General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

If this is in reaction to my earlier post re fans displaying a board with 6's on or +5 GOE can I just reiterate that that post was put up in jest and never meant to be taken seriously.  I think we have to be very careful re the marking system and agree with your sentiments above.  

I agree. As I just wrote in our Poohrino group, we must not let our discontent with the ISU and unfair judging get mixed up with our support and love for Yuzu.

We have to be sensible and careful about this. Otherwise, it might create a backlash for Yuzu. We have to consider what's best for him and how we can support him in the best way.

Let's continue to show our supportive banners, create Pooh thunderstorms and make goats fly. Let's scream and cheer every time he moves and breathes. Let's show him that we're always with him in a positive and joyful way. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

This might have been posted, but I just found the upper right picture looks like a thrilling scene from a movie :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Toru Yaguchi is a photographer of Sports Hochi.

Rough translation of the tweet:

"I'm uncool today, but I still want to win, so I practice more."

Straight and heavy words. I'm too afraid to say such words myself.  He spins out them with a laugh, in a natural and unposed way.  Yuzuru Hanyu is really cool.

47 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

You have to see it this way: NBC at least mentioned that Yuzuru has won the Autumn Classic.

On ISU's official Twitter account you can only find tweets about the Junior GPs now. NOTHING ELSE.

They retweeted Skate Canada, that all ACI practices will be streamed live and that's it. Not a single word about the medalists, the competition or anything. Lombardia Trophy 2019 is literally non-existing on @ISU_figure.

I unfollowed the ISU account today. They don't even dare to mention Yuzu anymore in fear of the shitstorm. To make it less obvious, they ereased senior skating completely from their tweets.

EDIT: I don't want to defend that nasty NBC article, though. The way they are downplaying Yuzu's recent performances is... well. No comment. My only question is: Has anyone even considered that with this extreme push they put totally unnecessary pressure on Nathan himself?

Maybe Nathan has, but NBC certainly hasn't. This is the way they write about all their sports. No wonder so many American athletes drop out at the height of their careers. It's effing irresponsible journalism, is what it is.

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

I agree. As I just wrote in our Poohrino group, we must not let our discontent with the ISU and unfair judging get mixed up with our support and love for Yuzu.

We have to be sensible and careful about this. Otherwise, it might create a backlash for Yuzu. We have to consider what's best for him and how we can support him in the best way.

Let's continue to show our supportive banners, create Pooh thunderstorms and make goats fly. Let's scream and cheer every time he moves and breathes. Let's show him that we're always with him in a positive and joyful way. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Yay I agree! We know we can’t go wrong with joy and love and support! ( I love how Yuzuru has dealt with this - quiet, calm, determined, and I thought he seemed to be having fun at the VC, and looked relaxed (though tired) in his interviews and still spoke about his future plans with optimism I thought). He doesn’t really need us to “protect” him from this issue around unfair scoring, he’s the powerful one with links and contacts in the skating world, not us, and he is much loved  by practically everyone including rivals and their coaches! It’s really upsetting when we feel things are unfairly set against him, but I saw Boyang fans complaining about his Lombardia scores too! I suppose we are all having to get used to this scoring system, and there is definitely a need to modernise scoring and work to consistency, and it does seem that judges need help on understanding PCS and need good training and oversight on this issue. So, yes, let’s carry on showing him our excitement, joy, support and love - he has told us he really needs and appreciates it.

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Maybe Nathan has, but NBC certainly hasn't. This is the way they write about all their sports. No wonder so many American athletes drop out at the height of their careers. It's effing irresponsible journalism, is what it is.

When I read it yesterday I wanted to complain on the related tweet from NBC. But I don't want to give them more publicity :/ On top of their downplay of Yuzu, I find the sheer disrespect shown to the rest of the lineup quite frankly disgusting. Whoever wrote that "article" cannot be a true lover of figure skating. 

7 minutes ago, Veveco said:

When I read it yesterday I wanted to complain on the related tweet from NBC. But I don't want to give them more publicity :/ On top of their downplay of Yuzu, I find the sheer disrespect shown to the rest of the lineup quite frankly disgusting. Whoever wrote that "article" cannot be a true lover of figure skating. 

Not only that, their comment of "no other top ten finishers from Worlds" betrays a massive lack of understanding of the men's field in figure skating right now. Keegan and Jun, as well as Kevin, are both fully capable of being top ten on any given day. 

The writer of that article didn't even have the grace to mention Camden's result, even though he was the only American actually in ACI and therefore the only one relevant to this article. 

As I said, horrible journalism and their editor should not have let this go online without heavy revision. 

...so I just tweeted at NBC not to ignore Camden. It's not that I'm a Camden fan, but when they're frothing at the mouth to attack Yuzu so anxiously that they skip mentioning their own athlete, there's something wrong. could do a better job than that, and I'm nothing but a STEM geek and not a journalist at all. 

