General Yuzuru Chat

21 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh wow, apparently even TSL don’t think the ACI 4Ts were underrotated. And according to them, Doug Haw (and apparently Brian) were furious about it. 

as they very well should be. Why were they even under review in the first place? we know tech panels skip reviewing actually underrotated jumps because they looked ok in real time. 

honestly, the fact that this happened with an entirely North American technical panel is pretty suspicious when Yuzu is the biggest rival of arguably the biggest currently active North American skater (Nathan). Imagine if you had an entire technical panel composed of RUS, UKR, and KAZ reviewing ladies. Would you really trust the objectivity of such a group? (answer: no. former soviet bloc judges are provably biased almost to a person--I have data to back this up. north american judges are slightly better, but most of them are provably biased too)

12 часов назад, river сказал:

Someone tell me to snap out of it - it's too early to be looking up hotels in Beijing after he's said he'll go if he thinks he can win... :headdesk:

*whispers* Beijing GPF first (shuddering thinking about fighting for tickets with Chinese fans), but I try to take it step by step and not go so far ahead, this season just started.

3 hours ago, andchipzz said:

Based on my experience, and people that I know, there are those people who just enjoy being alone. I am a homebody myself, and I don't find the need to hang out etc. Sometimes we lament about young man who plays around too much, who does not have a dream/vision in his life, who drifts through life without any contribution to the society. And now we have this young man who can become a role model and we lament about his life too. 

From the nuances of his interview, I feel that he definitely does not feel that he suffers. Since childhood, he is convinced that his happiness comes from skating and from his family, and it is enough for him. Rather than internally feeling lonely or isolation, it is people's reaction about his choices which will make him second guessing himself. He thinks that people see him as pitiful. I definitely feel that, when people come to me and criticizing why I dont go out etc., I will start to think, am I a weirdo? Am I strange? Should I feel loneliness or isolation? Maybe I am behaving like a monk, even though I definitely do not feel it myself. For me, what I am doing is normal (I am the kind of person who is capable on not going outside for days at a time, and don't bother to meet up with other people). That is not to say he or other like him do not maintain online communication.

I personally think it is his life choice, and it will be great if people can respect that. I am sure that in his mind, he already has a timeline, that he is going to focus on this, on competing and figure skating until he r-word, and he will sacrifice things that other people think as happiness. And see? The expression that he give during PC's Seimei, that is pure unadulterated happiness that you rarely can find on young people even when they do this so call relaxing and enjoying life. Moreover, from his social interaction, I definitely don't see him as awkward, instead he is very well adjusted and it shows that his social life does not suffer from this. It won't be that long, at least until he is in his 30s, fans might see him go out more etc. etc though I doubt it.

So many people say that we have to have fun and enjoy and relax while we are still young, but esp. for athletes and esp. for figure skaters, youth is that period that one should take complete advantage of. And it is absolutely okay to choose that. And I think we have to respect that he wants to optimize his opportunity.

I think your words've made me feel much better, less worried (that he is sacrificing too much). I am ok with whichever lifestyle he opts for, all I wonder was just if he is happy. And listening to you, I think that he's and happy (and I am happy):iagree:

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Oh wow, apparently even TSL don’t think the ACI 4Ts were underrotated. And according to them, Doug Haw (and apparently Brian) were furious about it. 

At least at this point of view they became objective.

Sure they are patriotic about their skaters. But they are trying their best to give the 2OGM the dignity he deserves when we are talking about skills.

I remember seeing the clip that Dave and Jonathan were saying that Yuzu does not need to join WTT because he his integrity is beyond that.

And that they think the judging there will be a joke. lmao. And they started gripping about V******'s 4Lutz not being called there.

3 時間前, Fayさんが言いました:

Thank you, it is good to know Brian was furious about it :biggrin:

About his landings, I have a question for satellites who are skaters or who have lots of knowledge about the mechanics of skating. 

It seems he is adding muscle mass. Many of us have remarked on it, both during ACI and FaOI. And our observations jibe with his statements about building strength for the 4A (see: Toe Loop, Quintuple). Of course, the added strength is necessary and in many ways a bonus, but will the added mass affect his technique in ways that may take a while to understand and master? 

My impression is that skaters have to be careful to balance the advantages and disadvantages of being very muscular. And Yuzu has always been remarkably slender, while, at the same time having the strength to jump like a gazelle. He seems to possess an unusually high ratio of strength-to-muscle mass. But if he's gotten heavier by even a few kg, I would think that would translate into greater impact on landing, at least until he adjusted his technique to compensate for the added mass. 

Would that be the case? All insights appreciated. 

:gla:

5 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

No, I didn't mean he did not research that enough. I meant he did not hold the position in that actual skate. So when he released the arrow, he was not holding the bow anymore. That's all I was saying. No criticism in that. I adore that move. :7938863:

Ah, now I understand! 

1 hour ago, Sukigirl said:

We’ve found the LingLing of figure skating :worship:

...except Ling Ling already landed 4A and all the quints, in a program with all Level 4 components . That's what being Ling Ling means! :LOL:

I have to admit, when I saw all the tweets talking about Yuzu's attention to detail on this, my first thought was 'I wonder if he watches TwoSet?' :68468287: