General Yuzuru Chat

I'm for going back to the old marking system.  Fans should all turn up with boards with number 6 written on them.  When he finishes unanimously show our boards in complete silence for two minutes then usual uplifting shouts, screams, congratulations and Pooh throwing.  If they cannot score appropriately then the audience does. 

Just joking but it'd sure show how we feel. 

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I think, the ISU has summoned the fury of the Olymp now.

Zeus is sharpening his thunderbolt.

Poseidon is stirring up the shitstorm waves.

Ares is saddling the warhorses.

The Quad Axel is pulsing in Pandora's Box.

Hermes can't wait to deliver the Trojan Horse to ISU headquarters.

Hades and Cerberus are awaiting the judges in the underworld already.

Yes, I think Origin will unleash its true mythological power next time and destroy the system.

And from the Valhalla Thor is ready with his hammer......Shall I see myself out?:happy0007:

I don't know what will happen but surely scores at Skate America will be ridicolous as usual  ,on one side I'm very worried about those phantom calls (like how can you fight against it)on the other side if there is a peron who can overcome this ,that person is Yuzuru for sure!

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Well, skate canada is in a little over a month. If people want to do this we need to put in an order soon. Like what country flags etc. I think I can find some place to print it for very cheap, like a dollar or two per banner (let's hope...sorry ACI guinea pigs).

Maybe I should tweet about it?

That'd be awesome <3 

Just for the fun of it, I've came up with a few designs too lol. But I'd imagine this would be much more expensive.... 

Perhaps we can release the soft copy designs so everyone can print from their home country if necessary? Although it'll probably be a logistical nightmare... Maybe centralised order collection for simpler designs will be better 

Here's the soft copy for my design (psd) https://mega.nz/#!zqR02KhJ!c7QIrF3gXARV7-H2Fr9r4wc8pjSKEe85mDoHdqJUWOw 

605bsn

yzq9i4

I know we think showering Yuzu with love and support is the best way to stand by him, but as spectators of the sport I think we are entitled to express our opinion re: it's governing body. Idk if everyone will agree with this approach, but I think what the tweet suggest is a reasonable path to take should you be comfortable. We know ISU does not have an (working) accountability system for judges' decision, but if many people complain, at worst it ought to give them a bit of shiver (there are plenty of evidence online for the competition judging). Also I have never done anything like this so if this step out of line, admin please let me know.

2 hours ago, Salior said:

That'd be awesome <3 

Just for the fun of it, I've came up with a few designs too lol. But I'd imagine this would be much more expensive.... 

Perhaps we can release the soft copy designs so everyone can print from their home country if necessary? Although it'll probably be a logistical nightmare... Maybe centralised order collection for simpler designs will be better 

Here's the soft copy for my design (psd) https://mega.nz/#!zqR02KhJ!c7QIrF3gXARV7-H2Fr9r4wc8pjSKEe85mDoHdqJUWOw 

605bsn

yzq9i4

On a side note (waist pun intended)  the aubergine costume sure shows of his lovely figure better than blue and white one. 

OK, like many I woke up still very salty this morning. I'm also thinking that maybe we ought to shift the focus of our flag campaign to make it aimed at the ISU rather than at Yuzu. I mean, surely he knows that he's adored all over the world. I think we can have more impact and get more press attention (and I'm speaking as a retired journalist, here) by targeting the ISU. 

So, instead of "We love you, Yuzu," I'm thinking of a message like #YuzuIsGlobal or #HanyuNation along with each of our various flags. I'm also thinking that, in addition to making signs for ourselves, we could print a bunch of extra signs with the images of every country's flag that might plausibly have fans at the various competitions. Then we could hand them out to anyone who wanted one and agreed to hold it up during the competition. That way we could enlist folks who aren't on the Planet to spread the message. I'm willing to help underwrite such a campaign if satellites like the idea and if costs can be kept reasonable. 

ETA: One advantage for us is that Yuzu is skating two more times this season in Canada. Imagine a whole bunch of #HanyuNation signs with the American flag. Woo-hoo! (No offense to Nathan, BTW. I really like him as a human being and will cheer for him to have good skates. He's just not Yuzu.)

6 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

So, instead of "We love you, Yuzu," I'm thinking of a message like #YuzuIsGlobal or #HanyuNation along with each of our various flags. I'm also thinking that, in addition to making signs for ourselves, we could print a bunch of extra signs with the images of every country's flag that might plausibly have fans at the various competitions. Then we could hand them out to anyone who wanted one and agreed to hold it up during the competition. That way we could enlist folks who aren't on the Planet to spread the message. I'm willing to help underwrite such a campaign if satellites like the idea and if costs can be kept reasonable. 