And it's so unfair to Camden, who really had a great performance for his first time out in Seniors. 

18 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Not only that, their comment of "no other top ten finishers from Worlds" betrays a massive lack of understanding of the men's field in figure skating right now. Keegan and Jun, as well as Kevin, are both fully capable of being top ten on any given day. 

The writer of that article didn't even have the grace to mention Camden's result, even though he was the only American actually in ACI and therefore the only one relevant to this article. 

As I said, horrible journalism and their editor should not have let this go online without heavy revision. 

Exactly my thoughts. No mention of Camden (with a new quad!). Jun medaled at GPF! Keegan qualified for GPF too! Kevin is one the top Europeans! To relegate all of them as "below top 10 at worlds" is so ignorant. I'm sure their memory wouldn't be so selective if not for who is headlining the event.

1 minute ago, Veveco said:

Exactly my thoughts. No mention of Camden (with a new quad!). Jun medaled at GPF! Keegan qualified for GPF too! Kevin is one the top Europeans! To relegate all of them as "below top 10 at worlds" is so ignorant. I'm sure their memory wouldn't be so selective if not for the who is headlining the event.

I can forgive the ignorance about the rest of the guys, but to leave their country's actual results out of the article...! It makes the accusations about 'fake news' look factual.

Q: Is the layout with 5 quads to win against Nathan Chen?

Y: “Rather than that, I have a feeling that I am constantly thinking how to challenge myself to the highest degree with the layout.”

Ladies, I cannot tell you how much I admire and adore this man! :worship:

Every time there's an obstacle in his way, not only does he overcome it. He overcomes it in the most graceful, elegant, polite and smartest way imaginable.

So many media outlets are talking about is this so-called "rivalry" between Yuzu and Nathan. It's like they can't mention Yuzu without mentioning Nathan. In certain countries, the media portray Nathan as the one to beat and Yuzu as a has-been. This kind of biased reporting makes lots of fans roll their eyes, to put it mildly.

I can't even imagine how annoying it must be for Yuzu to be asked about Nathan and to be compared to Nathan all the time. But instead of letting himself be goaded and provoked, he graciously answers a reporter's question in this way.

Yuzu focuses on himself and his goals. That's exactly what he should do. I'm certain that's he's very well aware of what Nathan's up to and what the media are saying about him and their "rivalry". But that doesn't mean that he's now somehow fallen behind and has to set "chasing" Nathan as his goal. And that's a great way of letting the media know this. :hachimaki:

Oh, and regarding the 4A... I have a feeling that it's getting really close. I think we should see it during this season already. Pray for our sanity, vocal cords and hair! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: :13877886:

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

Other skaters know he is the God of FS even if the judges and American media don’t!! 

Even the American skaters know it. Vincent looked dazed to be on the podium with Yuzu and Nathan at WC 19, and Nathan spent half the interview gushing about Yuzu. It's a shame that media and judges are trying to erase all signs of the respect and appreciation they have for one another. One of the things I love about Yuzu is that he really brought class to all his rivalries, even being capable of cultivating a close friendship with his biggest rival (Javi, obs). He is a perfect example of sportsmanship all the time and he's set a new standard for how athletes (at least in this sport) interact with one another and act in general. I think Nathan has followed his lead in that regard. I feel that any reporting that mentions their rivalry without mentioning their respect for one another does a disservice to the sport and that it undermines the character of both athletes too. They both have the attitude you'd want your kids to have if they're involved in sports but a lot of what's going on right now with the reporting and judging is making it seem like neither are the wonderful role models they actually are. It's not a bitter rivalry. They aren't out for each other's blood. They don't hate each other. Neither of them are terrible people despite being great athletes. I get that there's some sort of narrative about Nathan being the rising star and Hanyu being on the way out being pushed at the moment but if they don't tone it down they're going to end up bringing Nathan down with Hanyu by making him seem like the kind of athlete who is utterly lacking in sportsmanship. 

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

He doesn’t really need us to “protect” him from this issue around unfair scoring, he’s the powerful one with links and contacts in the skating world, not us, and he is much loved  by practically everyone including rivals and their coaches!

I can imagine that ISU, USFSA and all the anti-propaganda journalists are furious and panicking at the same time. Yuzuru Hanyu takes the titles, records and firsts, he fills the arenas, he brings in the big cash, the juniors turn competitions into Hanyu tribute festivals (even the Russian and American youngsters), current and former top skaters praise him as the GOAT or call him even the God of figure skating. He is the no. 1 clickbait everywhere and now he even dares to deal with ISU's main sponsor. 'We must stop him.'

Reactions: Boost [edit] chosen skaters with massive scores, create new narratives, discredit Yuzuru Hanyu in official news and articles and devaluate his skating with all tricks and crimes possible. I can only pray that they won't go even further, if Yuzu skates a strong season and decides to go for the Olympic triple. When it comes to big money, people lose all their scruples and sanity.