General Yuzuru Chat

Hi and welcome back!

Yuzu’s doing Skate Canada and NHK this season.

According to his team, his ankle is fine (but they always say that and I don’t trust them.)

Yuzu jumped 4T (which was NOT underrotated), 4S, and 4Lo today and is considering adding 4Lz into the program as well. Yuzu says he has landed some very nice 4A in harness and according to Ghislain he did a 5T where the harness guy “didn’t do anything” so there may be some veeeeeery interesting jumps coming. 

As for combining the Japanese flag with another, I think it’s best to not. Something about it seems disrespectful and especially given how much respect Yuzu has for the Japanese flag, I very much doubt he would be impressed. I don’t think he would even like side-by-side very much (especially if the Japanese flag is lower).

3 minutes ago, river said:

Hi and welcome back!

Yuzu’s doing Skate Canada and NHK this season.

According to his team, his ankle is fine (but they always say that and I don’t trust them.)

Yuzu jumped 4T (which was NOT underrotated), 4S, and 4Lo today and is considering adding 4Lz into the program as well. Yuzu says he has landed some very nice 4A in harness and according to Ghislain he did a 5T where the harness guy “didn’t do anything” so there may be some veeeeeery interesting jumps coming. 

Awesome! 

Oooooo, nice to see him having Skate Canada again. It's been a while. Hmmphhh, his ankle will legit give stress migraines until the end of my days i guess '-' Never truly knowing... It kills, ah... Oh wow, the 4A and 5T developments are exciting and nervewracking at the same time! 

Thank you for entertaining my tiny questions, i very much appreciate it :nod2:

Yuzu, his love and respect for the Japanese flag is so patriotic.

Gotta give Keegan credit for understanding and showing the same courtesy.

JSF what are you doing to support your warriors on the frontline?

And no this not just about Yuzu, what about Shoma (he is in deep reflecting mode and my heart hurts for him too) , Rika (underscored too at times) and Wakaba (who is struggling to get back)

we should totally organize a “fans shoot competition jumps in 240fps in order to reality check tech panels” system. many phone cameras can now shoot in 240fps. if someone who is sitting near the jumps shoots 240fps video, at least we'll have definitive proof that bogus tech panel calls are bogus. for instance (this is practice, but imagine if it was in competition)

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Hey, check out what we did for ACI :) A lot of people didn't show up for the photo, but we printed and handed out 10 distinct flags. If you look closely at crowd photos you may be able to see, but it was a small effort because we kept it to PH for the time being. Would love to do this for Skate Canada etc. too to show the love Yuzu has all over the world.

YES!!!! This is perfection! Thanks for organising this :D Hope to see this at larger competitions too! 

Definitely, definitely frustrating result esp the PCS. I trust Yuzu to tweak his program to the max gradually. I am convinced he will not scrap it now, because he knows that Origin has it, Origin has been scored better PCS. So he will be frustrated but also curious of why? And as per his usual attitude, he will stubbornly go on.

Btw, Yuzuru is the best in trash talking himself..

Not surprised he is thinking about competing until Beijing! He was quiet about for some time, but now we have 3 seasons left so it was about time he revealed little more info.

Whether he competes or not is probably more up to his health than his motivation.

As long as he is fired up to master all quads, I would say his motivation will be strong as ever.

What I am worried about is his health, and whether his ankles can hold such pressure. 

As for the new costumes, I love his previous season costumes better, because I think they fit the image of the song more. I'm looking forward to a new Gala song at the very least for this season. 

4 hours ago, Dreamer said:

I think it is best not to mix national flags. Some Chinese elders would voice upset if their younger counterparts started waving Japanese flags. I am Chinese and out of respect for their past experiences... I will never wave a Japanese flag,, nor a hybrid.  This is also why many Chinese people around the world are perturbed when young Hong kongers wave the US and Union Jack as their flags' but that is another can of worms 

4 hours ago, river said:

As for combining the Japanese flag with another, I think it’s best to not. Something about it seems disrespectful and especially given how much respect Yuzu has for the Japanese flag, I very much doubt he would be impressed. I don’t think he would even like side-by-side very much (especially if the Japanese flag is lower).

