General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

"Olympic Dream" means something for everybody then, not just smol mushrooms with great ambitions. 

But seriously, though, I envy Yuzu his singularity of vision. I've spent my entire adult life trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up (after my one actual dream proved to be a financial nightmare I couldn't overcome). I would give my eyeteeth to be so passionate about, and good at,  something that my dream couldn't be denied even by a magnitude 9 earthquake. People would always tell me "well, you're so ____ (fill in blank with positive noun of your choice), you could be anything!" as if that's supposed to be some kind of help. Imagine having such a powerful dream, from such an early age, that you never had to experience the stress of trying to choose something. 

I can totally feel you! I'm the same.

I've always had so many different interests and so many different passions. I tried out many things and experienced a couple of failures, some of which were pretty costly, not only emotionally but also financially. I've been an adult for many years now and I'm still figuring out what I wanna do when I've grown up.

There are a couple of things I really enjoy doing but my passion and dedication were never so complete that I just wanted to do this one thing for decades and achieve great goals in this one field. I've always wished that I could have one passion that I'd single-mindedly pursue no matter what. I've always wanted to have a great and powerful vision and be so extraordinarily talented at something that I just know what I want to do with my life. No questions asked.

I think this makes Yuzu even more special. His passion and dedication are absolutely admirable. No wonder he's a role model for so many people. :heart:

49 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

"Olympic Dream" means something for everybody then, not just smol mushrooms with great ambitions. 

But seriously, though, I envy Yuzu his singularity of vision. I've spent my entire adult life trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up (after my one actual dream proved to be a financial nightmare I couldn't overcome). I would give my eyeteeth to be so passionate about, and good at,  something that my dream couldn't be denied even by a magnitude 9 earthquake. People would always tell me "well, you're so ____ (fill in blank with positive noun of your choice), you could be anything!" as if that's supposed to be some kind of help. Imagine having such a powerful dream, from such an early age, that you never had to experience the stress of trying to choose something, you just had to do it. It's not that it would be easy, because obviously it's not easy. It's that you would always know your path without wandering around lost in life. How lucky to have something like that. 

On the other hand, Yuzu does have to retire eventually, and competitions and Olympics will then be a thing of the past. After that, he may have to do a little wandering just like the rest of us. (Although probably with much more financial security, I must admit.)

I don't say that to be a downer, just to point out that the shape of a life changes, and just because Yuzu has something he's wholeheartedly committed to now, doesn't mean he always will, and just because you may not have that now, doesn't mean you always won't.

Of course, maybe after he retires he'll just wholeheartedly throw himself into coaching and trying to beat whichever coach has the record for highest number of Olympic medalists coached. :xD:

44 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Of course, maybe after he retires he'll just wholeheartedly throw himself into coaching and trying to beat whichever coach has the record for highest number of Olympic medalists coached. :xD:

Then he will look it up, realize that person is TAT, and for the first time in his life he will abandon a goal immediately and go do something else. :peekapooh::68468287:

1 hour ago, ICeleste said:

The fact that he's so busy with his  quints, nessies, flip Axels or whatever, yet he also dedicated his time to research about this... His attention to detail is extraordinary. 

If Yuzu wanted to be a classical musician, he's got the hands, sharp eyes and more importantly the EARS for it. I won't be surprised if he can play by ear, have a perfect pitch--and perhaps even learn just by watching the movements of great virtuosos. He'd put Paganini's 24 Caprices to shame easily.

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

On the other hand, Yuzu does have to retire eventually, and competitions and Olympics will then be a thing of the past. After that, he may have to do a little wandering just like the rest of us. (Although probably with much more financial security, I must admit.)

I don't say that to be a downer, just to point out that the shape of a life changes, and just because Yuzu has something he's wholeheartedly committed to now, doesn't mean he always will, and just because you may not have that now, doesn't mean you always won't.

True, although I suspect that for a great many years to come, skating will be his life in one way or another. 

While I am angry about the downplay of Yuzu's achievement, and the tendencies for certain media to make as if Yuzu's days are over (while skipping the part where he has been competing in painkillers while in rehabilitation in OWG 2018 and World 2019).

H/e in many ways I also feel giddy of that? It is funny how they make Yuzu into an underdog. It is like they don't know that such things will not make him down, but instead fires up because he is a phoenix! Look at his history. It is always about rising from the ashes. I am going to send positive energy to him so God help him maintain good mental and physical condition as long as he needed.

It is his hope to win definitively, and I will tsupport him in achieving the win that cannot be argued against. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But seriously, though, I envy Yuzu his singularity of vision. I've spent my entire adult life trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up (after my one actual dream proved to be a financial nightmare I couldn't overcome). I would give my eyeteeth to be so passionate about, and good at,  something that my dream couldn't be denied even by a magnitude 9 earthquake. People would always tell me "well, you're so ____ (fill in blank with positive noun of your choice), you could be anything!" as if that's supposed to be some kind of help. Imagine having such a powerful dream, from such an early age, that you never had to experience the stress of trying to choose something, you just had to do it. It's not that it would be easy, because obviously it's not easy. It's that you would always know your path without wandering around lost in life. How lucky to have something like that. 

It's hard to tell what's he's really been though and is still going through. From what I can get from the gist of his personality, is that he hyper-focuses on the things that he can do now even when he has so many doubts about so many things. Tackling one day at a time. Trusting that everything that he is doing will lead to a great place no one has even been to before. And perhaps that is the very thing that excites him the most, the thing that has kept him fuelled. 

We all have our own timeline, just like the Cherry Blossoms wait for Spring even when it can actually bloom on Summer. I mean why wait for the cold Winter right? Who's to say Spring will come again? But all the more so, it is what makes the blossoms precious and beautiful. Because even when it has gone through such, its life is still fleeting. Without all of that, it wouldn't have been so significant nor symbolic. 

We're only here for a moment in the grand scheme of things, so it's alright to not know and to be uncertain. Delays are not denials. The reason for it is simply because it is not yet the right time. 

18 minutes ago, AkaneYamashina said:

We're only here for a moment in the grand scheme of things, so it's alright to not know and to be uncertain. Delays are not denials. The reason for it is simply because it is not yet the right time. 

I appreciate what you're trying to tell me here. Just know that in my case, the delay has so far been 26 years and counting, since I was 20 when my first dream  blew up in my face...it's a little hard to be philosophical these days. :) More like, I've come to the conclusion that not everyone gets a grand vision to follow, some of us just get to take care of other stuff instead. 

16 minutes ago, AkaneYamashina said:

twoset--Eddy could hardly even say the lyrics of the Viola Gang song while playing the violin:xD:

Have you seen the early videos where they do exercises in the park while trying to play? :joy:

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But seriously, though, I envy Yuzu his singularity of vision. 

I admire him for it but at the same time I am worried. He himself said that he lives like a monk, and that skating is all his life. I am worried because he has lived like that for quite (or very?) long time, and that he may suffer from loneliness, isolation... As a young man, I really hope that he can enjoy and relax a nit more. Am I worried too much?