1. The bolded is a great idea. Actually the yellow signs at ACI were handed out by some Chinese fans who printed thousands of them and handed them out to everyone. I don't really know what material they're made of but it would be cool if we could make something similar to keep costs down. I still haven't figured out what to search for though. 

2. I think something clear like We Love Yuzu is as powerful as #YuzuisGlobal or #HanyuNation, maybe even more so, because it packs a punch and is more clear and easy to read.

2 hours ago, Salior said:

That'd be awesome <3 

605bsn

yzq9i4

I like this but I think we should keep it simple and easy to read. The camera doesn't linger much on any one banner in the crowd. That's why I tried to make it as simple as possible with block font and no images. Replacing the heart with the country could work tho.

P.S. Let's create a thread.

Join the "We <3 Yuzu from ______" banner discussion here! 

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

If you would like to participate, please fill out this form with your country and what event you'll be at!

--

Hi all, let's discuss our banner idea here. 

I sourced around Alibaba and a seller gave me a price of $0.91 USD per banner for unlimited designs. 2' x 1' hand-held digitally printed banners on polyester.

Example provided by seller:

Reveal hidden contents

wuPChf3.jpg

I think that is quite affordable and we can print flags for people who want them on Twitter etc. My only concern is the waste. It seems wasteful to print hundreds of polyester flags; I'm going to ask if they have cotton options but it's probably more expensive.

Here are the designs I already made for ACI. It takes about a minute of finding high res photos and adjusting to add in another flag.

Reveal hidden contents

SUJb6Kc.jpg

5E4naM6.jpg

ixb8lwY.jpg

hXVdDaz.jpg

SiKu156.jpg

10Jz2jh.jpg

PJbqZuV.jpg

13w8CuC.jpg

E7FdleG.jpg

bSYh2si.jpg

uQbCdHe.jpg

I'm happy to take design suggestions too or for people to post their own designs, but I do think we should go with:

1. Easy to read block lettering
  2. BIG font
  3. No/few images to keep things easy to read and also cheaper to print and also keep it a design that as many people as possible will want to carry. Something fancy may not appeal to everyone.

I think maybe adding the actual country name is next could be a good idea as well. BUT the more text we have the smaller our font will need to be or the more bigger the banner.

Anyone can print their own banners with these images (but afaik for ACI no one did). 

some other random tests I've made 

18 minutes ago, Salior said:

I guess one way we can test it is to zoom it very far out and see how they look (i haven't changed the top 2 yet) 

fm934v.png

eh now that I look at this black block letters could work, especially if the heart has the flag.

Just make the heart outglow thicker I guess, the original seem a bit thin. I use 50-100px for my psd. 

If you want to make banners to address the ISU issues, I believe you should make banners just about the ISU and leave Yuzu out of it as much as possible. Because once you mention Yuzu people will just say you're a bitter fan. The ISU issues go beyond just Yuzu and I think a banner campaign that is more general is more likely to have some impact. Stuff like "PCS is NOT TES" or "Skating fans against pre-rotation" or maybe a simple graphic of "This is UR. This is NOT UR." and so on.

IMO, that's a completely different thing from the "We ❤️ Yuzu" campaign. (Btw, thank you, @yuzuangel again, for the banners! I waved it during the 6 min warmups :knc_yuzu2:)

29 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

If you want to make banners to address the ISU issues, I believe you should make banners just about the ISU and leave Yuzu out of it as much as possible. Because once you mention Yuzu people will just say you're a bitter fan. The ISU issues go beyond just Yuzu and I think a banner campaign that is more general is more likely to have some impact. Stuff like "PCS is NOT TES" or "Skating fans against pre-rotation" or maybe a simple graphic of "This is UR. This is NOT UR." and so on.

IMO, that's a completely different thing from the "We ❤️ Yuzu" campaign. (Btw, thank you, @yuzuangel again, for the banners! I waved it during the 6 min warmups :knc_yuzu2:)

Very true. We don't want to add to the narrative about Yuzu's crazy fans.

The issues with judging go beyond bias and get to the very nature of the scoring system (too complex; confusing; unbalanced between TES and PCS, etc.) Many commentators have noted the problems. 

Maybe we we can help launch a campaign to get the ISU to appoint an independent panel of people who know and love the sport but aren't "in the system" to review the whole thing and recommend either an overhaul or a whole new system. I would think folks like Max would get behind that kind of effort.