I thought so. You are right. It is best not to do that, even "just in case". I wouldn't want to offend anyone. We want to show our support for Yuzu, not to start international war. :agree:

6 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Hey, check out what we did for ACI :) A lot of people didn't show up for the photo, but we printed and handed out 10 distinct flags. If you look closely at crowd photos you may be able to see, but it was a small effort because we kept it to PH for the time being. Would love to do this for Skate Canada etc. too to show the love Yuzu has all over the world.

This is amazing! I totaly want to use this. And the more people have these, the more visible it would be. :7938863: 

Hello guys... very long time no see. I now have resurfaced for the new 2019/2020 season, along with the start of new academic year in here that I have to manage (excuse me work is a stressful bish). May not post here that often like always.. but I feel like I need to say hi to everyone.

Amidst the hoo haa that's the questionable scoring that is ACI2019.. I, in my warm headed mind fume over if they cannot, or dont want to reward such polished skating, turn a blind eye at it because he's Yuzu, then it's like giving him reason to just say fck it or don't bother anymore.. but since it IS Yuzu that we know, he would just be frustrated, and get fired up to UP his content even more and practice harder. I really really hope that he will be rewarded fairly, but we can only hope right..

If anything, the sport does not deserve such athlete like him he's too good for it and if he's in any other sport, they'd go over the highest mountain for him. :dancingpooh:

Anyway.. I look forward to the upgrade he'll bring and I know it'll blow me away.

Congrats for his first pancake! Even if he considers it a lacking outing.. I'd call this a solid start. Here's to a more flourished, injury free, rewarding season!! :nod2:

p.s. I have to say his scrunchy face staring at the scores both days is adorable!!

oh man this has to top the page too..

6 hours ago, Salior said:

YES!!!! This is perfection! Thanks for organising this :D Hope to see this at larger competitions too! 

Well, skate canada is in a little over a month. If people want to do this we need to put in an order soon. Like what country flags etc. I think I can find some place to print it for very cheap, like a dollar or two per banner (let's hope...sorry ACI guinea pigs).

Maybe I should tweet about it?

I think, the ISU has summoned the fury of the Olymp now.

Zeus is sharpening his thunderbolt.

Poseidon is stirring up the shitstorm waves.

Ares is saddling the warhorses.

The Quad Axel is pulsing in Pandora's Box.

Hermes can't wait to deliver the Trojan Horse to ISU headquarters.

Hades and Cerberus are awaiting the judges in the underworld already.

Yes, I think Origin will unleash its true mythological power next time and destroy the system.

33 минуты назад, Henni147 сказал:

I think, the ISU has summoned the fury of the Olymp now.

Zeus is sharpening his thunderbolt.

Poseidon is stirring up the shitstorm waves.

Ares is saddling the warhorses.

The Quad Axel is pulsing in Pandora's Box.

Hermes can't wait to deliver the Trojan Horse to ISU headquarters.

Hades and Cerberus are awaiting the judges in the underworld already.

Yes, I think Origin will unleash its true mythological power next time and destroy the system.

Don't forget Aphrodite. She is always there to shower Yuzu in our love and to help charming new fans. 

Athena will help to keep everything calculated. 

The only fear I have now is that ACI bullshit scoring might get a repeat with Skate Canada. SC has always been very hard on Yuzuru. I wonder if the US Fed will put so much commitment there as well to form a team counter-Yuzu. Or maybe they just wanted to use ACI to break his spirit at the beginning of the season. In any case, we'll just follow Yuzuru as usual and be by his side. 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

The only fear I have now is that ACI bullshit scoring might get a repeat with Skate Canada. SC has always been very hard on Yuzuru. I wonder if the US Fed will put so much commitment there as well to form a team counter-Yuzu. Or maybe they just wanted to use ACI to break his spirit at the beginning of the season. In any case, we'll just follow Yuzuru as usual and be by his side. 

I still don’t know what happened with the scoring at ACI it was just bullshit ! I will support him as long as he decides to keep going,he deserves all the support that he can get !

I guess that he’ll be so fired up at SC next month and that he’ll deliver one Heck of a program that the judges have to score him the way he deserves it !