General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

Is there any chance that some merciful hearted satellite with linguistic japanese capabilities to give us ignorants at least a gist of a translation of the Mezamashi interview, please, pretty please?

He's not really saying anything surprising, just that he's kuyashii, he doesn't want to let things end like this, feels he wants to continue developing and to use this experience as a basis for becoming stronger again. Exactly as we might expect at this point :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu warming up before his FS. So sparkly! :devilYuzu:

Yuzu jumping that way on land always amazes me ....I know of course skaters train off ice as well but it’s still da*n impressive!

Sorry did  Mezamashi really delivered a Yuzu interview???😱

On the whole scoring mess I think letting ISU know what we feel as fans is probably the only way,but in my opinion it should be something done for FS in general and not only for  Yuzuru so maybe I ‘d let him out of it ...someone on Twitter wrote something like fair score for every skater (or something to that effect) which to me is the best way.

But I also love the we love Yuzu from all over the world project so he knows we are a lot ,we are from every corner and that we still think he’ s the absolute GOAT 🐐!

also welcome to the newest Fanyus ,have fun guys 🤗

EEm-FQ-r-VUAALk51

It doesn't matter how long I've known it, it's still unbelievable how he had thought about 2 OGMs and even when to get them since kindergarten. Damn it KINDERGARTEN :deadinside:. And not only Olympic champ but DOUBLE olympic champ :deadinside: :deadinside:.

I mean little Yuzu prob didn't even know how unreasonable it was as no one had ever done it since 1952. He just KNEW he would do it, like some supernatural power told him to?

The only thing I could explain with his case is everyone has their own fate, and some ppl just KNOW by instinct why they were born and live true to their fate with invincible faith that sometimes doesn't make sense to others. If I heard some kindergarten kid said "I will win 2 Olympics" I would just take it as a child's dream, just like "I want to be Superman" or "I want to be President" lol. But well, that's why some ppl are one-in-a-million and I am not :winky:

Btw "Since I'm not retiring yet, NOT YET"  is basically "Screw you ISU, I'm HERE, existing longer than your collapsing system" :9:"

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

If there's any excuse for all these wrong decisions, it's the fact that judges have to take care of too many things at the same time. There are currently 6 positive and 18 negative GOE bullets that must be checked for every technical element plus 5 global program components with vague guidelines. That all has to be done in less than 7 minutes.

When I rescore a program and take care of all the bullets and guidelines, it takes me at least 15-20 minutes and I have the option to stop or rewind the video footage anytime. Judges must decide about the GOE immediately after the execution of the element. However, even if you have only 1 second to judge Yuzu's YOLO 3A from 4CC, it's really hard to justify 0 GOE. That must have been a really big typo blooper or pure hate.

I've been thinking about reaching out to Max. Yesterday I watched an interview he gave after Saitama where he talked about the need for an "intervention" to fix the problems with the scoring system. At least "intervention" was the word that appeared in the English translation. He didn't elaborate on what he meant, but to me, the word intervention, if it's an accurate translation, suggests an action that originates outside the ISU. 

I'd like to ask him what he meant and what role fans could play in initiating such an intervention. Would a petition to the ISU, asking for an independent review of the scoring system, have any effect? If so, how should it be worded and delivered for maximum impact? Is it smart to argue that interest in the sport is lagging because the scoring is so incomprehensible that it looks arbitrary? What figures in or outside the skating world carry weight with the ISU, and how might we enlist them to the cause?

I imagine it would be pretty easy to get such a message to him -- privately, though, not through a public forum such as Twitter. What do you think of that idea, and how many might want to be co-signers? And would an Italian-speaking satellite volunteer to translate it? 

35 minutes ago, monchan said:

EEm-FQ-r-VUAALk51

It doesn't matter how long I've known it, it's still unbelievable how he had thought about 2 OGMs and even when to get them since kindergarten. Damn it KINDERGARTEN :deadinside:. And not only Olympic champ but DOUBLE olympic champ :deadinside: :deadinside:.

I mean little Yuzu prob didn't even know how unreasonable it was as no one had ever done it since 1952. He just KNEW he would do it, like some supernatural power told him to?

The only thing I could explain with his case is everyone has their own fate, and some ppl just KNOW by instinct why they were born and live true to their fate with invincible faith that sometimes doesn't make sense to others. If I heard some kindergarten kid said "I will win 2 Olympics" I would just take it as a child's dream, just like "I want to be Superman" or "I want to be President" lol. But well, that's why some ppl are one-in-a-million and I am not :winky:

Btw "Since I'm not retiring yet, NOT YET"  is basically "Screw you ISU, I'm HERE, existing longer than your collapsing system" :9:"

I STRONGLY believe he wanted 5 back to back World Champion tittle along the way but its just me speculating (it was what i though when he said he couldn't made all his dreams and knowing how ambitious child yuzu is)

1 hour ago, ZuCritter said:

I've been thinking about reaching out to Max. Yesterday I watched an interview he gave after Saitama where he talked about the need for an "intervention" to fix the problems with the scoring system. At least "intervention" was the word that appeared in the English translation. He didn't elaborate on what he meant, but to me, the word intervention, if it's an accurate translation, suggests an action that originates outside the ISU. 

