzu became the means of expression for this incredible story. 

This year, though, Origin seems a lot more personal and more passionate. It feels more like Yuzu is showing us himself and trying to say something that he really wants to say, that only he can express. And I feel like there's a lot of love in it - strong, fierce, passionate love - though for what, I couldn't say.  (Come to think of it, it reminds me of R&J 1.0 in that way). 

With Otonal, for me the feeling is similar between the two versions. If anything, I'd say this year's seems like it's been set free from constraints we didn't know were there.

I agree with both sentiment. And Origin, I think this season's version is more true to Yuzu, as he said it is about coming back to his Origin (instead of Shae Lynn concept). And the love that you mention..  what else if not love for ice and figure skating?

The "Shinka no Toki" blu-ray/dvd is releasing today :

https://www.amazon.co.jp/【メーカー特典あり】羽生結弦「進化の時」Blu-ray(ロゴステッカー付き)-羽生結弦/dp/B07W6XRKQJ/

Can someone explain the difference between the normal vs special edition? I can see that the special edition comes with 2 small stickers, but this can't be the only thing considering the 2000 yens price difference ? :scratch3:

5 hours ago, Lusuji said:

The "Shinka no Toki" blu-ray/dvd is releasing today :

https://www.amazon.co.jp/【メーカー特典あり】羽生結弦「進化の時」Blu-ray(ロゴステッカー付き)-羽生結弦/dp/B07W6XRKQJ/

Can someone explain the difference between the normal vs special edition? I can see that the special edition comes with 2 small stickers, but this can't be the only thing considering the 2000 yens price difference ? :scratch3:

You may not believe it, but actually it is. One very very small sticker (not 2 stickers but 1!) is the only reason for the price difference.

We are joking  "Is a secret code for Yuzu's secret movie written with invisible ink somewhere on this sticker??"

Personally, I recommend you the normal edition without a sticker. I've got the special one with a sticker, but I don't know what to do with it!:2:

53 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

You may not believe it, but actually it is. One very very small sticker (not 2 stickers but 1!) is the only reason for the price difference.

We are joking  "Is a secret code for Yuzu's secret movie written with invisible ink somewhere on this sticker??"

Personally, I recommend you the normal edition without a sticker. I've got the special one with a sticker, but I don't know what to do with it!:2:

Thanks!  I was wondering which one to get too.  

1 hour ago, daisyjune said:

Thank you for the info! I'll save money with the normal edition and spend it on one of the new mooks instead :dancingpooh:

2 hours ago, roller96 said:

I signed. Did you make this petition yourself? I also shared on the Italian Skating Group on facebook. 

7 hours ago, andchipzz said:

I agree with both sentiment. And Origin, I think this season's version is more true to Yuzu, as he said it is about coming back to his Origin (instead of Shae Lynn concept). And the love that you mention..  what else if not love for ice and figure skating?

Oh, of course! It's his :heart: for Ice-chan that I saw, absolutely! 

2 hours ago, daisyjune said:

I think I have to buy the blue ray...I intended to be very careful with money this year!!:xD:..

But I have to do it...:hachimaki:

I should not have gone to amazon jp..and take a look..😂

2 hours ago, raebia said:

I think I have to buy the blue ray...I intended to be very careful with money this year!!:xD:..

But I have to do it...:hachimaki:

I should not have gone to amazon jp..and take a look..😂

LOL I took a look at amazon jp a few weeks ago and I got 4 deliveries in the last 2 weeks ! Luckily it makes no sense for me to buy the blue ray right now because i don’t have a blue ray player right now and my laptop and my tv are broken! But as soon as I have those I’ll buy myself the blue ray even if I have to wait half a year 

I need to know, am I the only one who gets really emotional whenever I see Yuzu's perfect 3Lz at ACI? 

After the injury and more than a year with no lutzs, I honestly thought that we will never see it again. I know he was jumping 4Lz at shows and that he did it in practice, but part of me was still very worried that it would not last. So, for me, that one 3Lz in the free was (and still is on re-watch) the most beautiful jump ever. It somehow became more real that he is healthy enough to not just practice it but to also have it in his program.

I pray that this will be the last time I will ever have to worry about it or injury ever again :smiley-angelic001: