General Yuzuru Chat

24 minutes ago, Amura365 said:

Honestly I don't know how to feel about him recycling last years programs. I liked both his SP and FS but I feel like the long was more justified in repeating than the SP. Otanal already has that world record score plus many of his naysayers as well as well as some of his fans would rather see him do new programs as we don't know how much longer he'll be skating.  I also don't think it will do him any favors when it comes to the judges scrutiny of him. With everyone else seemly having new programs but him.   I also understand that with his injuries last season he did not get to skate the programs like he wanted to especially the FS. The only way he can made Otanal better since it's already a world record program is with upgraded tech content. Which worries me.  Over all I'm a bit disappointed I was hoping for at least one new program.

Since when Yuzuru pay attention to his naysayers ? As if he's bother by people who mock his style and costume and those who wrote him off the competetions for years.  How long he would be skate is for him to decide, fan's expectations should never play any part in his decisions. New or old programs, he will always be judged in a different standard.

I understand why some people hope for new programs. I love it too, but I love to see Yuzuru on the ice enough to accept anything he skate to. 

tbh Yuzu repeated/recycled his 2nd OGM winning performances. I have no issues of him doing both SP and FP again.

imo he wanted to show us something with these two pieces. He wants to win everything with it so I will support him on this choice.

I am very much eager to see what he did to develop both programmes more.

And how are we too sure that the music cut is the same? He could have altered it, it might be the same song title but not the same music.

Well probably not major music makeover but I believe he tweaked parts here and there and putting it all together its as good as a new programme.

I'm really glad to see Origin back... I expected it 100%, Yuzu is not the type to give up on a program until it's been skated to its full potential. Wish he had this same energy for LGC though... as a LGC stan I had a tiny bit of hope to see it again- to me it's the best choreographed & most difficult SP ever so it is the one that deserves to hold the WR.

I love Otoñal but it'll be very hard to surpass the wonderful performances of it that he's done already (I believe Yuzu could do it though).

I think recycling both programs is a brilliant idea. 

Probably judges haven't seen these two programs enough to correctly judge them, and probably Yuzuru understood this as well. Judges are harsh with him, always have been. It's like his PCS have a cap that somehow he cannot go over 96 in PCS (except H&L 2017). This is not fair, also because people who work a lot less in interpretation, program, skating skills, flow, atmosphere, emotions, receive more or less the same scores by now. 

So repeating these programs is like Yuzuru telling the judges "Watch closely, this time". 

And watch closely they will, because the best hasn't come yet. 

I can repeat it again and again. I'm very happy about the ♻️, because:

• Thinking of PW 2.0, Chopin 2.0 & 3.0, Seimei 2.0 and Notte 2.0... the second and third round was really special in all 5 cases. O&O 2.0 will be breathtaking, too, for sure.
  • I love love love Otonal and I want to love it even more. This program deserves much more credit. #JusticeForOtonal
  • The truth is: Yuzu as one of really few skaters with a) recycled programs and b) no vocals but more classical pieces completely strikes out again. Otonal and Origin will be a very welcome change for our ears after a series of modern music pieces with terrible cuts, I tell you.

#Funfact: Yuzu has set 9 world records in the SP so far. It would be really fitting to do #10 in his 10th senior season and with Otonal I'm confident that he can do it. It would be an incredible achievement.

I totally expected Yuzu to recycle his programs from last season. He only got to perform them on a big stage too few times and there's great potential in both Otonal and Origin. I'm confident that he'll turn them into absolute masterpieces this season. I have a feeling that he'll rewrite skating history yet again.

Besides, I think Yuzu recycling his programs is also a good sign that he intends to continue competing. I don't think he'd use two tribute programs for the last season of his career. 

I'm just happy that I get to see Yuzu create art and magic and the ice for one more season. It's such a privilege to watch him, cheer him on, support him and accompany him on his journey as a fan. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

getting that Origin leak a month ago was helpful to take away some of the heat of the reactions one might even think it was intentional :P LMAO 

in hindsight he gave us plenty of hints here and there (starting by his interviews and no media day planned)

just following my own thoughts and nothing I havent' already said (probably verbatim), or that in general hasn't already been said multiple times, but since my fingers kinda typed the whole thing, leaving under spoiler LOL

Spoiler

I understand wanting more new programs I want them too, I want more rock (and tango, yes, I want it) but clearly Yuzuru has his ideas (ad ideals) and he's sticking to them.

Yuzu doesn't conceive programs as disposable items to change every season as if there was some expiry date. True, it's costume to change programs, or at least the music of a program, in the hope of pleasing the audience and the judges (and it also looks like changing music is all it takes to get a rep for versatility). Yeah, some skaters really feel they have given their everything to a program, but to be very blunt, I am not sure that's true for most skaters. I am not sure that for most skaters a program is more than a mean to an end, I am not sure that the reason why they get new programs is to dig deep inside themselves and bring out something different (something more than just superficial packaging). Some really candidly said they would grow bored of a piece, and I find it very relatable, tbh. Much more relatable than keep working on the very same piece and "obsessing" over it again and again and again... I would probalby come to hate even my most fave song if I had to listen to it several times a day everyday for a whole year...

Now, I don't want to say changing program every year is bad, not at all and I am always looking forward to new things. it's always exciting when there are "new" things to see. But the reason for changing programs (or for not changing them) to me it's worth some thought.

For Yuzu, there is design and planning and thought behind his choice.

If he doesn't feel he has achieved what he wanted with them, he goes back and keep working on them. Yes, from the outside it might look unnecessary, unimaginative or even boring (or lazy) but that's actually not? Because it's the depth of the committment that actually pushes him to do so, so that's something that's worth loads of respect from me.

I'm not even sure how much upgrading tech has influenced his choice. A bit, yes, but also, I don't think it was the most important reason. I think what he wants to say with a program counts more than the scores he wants to get.

For Origin, for example, he created that program with the tech upgrade in mind so he's literally trying to get back to how it was supposed to be.

as for Otonal, clearly having a clean skate or a wr doesn't factor in what Yuzuru thinks is "perfection" and, as I have already said, on this one I agree with him (I would have not with Ballade when he brought it back for Oly season, and even then he proved me he knew better)

One might feel his approach to a program is a bit obsessive, but well, that kind of "obsession" made Yuzu who he is. It's that kind of "obsession" that gave us those very programs that touched us.

I would go as far as guessing that that kind of "obsession" is part of what make the artists who get to work with him so enthralled with him (and maybe, to them, that attitude is relatable)

When it comes to Yuzu, keeping a program is the very opposite of being complacent. And this season especially, with so many skaters going for edgy&modern, the choice of keeping Origin and Otonal (despite what everyone else might think or say) really stands out as utterly nonconformist.

Even brave, if we think about how his choices are judged and sometimes even scoffed at....

14 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I'm just happy that I get to see Yuzu create art and magic and the ice for one more season. It's such a privilege to watch him, cheer him on, support him and accompany him on his journey as a fan. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

This is true.  Given everything he has done in his career, everything he now chooses to give the world is a gift.

And it occurs to me, the fact that Seimei and Chopin were repeated and therefore skated more often doesn't change my fresh and new enjoyment of each separate performance (I mean, how many videos do I have - and regularly watch - of each?)

3 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Question: Isn't this season considered Hanyu's 10th season as a senior? He literally hasn't taken a break either so it's amazing.

In my opinion no, last season he was 23 years old, so it can not be his 10th season as a senior, it would be that he skated senior since he was 13 years old?

He won junior world championships in 2010, so he may start skating in senior since 2011. He won a silver medal in Four Continents in 2011, just before the big earthquake in March 2011.