General Yuzuru Chat

21 minutes ago, Sam Allen said:

Okay, unpopular opinion here, but maybe Japanese skaters need to step up their game in the costume's department (and yes, I mean Yuzu too)

I actually like Yuzu’s costumes. Origin, i’d Love to have a dress like that! 

I’d be interested in how you see that he can step up with the costumes. Ideas are ideas. Everyone has different taste and it’s ok. 

9 minutes ago, nagini said:

I’d be interested in how you see that he can step up with the costumes. Ideas are ideas. Everyone has different taste and it’s ok. 

do like most of his costumes - Seimei 2.0 blew me away and NS in my opinion is the best costume that was worn by a man.

But as for Otonal, I had to talk myself into liking it last year and I'm glad I like the new version a little bit better. However, with a body like Yuzuru, this one is almost... underwhelming for me (it did his waist unjustice, and I'm not okay with that:sadPooh:!). 

But yeah, everyone has different taste, and I'm admittedly clueless when it comes to fashion, it's just that I saw so many costumes I like this season and wish to see something like that on skaters I like.

43 minutes ago, Sam Allen said:

do like most of his costumes - Seimei 2.0 blew me away and NS in my opinion is the best costume that was worn by a man.

But as for Otonal, I had to talk myself into liking it last year and I'm glad I like the new version a little bit better. However, with a body like Yuzuru, this one is almost... underwhelming for me (it did his waist unjustice, and I'm not okay with that:sadPooh:!). 

But yeah, everyone has different taste, and I'm admittedly clueless when it comes to fashion, it's just that I saw so many costumes I like this season and wish to see something like that on skaters I like.

I prefer Otoñal last year costume too.... Seimei 2.0  suites everything, the music, the coreography, Yuzu's culture... It was just perfect, probably unbeatable. 

23 minutes ago, Muralla17 said:

By the way, 

Why weren't Poohs on the ice after Yuzu performance? Many of them observed his SP from the fence, but they are still there 🙃🙃

I read on twitter that it was not allowed to throw gifts on the ice here at ACI. 

Exactly as @river said that there were no sweepers.

4 hours ago, nagini said:

I'm biased, but I cannot honestly see how he can improve on the Origin costume.  If somehow he does, I will probably die....

I love the Origin costume too...my imagination tells me how it could improve, but he tends to More bling, not less. I"m not into Otonal v.2.0 yet....

As for repeating his programs... well, I though Otonal was pretty much delivered perfectly in Russia, but I guess he didn't perform it perfectly at World's so that bothers him..

I hope this doesn't backfire on him. Showing these programs to perfection as a tribute to his idols means a lot of extra pressure and a lot more regret when he can't do it. What if he still can't do them as he wishes? A 3rd try?

It seems his 3A has become more and more perfect. Highest mean raw GOE of all jumping pass. So more than about tribute, it seems he wants to inprove his technique without having to memorize new choreo new timing etc.

Btw, at this moment, Otonal 1.0 costume appeal to me more. But I ask my families and they prefer the Otonal 2.0 costume because it is more masculine.