General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Is this it?

He didn't use the PW music but the costume and choreo are pretty clear...

I would prefer if they use the song with costume and choreo that give a nod to Yuzuru's program rather than something like this. It will feel more creative and not an on your face tribute (or maybe I am biased with Yuzuru's tribute to Weir and Plushenko since Otonal and Origin is a very classy tribute that successfully avoid comparison btw his program and their program). But anyway, glad to see that ppl already making tribute to Yuzuru, while the person is still challenging himself to a greater height at his age and with all of his accomplishment.

29 minutes ago, andchipzz said:

I would prefer if they use the song with costume and choreo that give a nod to Yuzuru's program rather than something like this. It will feel more creative and not an on your face tribute 

I don't mind it when juniors do it, there's the whole "omg that was awesome, I wanna do that too, I wanna try it" vibe. Like teenagers dressing in clothes that their idol wears. Once they turn senior, you expect more of them, though. It isn't even the matter of age to me: an in-your-face-tribute-slash-copy is cute on the junior circuit but a big no in the seniors, even if both skaters are 15. Once you join decide to play with big boys and girls, what was cute in the juniors becomes embarassing in the seniors.

Anyway, I suppose the boy loved PW and wanted those moves, even if set to a different song. But as there are so many of those moves (though I was actually a bit surprised by the lack of the sideways lunge)  it was pretty clear where the choreo came from, so they decided not to pretend and to acknowledge it with the costume.

The H&L was just cute, and damn, that costume. Dare I say it... it looked better than Yuzu's.

I wouldn't say it was a tribute necessarily, but I'm also pretty sure Mana Kawabe admires/has been influenced by Yuzu. For starters, she had a Pooh on the rinkside, so that's a sign :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:Her coach (and also Pooh-holder) is from Tohoku and knows Yuzu, so that's something of a link. Also, her black swan program seemed emotive and strong in a way that somehow reminded me of Yuzu (OK, this is really hard to quantify but...). I think she's been influenced by Yuzu's skating and combined it with other influences/her own expression in a really promising way. 

Sorry, I just felt her skate was so underappreciated last weekend, I was really so impressed by it :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:Cannot wait to see how she develops. 

8 hours ago, Bunnybash said:

For those who can't follow Yuzuru to Canada.....
Where can we watch the start of the season (ACI)? Is it streamed somewhere or online? Especially looking for advice from others in Australia ;_;
How do you guys usually watch the season?

Check out the Skate Canada Autumn Classic International website. There is a tab for Live Streaming with the next live streaming scheduled for September 12 at 11:30 AM.

https://skatecanada.ca/2019-autumn-classic-international/

@sallycinnamon will add more options at the ACI thread:

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh, that's so cool! I love how Yuzu is inspiring all these kids to try harder! 

It's so lovely to see, how this year's Junior GP series turns into a Yuzu tribute contest   :knc_brian2:

Imagine the head to head race between Sasha Plushenko and Vadim Voronov in a few years...

Who can do the better pistol, Y-spiral, hydroblading, IB, biellmann, glove throw... :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

To continue on the tribute/inspiration topic:

who would have thought eh?Plushy the Pooh-holder:10814716:

There's a whole generation of kids who grow up watching him skate and win medals and who understand his integrity and love for the sport,being it just a Pooh toy or  a whole program those tributes to him are very touching ...hope he knows and feels proud of what he did :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Imagine the head to head race between Sasha Plushenko and Vadim Voronov in a few years...

Who can do the better pistol, Y-spiral, hydroblading, IB, biellmann, glove throw... :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Seriously. Galas and gala practices will be non-stop Yuzu-stanning! It will be great!

:hihi:  :darklordyuzu: