General Yuzuru Chat

36 minutes ago, liv said:

I love the Origin costume too...my imagination tells me how it could improve, but he tends to More bling, not less. I"m not into Otonal v.2.0 yet....

As for repeating his programs... well, I though Otonal was pretty much delivered perfectly in Russia, but I guess he didn't perform it perfectly at World's so that bothers him..

I hope this doesn't backfire on him. Showing these programs to perfection as a tribute to his idols means a lot of extra pressure and a lot more regret when he can't do it. What if he still can't do them as he wishes? A 3rd try?

But really, he's re-worked it a ton. It's not the same program exactly, so we'll see where it goes from here.

8 hours ago, Salior said:

Tbh for the next Yuzu competition, we should show our own country's flags too just so those announcers can stop talking about everyone being "Japanese" fans. Seems like they'll never get it unless we show on TV that Asians are not all Japanese. 

I know, right? Unless they mean the term in the sense of 'fans of Japanese things' , instead of 'fans that are Japanese' , it's so wrong to use right now. I've heard more Chinese in the last two days...! 

1 hour ago, liv said:

I love the Origin costume too...my imagination tells me how it could improve, but he tends to More bling, not less. I"m not into Otonal v.2.0 yet....

As for repeating his programs... well, I though Otonal was pretty much delivered perfectly in Russia, but I guess he didn't perform it perfectly at World's so that bothers him..

I hope this doesn't backfire on him. Showing these programs to perfection as a tribute to his idols means a lot of extra pressure and a lot more regret when he can't do it. What if he still can't do them as he wishes? A 3rd try?

Imo, I like Otonal 2.0 better already. It is more fluid.. less empty feelling choreography. And based on exp., Yuzu' recycled program never backfire.

1 minute ago, andchipzz said:

Imo, I like Otonal 2.0 better already. It is more fluid.. less empty feelling choreography. And based on exp., Yuzu' recycled program never backfire.

Agree! The moment I saw Otonal 2.0 I thought "holy hell this guy reworked his choreo to the max". It feels so much more fluid and ethereal, something I didn't get in the first Otonal, and it's only the first competition 

12 minutes ago, Salior said:

btw I'm a little confused about the low base value of his SP layout here. No 4Lo? Only 1 jumping pass in the 2nd half? I've recalculated his scores (conservatively) if he didn't splat, and it only reached 109. Surely he'd need more leeway in the future competitions? 

You’re limited to one jumping pass for the second half bonus. (Although last year at ACI he didn’t have any jumps in the second half).

As for 4Lo vs. 4S, the penalty for missing the solo triple or quad is so harsh in the short (pop and you get nothing) that he may just feel that he’s safer leaving it as is, if he thinks 4S is a more stable jump.

27 minutes ago, Salior said:

btw I'm a little confused about the low base value of his SP layout here. No 4Lo? Only 1 jumping pass in the 2nd half? I've recalculated his scores (conservatively) if he didn't splat, and it only reached 109. Surely he'd need more leeway in the future competitions? 

It's early season and Skate Canada is six weeks away. My guess is he plans to tinker with it if needed..

:offtopic2: but I've found footage of Javi discussing nessie in March 2019! (this entire interview is hilarious)

*15:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plRIGIZgiG4 they were talking about the evolution of triples and quads*

Interviewer: Is anyone trying quintuples now?

Javi: Not yet. They're actually playing with the quadruple axel, which hasn't been performed before.

I: No one has done it before? So who's coming close to doing it? Tell us so we can invite him to our show

Javi: *smirks and shrugs* I don't know

his expression was funny lol we know whom he had in mind

8 hours ago, Salior said:

Well, for a textbook 4S Yuzu would have received something around 14 points (he got exactly 14.00 at COR) instead of 3.88. Cancel the -1 deduction and add another 2-3 points to his PCS and you end up with a total score of 111-112. That's totally fine.

EDIT: With the new rules you only get the bonus for one jump element in the SP. Yuzu already maxed out the 10% bonus with the combo in the second half (which is quite risky btw).

In my opinion it doesn't make any sense to replace the 4S by a 4Lo, because the BV difference is only 0.8 points and it's much harder to get good GOE for the Loop. A Lutz might be worth a thought, but even that would give him only 1-2 points in addition (with textbook execution). If he can fix the competition blockade with the 4S, I would keep it.

EDIT: As I mentioned in the fluff thread: I pray that people stop devaluating Yuzu's program with inaccurate, low scores.

A program with visibly better jumps and choreo than COR cannot score lower than 110. Period.

This can only happen, if people encourage the judges to do so by offering them wrong calculations. Sorry, but I'm really angry with Sponichi and all the other people, who talk about scores in the 106 and that it's not enough to beat Nathan. I would like to use all of these dudes as a punching ball right now. :smiley-sport014:

17 hours ago, Salior said:

Tbh for the next Yuzu competition, we should show our own country's flags too just so those announcers can stop talking about everyone being "Japanese" fans. Seems like they'll never get it unless we show on TV that Asians are not all Japanese. 

15 hours ago, nagini said:

That’s a good idea. Though i think they still won’t get it if we don’t have signs with Yuzu’s name next to them. Hopefully they’ll get it by the pooh in our laps but never know. 

Someone actually suggested a Japanese flag with our country flag pasted instead of the red centre. Plus the "We love Yuzuru from around the world" printed on that. I am really sorry, I don't remember who that was but it was discussed in Torino thread I think. I love this idea. Would it be rude to mess with Japanese flag this way?