I'd like to ask him what he meant and what role fans could play in initiating such an intervention. Would a petition to the ISU, asking for an independent review of the scoring system, have any effect? If so, how should it be worded and delivered for maximum impact? Is it smart to argue that interest in the sport is lagging because the scoring is so incomprehensible that it looks arbitrary? What figures in or outside the skating world carry weight with the ISU, and how might we enlist them to the cause?

I imagine it would be pretty easy to get such a message to him -- privately, though, not through a public forum such as Twitter. What do you think of that idea, and how many might want to be co-signers? And would an Italian-speaking satellite volunteer to translate it? 

I had a similar idea to contact Max and show him our thoughts regarding a split judging panel. I would devide the judges into 4 expert teams for jumps, spins, sequences/SS/TR and IN/CO (or sth similar). But I think, one change is even more important: For all technical aspects ISU must use proper measurement tools to reduce judging errors. That is long overdue, we are in the 21st century already. I'm sure, Max would support this.

EDIT: Figure skating tries to legitimize himself as a sport by focusing on jumps that are the least subjective and easiest measurable elements. BUT. They don't measure them. Imagine high jumping without a bar, where judges decide by eyesight who cleared the biggest height. I'm sure there would be a lot of protest in athletics.

So it's absolutely reasonable to claim objective measurement tools in figure skating, too. We just have to present skating footage, where human judging failed, and precedents from other sports, where such tools brought positive changes. It would encourage skaters to learn proper technique and reward those, who mastered it already. ISU cannot say that there's not enough money for it. Not with those stellar ticket prices.

17 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

I think he mentioned a couple of times how PCS and TES were equal but the TES barriers were crushed with the more quad added and while you can get over 50 points on for example sp you can get 50 at max. He suggested to increase the PCS at a level equal to PCS. He might be meant that

Also:laughing:

I'm pretty sure this has already been posted somewhere on the planet but just in case.

So basically after Yuzu said "I'm not going to retire yet. Never!" then as his last comment, in here 「本当にきれいなの跳んでやるからな。見とけ、世界!」 "I'm going to jump the truly beautiful one. Watch it WORLD!"

That's our boy!! :volcano:

I've been exhausted over the weekend and am a bit too tired to say what I feel and think right now. But one thing I know is Yuzu is going to aim for something truly beautiful (performances/jumps) that knock everyone out including the judges. Shady scoring can happen when there's shadow or grey area. What Yuzu wants is a perfect performance and that hasn't changed since...forever. 

His skating spirit is very much like a wild beast that cannot be tamed. Fire and ice boy. Passionately pursued but calmly calculated. Perfect Hanyu cannot be beaten. That is still the case. 

1 час назад, monchan сказал:

The only thing I could explain with his case is everyone has their own fate, and some ppl just KNOW by instinct why they were born and live true to their fate with invincible faith that sometimes doesn't make sense to others.

I'd say fate + talent + desire to work very hard for it. I think last part is the hardest, as much as I admire Yuzu I can't imagine myself that much of a hardworking person. Sometimes if I'm into something/have some idea/project I can work day and night for it but usually it's not some long-term project, surely not all my life since kindergarten.

48 минут назад, Henni147 сказал:

I had a similar idea to contact Max and show him our thoughts regarding a split judging panel. I would devide the judges into 4 expert teams for jumps, spins, sequences/SS/TR and IN/CO (or sth similar). But I think, one change is even more important: For all technical aspects ISU must use proper measurement tools to reduce judging errors. That is long overdue, we are in the 21st century already. I've posted this suggestion somewhere in another thread, but I can't find it right now. I'm sure, Max would support this.

EDIT: Figure skating tries to legitimize himself as a sport by focusing on jumps that are the least subjective and easiest measurable elements. BUT. They don't measure them. Imagine high jumping without a bar, where judges decide by eyesight who cleared the biggest height. I'm sure there would be a lot of protest in athletics.

So it's absolutely reasonable to claim objective measurement tools in figure skating, too. We just have to present skating footage, where human judging failed, and precedents from other sports, where such tools brought positive changes. It would encourage skaters to learn proper technique and reward those, who mastered it already. ISU cannot say that there's not enough money for it. Not with those stellar ticket prices.

I believe some time ago there were already sayings about split TES and PCS panels but that would mean twice more judges. At least more quality cameras for edges and URs can be good first step, the problem is it will be harder for big feds to lobby skaters with not ideal technique. Some of the ISU members rather split FS into jump and artistic programs, I feel like politics live in their own vacuum.

21 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I'd say fate + talent + desire to work very hard for it. I think last part is the hardest, as much as I admire Yuzu I can't imagine myself that much pf a hardworking person. Sometimes if I'm into something/have some idea/project I can work day and night for it but usually it's not some long-term project, surely not all my life since kindergarten.

Yup, that's what I mean by "invincible faith others don't understand". You will work incredibly hard if your goal is BIG and you have an unshakable faith on it. Most of us just have ordinary dreams, thus no need to trade all our lives for it. But well, Yuzu BELIEVED he would be 2 time OGM with incredible faith so he did everything to realize it. Hard work is just an inevitable part of his way.

4 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Additional News clips.  Sorry, if already posted.  Many scenes may be overlapped.

Pretty mushroom Yuzu tells about his respects for Plushenko :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Every:

Mezamashi Seven:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf2-wb3_Quo

I don't want to be shallow but whenever watching his interview, while I know I need to focus on what he says but in general, I just get distracted by his gorgeous face and cute expression :embSwan: His pretty face is so distracting ahhhhhh :1: