General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hmm, maybe. My take on Raf is that he'd respect a hard worker over a (not so hardworking) high talent any day, and since Yuzu has both a great work ethic and a lot of talent, he's the best of both worlds for Raf.

I still recall a video of Raf getting Yuzu's autograph, and remember it when he does something off-putting.... of course he wants Nathan to win, I'd think the less of him if he didn't have that loyalty and drive for his own skater (and he hasn't any Oly individual medals for his stable as yet, has he? he'd be hungry for that), but there's no doubting his genuine admiration for Yuzu. Pretty much every top coach on the planet would give all their eye-teeth, a kidney and goodness knows what else to have had the shaping and coaching of him, and pretty much all of them are unstintingly in awe of what he has become.

13 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I still recall a video of Raf getting Yuzu's autograph, and remember it when he does something off-putting.... of course he wants Nathan to win, I'd think the less of him if he didn't have that loyalty and drive for his own skater (and he hasn't any Oly individual medals as yet, has he? he'd be hungry for that), but there's no doubting his genuine admiration for Yuzu. Pretty much every top coach on the planet would give all their eye-teeth, a kidney and goodness knows what else to have had the shaping and coaching of him, and pretty much all of them are unstintingly in awe of what he has become.

I think you overestimate him.

46 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I still recall a video of Raf getting Yuzu's autograph, and remember it when he does something off-putting.... of course he wants Nathan to win, I'd think the less of him if he didn't have that loyalty and drive for his own skater (and he hasn't any Oly individual medals for his stable as yet, has he? he'd be hungry for that), but there's no doubting his genuine admiration for Yuzu. Pretty much every top coach on the planet would give all their eye-teeth, a kidney and goodness knows what else to have had the shaping and coaching of him, and pretty much all of them are unstintingly in awe of what he has become.

For such a prideful person, to ask autograph from someone else, it is not an easy thing so I think he genuinely admires Yuzu as a human being especially bcs he says that Yuzu has great character, even praising Yuzu's parents thinking that his parents must be extraordinary ppl too. From what I ve seen, Raf is just that kind of guy. He praises and insults in the same breath and he is genuine with both (praise and insult). 

On 9/8/2019 at 6:08 PM, PPOS said:

These are just wonderful......

So IF I were to go to ACI....[Admin edit: not appropriate]

I admit, when I saw them the first thing I thought of was that video where he got to talk (fanboy) with the Tokyo Ghoul voice actor and was all "please eat me!!"  :darklordyuzu:

(I have resigned myself to the fact that I will probably never see Yuzu skate to the Tokyo Ghoul soundtrack or other Japanese horror, but we can all still dream...)

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

I admit, when I saw them the first thing I thought of was that video where he got to talk (fanboy) with the Tokyo Ghoul voice actor and was all "please eat me!!"  :darklordyuzu:

(I have resigned myself to the fact that I will probably never see Yuzu skate to the Tokyo Ghoul soundtrack or other Japanese horror, but we can all still dream...)

I thought of this too!!! With all its connotations!!!!!!!!!!:winky:

46 minutes ago, TallyT said:

Oh I don't like him (I think the Eunsoo-Bell business put the nail in that coffin) but I try to be fair even to people I don't like (well, sometimes)

16 minutes ago, andchipzz said:

For such a prideful person, to ask autograph from someone else, it is not an easy thing so I think he genuinely admires Yuzu as a human being especially bcs he says that Yuzu has great character, even praising Yuzu's parents thinking that his parents must be extraordinary ppl too. From what I ve seen, Raf is just that kind of guy. He praises and insults in the same breath and he is genuine with both (praise and insult). 

:68271262:

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

Eh, I don't think he wants to be his coach. He wants hype and media attention that Zu has.

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

:hihi::surprised_pikachu::nod2:

How can a sentence be so wrong and so right at the same time? 

And my Lord, do we ever sound thirsty! Thirsty aunties LOL!

I had an ad for Diet Coke earlier today that said “your aura is thirsty.” And I’m just like... no, I’m pretty sure that’s scheduled for later this week. :devilYuzu:

If I were to go to ACI, my ideal personal belongings would be….

1)New DVD: convert video to mp4, watch it on cell during Zamboni time.
2)Citizen watch: a free gift, came with the autograph, still a great timekeeper.
3)Ghana with awful pink costume: for moral support. “Anything is better than this!”
4)Pillow/case “selected by Yuzu”: for my sore butt and backpain caused by sitting on a hard bench. Why couldn’t it be “shaped like…”, “slept on by…”, “smell like….”? (sorry, sorry...)

5)Dispenser: to SHOOT all antis. The sweetest weapons of mass destruction!:smiley-devil:

Do I need some more?

6 hours ago, cronkite said:

If I were to go to ACI, my ideal personal belongings would be….

1)New DVD: convert video to mp4, watch it on cell during Zamboni time.
2)Citizen watch: a free gift, came with the autograph, still a great timekeeper.
3)Ghana with awful pink costume: for moral support. “Anything is better than this!”
4)Pillow/case “selected by Yuzu”: for my sore butt and backpain caused by sitting on a hard bench. Why couldn’t it be “shaped like…”, “slept on by…”, “smell like….”? (sorry, sorry...)

5)Dispenser: to SHOOT all antis. The sweetest weapons of mass destruction!:smiley-devil:

Do I need some more?

How would Yuzu react to a giant pink Ghana poster/banner, I wonder? :D 

Have all satellites managed to rearrange work and stuff as we dedicate our time and sacrifice our sleep and what's left of our sanity to the Overlord? I was going to sleep today after scrambling to finish work all last week and through the weekend but now I'm waaayyyyy too hyper, WE'RE GONNA SEE HIM SOON AND DIE YOU GUYS!!

Btw did anybody post the TSL thing? There's a transcript on Twitter.