General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Zu working Origin choreo with SLB. :heart:

1 hour ago, mercedes said:

To be able to one day watch the whole creative process,it'd be adream really!

He is beautiful to watch even when he just skates around.

Yuzu's just pure elegance and grace! He's so beautiful to watch. Every movement of his looks like a piece of art! :heartpound:

It would be wonderful to watch the entire creative process of a program from start to finish including choosing the music, designing and making the costume, creating the choreography, practising etc.

Maybe one day Yuzu will allow a TV team to accompany him during this process. That's not likely to happen while he's still competing, but perhaps after he r******, he might allow a TV station to make a documentary about him and the creation of his programs. I can already say with certainty that this kind of documentary would become an absolute blockbuster. :agree2:

On 9/18/2019 at 9:23 PM, sweetwater said:

Hi! I guess there are multiple sources, but the one I could find was an article in Sports Hochi published right after World Junior Championships in 2010. Here is a picture of the article I found somewhere. (Sorry, I don't remember the source...) In the general info about him printed in the gray box in the bottom left, they said, "名前の由来 弓の弦を結ぶように凛とした生き方をしてほしいと父がつけた" which roughly means that his father named him Yuzuru wishing him to become a person who had dignified beauty and strength like a tied bowstring.

Thank you so much

would anyone want to help me with a tedious data entry project? basically I would need you to input judges' scores into a spreadsheet. it's pretty easy, it's just time consuming for me to do alone. the point is to create a way to track individual judges' biases by keeping a record of how they scored individual skaters across multiple competitions.

(spoiler alert: even though my project is only partially complete it's already becoming apparent that most US judges and nearly all Russian judges are terrible. there are also several judges that are so laughably, provably biased they really, really should not be judging competitions)

9 minutes ago, shanshani said:

would anyone want to help me with a tedious data entry project? basically I would need you to input judges' scores into a spreadsheet. it's pretty easy, it's just time consuming for me to do alone. the point is to create a way to track individual judges' biases by keeping a record of how they scored individual skaters across multiple competitions.

(spoiler alert: even though my project is only partially complete it's already becoming apparent that most US judges and nearly all Russian judges are terrible. there are also several judges that are so laughably, provably biased they really, really should not be judging competitions)

Try this website? http://skatingscores.com They have a lot of entries 

You can contact the person on twitter too, they'll probably be happy to share their data https://twitter.com/SkatingScores