General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, andchipzz said:

Well, I agree that there can be some improvement done to Otonal, but it is already a World Record performance (unbroken). In a sense that for now, I hope he lets Otonal be, since it is a tribute program. It is already as good as it needs to be IMO. I dunno, it is up to him in the end, but strategically speaking, it is better to create a legendary signature performance that is purely his. Something that someone else can make a tribute of. 

What kind of foot twisting skating program will Rasputin be?  

I don't know and hopefully I'll never ever know LOL

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

Had an email yesterday from Eurosport to say they were showing the skating this season.  However today their Twitter says it’s still undecided 🤷🏼‍♀️  :sigh:

I emaied them too....fingers crossed|

Hace 1 hora, Yuzurella said:

tumblr_pxnsnugDLH1v8tmsuo1_540.jpg

tumblr_pxnsnugDLH1v8tmsuo2_540.jpg

Source

Yuzu's physique is just unreal... :knc_yuzu1:

Can't wait to see him move on the ice like a skating god again! :studsmatta:

WHY are you doing this to me??!!! I just had a glas of wine (more than enough to get me all tipsy! I don't really drink alcohol...) and now watching this pictures...God, his face shows so deep emotions...I could just cry now!!!! :13877886::13877886::13877886: 

10 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

his face shows so deep emotions...I could just cry now!!!! :13877886::13877886::13877886: 

You know, one (of the many many many) thing(s) I really love of his programs is that there are moments just like that,  when he closes his eyes and you see that yes, he is feeling the music so deeply, as if he were alone and doing all of that for himself and all the thousand of eyes on him and camera clicking like mad didn't matter at all.

To me it adds authenticity and that's a powerful, powerful pull

24 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

You know, one (of the many many many) thing(s) I really love of his programs is that there are moments just like that,  when he closes his eyes and you see that yes, he is feeling the music so deeply, as if he were alone and doing all of that for himself and all the thousand of eyes on him and camera clicking like mad didn't matter at all.

To me it adds authenticity and that's a powerful, powerful pull

Agreed - Whenever they have close ups on his face, I find his expressions are always very entrancing/intune with the music 

E.g. that one shot of Yuzuru's face during H&L https://youtu.be/BLnWD7i99-w?t=405 

Honestly I don't know how to feel about him recycling last years programs. I liked both his SP and FS but I feel like the long was more justified in repeating than the SP. Otanal already has that world record score plus many of his naysayers as well as well as some of his fans would rather see him do new programs as we don't know how much longer he'll be skating.  I also don't think it will do him any favors when it comes to the judges scrutiny of him. With everyone else seemly having new programs but him.   I also understand that with his injuries last season he did not get to skate the programs like he wanted to especially the FS. The only way he can made Otanal better since it's already a world record program is with upgraded tech content. Which worries me.  Over all I'm a bit disappointed I was hoping for at least one new program.

I expected him to recycle both of his programs since we knew there'd be no media day this year. I'm very happy about his choices, both programs are very, very good and he didn't have enough opportunities to skate to them last year - he only skated to Origin twice before the got injured and while with Otonal he got WRs and his skate at Rostelecom was great, he could still improve with the program, change the choreo and layout etc (didn't he say both programs were at only 30% last season? :) ) I can't wait to hear what he'll say about his programs and what are his aim with them this season. 

I just really hope he'll be able to make his dreams come true this season, he'll enjoy skating and stay injury free! Good luck Yuzu! :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

I guess he must be feeling kuyashii because both programs have not been performed to the fullest. There are empty moments in Otonal, and as @Henni147 stated Yuzu is not happy about it. Personally, when I compare it to Chopin Ballade, even though it is also beautiful, Otonal feels a little bit stiff and empty, and I keep thinking that he should add this and that in that choreo, and it makes me grit my teeth sometimes. But I also think since it is already a WR performance, isn't it better to move on? With other skaters, one would dread recycling program that is already a world record. But... we know a skater who can break his own record multiple times. 

And when taking about judge scrutiny, what judges see nowadays is TES, right? It shows his drive to win the competition.

At this point, there is no sense in talking about how much time left for Yuzuru as figure skaters. Even if the injuries and illnesses he got every year like a clockwork is worrying, there are so many skaters that is still competing in their late 20s even with bolts inside their body. Barring a very very horrible injury, I think Yuzuru is going to stay as long as he can.  And talking about life, well, YOLO. As long as he is still alive, let's be optimistic about it.

Just now, TallyT said:

When you think about it, other skaters with career of equal length may have more programs per se on their 'resume'... but how many can you name who have more masterpieces?

Well, I don't know with anyone else.....
But Yuzuru certainly have:

1. Parisienne Walkways and Chopin Ballad for SP
2. Seimei and H&L for LP

3. Even his exhibition programs, most notably Notte Stellata, Requiem, Haru Yo Koi --> they are all masterpieces.

I am convinced that all of those are programs of a lifetime and will forever be associated with him. These programs are perfection: layout, difficulty, quality, interpretation, and definitely execution. Distinctive choreographic movements too, that when somebody else use similar choreography, you can definitely note his signatures there. At the very least in his generation (which arguably starts the day he enter the senior race) you will find no one that can be on par with this achievement.

I agree that it is exciting to have new programs every season, but there is no point if a skater cannot churn the best performance from those programs.