General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

本当にきれいなの跳んでやるからな。見とけ、世界!」 "I'm going to jump the truly beautiful one. Watch it WORLD!"

From his mouth to God's ears! May it be so. :snonegai:

Also, he's lived in Canada for eight years and suddenly he's picking up Trudeau-isms... "Just watch me", eh? :68468287:

2 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

I've been thinking about reaching out to Max. Yesterday I watched an interview he gave after Saitama where he talked about the need for an "intervention" to fix the problems with the scoring system. At least "intervention" was the word that appeared in the English translation. He didn't elaborate on what he meant, but to me, the word intervention, if it's an accurate translation, suggests an action that originates outside the ISU. 

I'd like to ask him what he meant and what role fans could play in initiating such an intervention. Would a petition to the ISU, asking for an independent review of the scoring system, have any effect? If so, how should it be worded and delivered for maximum impact? Is it smart to argue that interest in the sport is lagging because the scoring is so incomprehensible that it looks arbitrary? What figures in or outside the skating world carry weight with the ISU, and how might we enlist them to the cause?

I imagine it would be pretty easy to get such a message to him -- privately, though, not through a public forum such as Twitter. What do you think of that idea, and how many might want to be co-signers? And would an Italian-speaking satellite volunteer to translate it? 

Yep Max says exactly that and uses the word intervention several times,to me the subtitles are pretty accurate.

I'm sure Max speaks english very well but if you guys want to translate it in italian i could try.

35 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

He has such a peaceful expression in this pic....also do I spot Herry's sig in the top left corner?

14 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know, right? :xD:

Yuzuru's casually training quintuples jumps and now Mezamashi airing Yuzuru's interview....the apocaypse is coming I tell you:volcano:

10 minutes ago, river said:

Someone tell me to snap out of it - it's too early to be looking up hotels in Beijing after he's said he'll go if he thinks he can win... :headdesk:

Tell me about it! I spent the day trying to figure out how the ticketing system for the olympics works ;-; Beijing 2022 here i come i guess? :dontdothistome:

3 minutes ago, Indiiea said:

I just had to check, seems you can even start pre booking some tours to get a spot :o

:jaw:

Also, I'm never spending money on parking again. Just calculated how much $$ I could save in 871 days if I put my daily parking fees into it, and yes, I can afford Yuzu in Beijing.

22 minutes ago, river said:

Someone tell me to snap out of it - it's too early to be looking up hotels in Beijing after he's said he'll go if he thinks he can win... :headdesk:

I was looking at AirBnBs in Beijing months ago and researching how tickets are distributed. The boy has driven me certifiably insane. 

:hihi:

2 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

I was looking at AirBnBs in Beijing months ago and researching how tickets are distributed. The boy has driven me certifiably insane. 

:hihi:

Call me crazy but I was also searching for hotels and so on für die olympischen Spiele in Peking