General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, andchipzz said:

If I am not mistaken, he has been practicing 4A since 2017

If I am right I think there is some footage of a 4A attempt in the 2015 ice shows (wearing Seimei EX costume)??

Edit: here it is, from YouTube (Danielle Camps):

If his health holds up.  That is always the proviso.  2014/5, 2015/6, 2017/8, and 2018/9 were all bedevilled with illness and injury.  A YH with titanium ankles, perfect respiratory system, and no collision accidents or urachal surgery issues would probably have already done the lot.

Yuzu has beautiful edge jumps and he prefers them to toe jumps, but edge jumps are prone to get affected by ice condition. He must have known the risk of relying on edge jumps long before Worlds this year since he experienced the struggle with competing with LGC in the 2016-2017 season and Boston2016 where there was a sudden change in the temperature and the ice condition. So I don't think he impulsively mentioned mastering 4Lz and 4F. Must be difficult to practice them trying to avoid the risk of injury, but if he is in good form, I think we will see him attempting at least one of them.

He is just 24 years old and had to endure more than most of us will in a lifetime, he is such a strong guy with loads of thinks that he wants to do, I believe that he will be able to fulfill his dreams be it in skating or his personal life ! 

I also believe that if he would have been healthy in the past years that his drive to archive the goals that he has set for himself would be way different and that he wouldn’t be as driven as he is now ! 

And yes he would most likely have accomplished his goal to land a 4A by now !

I am happy that he is still skating and he still has goals that he wants to accomplish.

That he brings as joy as we watch him skate and fulfill what he set as his goal.

And I am happy and excited to see what the new season will bring for him!

And I’m nervous and exited to see him in a few days!

I hope that he’ll accomplish what ever goal he has set for himself and that he’ll believe in himself and in his strength no matter what happens this year !

Yuzu I believe in you !

About the layout guessing: there's one thing that we know for sure. He loves fluffy cats.

Other notable facts that make me feel positive:

1. We know that he practiced 4Lz and 4F during FaOI without serious catastrophes.

2. Since FaOI we have been watered with an above-average number of photos, blurry video pixels or background music from TCC. That means, he did regular on-ice-practice without major interruptions.

3. He is now fit enough to compete at ACI. Obviously.

The rest is pure speculation now:

Spoiler

1) I cannot imagine that Yuzu jumped 4Lz and 4F in public just to drop them again. I bet my salary that he practiced both of them regularly after FaOI, too, especially Lutzifer. I could even smell a tiny bit of kuyashii (really really tiny), that he ran out of time for a clean Flip at FaOI :P

2) He said himself that he needs the big toe jumps, because they do not depend that much on the ice conditions. So I agree with @sweetwater that the 4Lz and 4F were not mere impulsive ideas but plausible, calculated goals at that time.

The quality, success rate and embedding into the choreo are a different story of course, but he's still alive. I take that as a good sign.

The 4F is still not confirmed, until he or his team tell us, we can't really say that he is practising it seriously. Though I am sure he tried it before and I really really want that footage from FaOI

What we do know is that he has been training both the 4Lz and 4A for a while now. His success rate with the 4Lz was good according to his interviews at FaOI so there is a high chance it will make an appearance this season. The 4A is still a mythical beast that we hear about, know he wants and will bring if he can, but we have no idea how successful his efforts are.

My prediction is that he will bring the 4A if it is ready. If not, the 4Lz will be his new jump for the season. As for the 4F, I don't see it making an appearance anytime soon, though I am sure he will try it in the future. After all, Yuzu is ambitious but not stupid and he wants to win. He will not bring too many new elements to his programs all at once as it will definitely destabilise him and makes strategizing in case of mistakes very difficult.

Anyway, we are all just speculating and all opinions are valid at this point, so lets not be to hard on each other for disagreeing. In the end, Yuzu will do what Yuzu wants to do and he knows better. I am personally very happy to just watch him skate. New jumps are a bonus but not really important to me.

4 hours ago, mokjakarma said:

Hi everyone! New fan here. I thought I'd just be lurking forever but the excitement of this upcoming season is too much for me to just keep quiet. I've been catching up on technicalities of skating in the past few weeks while also obsessing over Yuzu. 

Perfect time to join,right in the heat of the moment :wave:

43 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I just informed my family that I will not be seeing them this weekend (we live together :biggrin:)

LOL same here although i don't live with them them and my friends know not to call me:happy0007:

Yuzu and his jumps : I agree when he speaks he knows what he's talking about (He reserve the high trolling moments for practices right?) but yeah I'm not expecting a 4A anytime soon(it's called nessie for a reason)but I'm sure he's training it and probably not landing perfectly/constantly but it's there.

I think Ladylutz will be probably his 1st choice but I also have a feeling with the 4F,don't ask me why tho:rolleyes:

Maybe not at ACI ,too early maybe?

Then of course as @Henni147 said...there'll be fluffly kittens,of this we can be sure(and sparkles on costumes :graucho:)

3 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

If his health holds up.  That is always the proviso.  2014/5, 2015/6, 2017/8, and 2018/9 were all bedevilled with illness and injury.  A YH with titanium ankles, perfect respiratory system, and no collision accidents or urachal surgery issues would probably have already done the lot.

But where would be the fun in that?!? Who would want to follow, stan and obsess over an athlete who's perfectly healthy, has superpowers and always manages to achieve every single goal easily and breezily? Who would want to watch an anime in which the protagonist is a perfect superdude who only has to snap his fingers to defeat his nemesis?

What would we do without the pain, despair, anxiety, worrying, nail-biting and suffering? We'd be bored to death! :darklordyuzu:

But seriously, I believe that we all have to get to a certain point in our development and growth as humans in order to achieve our goals and reach the next step of our evolution. Yuzu wouldn't be the person he is without all the pain, suffering and heartache he's gone through.

In fact, I believe that if he wouldn't have had all these challenges on his way, he might've already retired or gotten bored of this sport. I also believe that he wouldn't have achieved all his accomplishments without his setbacks. Every challenge he's had to face only made him grow, made him stronger and made him overcome his own limits.

As Yuzu said, "Effort is never in vain." I'd like to believe that suffering is also never in vain.

Diamonds are created over a long period of time under immense heat and pressure. And Yuzu is the most brilliant diamond of all. :SunFace:

29 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

But where would be the fun in that?!? Who would want to follow, stan and obsess over an athlete who's perfectly healthy, has superpowers and always manages to achieve every single goal easily and breezily? Who would want to watch an anime in which the protagonist is a perfect superdude who only has to snap his fingers to defeat his nemesis?

Anyone who survived the 2017 -2018 and 2018-2019 seasons, that's who. Drama is over-rated. I don't think my heart could take another year like that. 

25 минут назад, rockstaryuzu сказал:

Anyone who survived the 2017 -2018 and 2018-2019 seasons, that's who. Drama is over-rated. I don't think my heart could take another year like that. 

And if we add 2014-2015 and second part of 2015-2016... well, a calmer (haha) season can be good (for a change)

5 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

God is fair. That Yuzu would dominate the sport for decades and none shall ever appear from under his shadow.