General Yuzuru Chat

There's no one as advanced on quads as Yuzu at TCC. If Stephen were still there, I'd probably think of him, but currently, if anyone's trying out quints, it's Yuzu. (Then see Jason show up, say quads are overrated, and become the first man to land a quint :darklordyuzu:)

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

There's no one as advanced on quads as Yuzu at TCC. If Stephen were still there, I'd probably think of him, but currently, if anyone's trying out quints, it's Yuzu. (Then see Jason show up, say quads are overrated, and become the first man to land a quint :darklordyuzu:)

Joking apart, if Jason were to do that after barely getting to 4S last season, then all the other coaches might as well go home. It would be the hugest endorsement of Brian's methods anyone could possibly imagine. 

17 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

In a shocking turn of events, Yuzu says he’ll do his best season and asks you to please support him. :mushroom8:

He just said “Yuzuru desu” - no Hanyu! Have we heard him introduce himself with just his given name before?? There are few legends who become known only by their given name - Yuzuru could be one of those I think!

edit: just listened again - he DOES say Hanyu, sorry! He’s too quick for me! :embSwan:

8 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

The past few pages remind me of our conversations that we usually have before media day when we all go a bit crazy because of the anticipation, except that this time there was no media day :laughing: I think we have been really patient so far, only a few days left until ACI!

So, the fluff thread is now open (and we also have the official stream :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:), come and join us here:

:smiley-excited001:

6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

ToshI!

:softYuzu:

7 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Finally, someone has transformed Hanyu into Ashura Kannon, my absolute favorite Ashura sculpture in Kofukuji Temple, Nara - a National Treasure.  The artist acknowledges that this sculpture was indeed the inspiration.

The Ashura has the most beautiful expression of compassion, with two other heads revealing different aspects of human emotions.  I visited this sculpture as a child, with my mother, and have revisited it many times ever since.  Its serene expression has never ceased to amaze me.  I hope many PH Satellites will have the opportunity to visit Kofukuji Temple and view this masterpiece in person!  So glad Yuzu can serve as a gateway for many people to discover this gem of Buddhist artwork.  

阿修羅像 興福寺

Ashura Kannon at Kofukuji Temple, Nara

3hhMSCT.jpg'

3CTjMkv.jpg

4FkKsQF.jpg

THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! 

14 minutes ago, Bunnybash said:

For those who can't follow Yuzuru to Canada.....
Where can we watch the start of the season (ACI)? Is it streamed somewhere or online? Especially looking for advice from others in Australia ;_;
How do you guys usually watch the season?

3 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

For ACI there is a free stream on DM, it’s Skate Canada channel. 

And if that doesn't work, there will be others, and we'll have them updated on the event thread. :D But I suggest preparing in advance by testing out a few VPNs and seeing what works for you with Russia and Canada VPNs specifically, for CBC and Russian streams. I usually find that setting the Opera built-in VPN to Europe automatically sets a Russian ip and that works for me, but CBC no longer works on the Opera VPN at least for me.

1 hour ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Mushroom!!! He has turned into a mushroom. Well, living in cave can do that to you :rofl3:

Sooo.... is he going to go for wild ToshI look with hair gelled all the way up, revealing shortly cut hair underneath the mushroom....?

:muahaha:

10 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

The past few pages remind me of our conversations that we usually have before media day when we all go a bit crazy because of the anticipation, except that this time there was no media day :laughing: I think we have been really patient so far, only a few days left until ACI!

So, the fluff thread is now open (and we also have the official stream :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:), come and join us here:

Guys, this is the first time I spent a drought season on the Planet. Thanks to all of you, it felt shorter and easier than ever and I had more fun than ever! :dancingpooh:

Now comes all the excitement of the new season. I look forward to the thrill and insanity! Figure skating and Yuzu-stanning are so much more fun with all of you lovely, funny and crazy satellites! :grouphug:  :loveshower:

To be completely honest, I think this Summer wasn't really much of a drought season... Despite no media day, Yuzu & co made sure we were constantly entertained. I think NHK-Olympics and even Rostelecom-Worlds last year were much worse. And to be honest, I'm happy I wasn't a fan then, to experience the Summer of 2016.

Despite that, I can't believe ACI is in a week... :ohmygod:

6 hours ago, shanshani said:

I await the imminent debut of 4A at ACI in 1 week then

If he jumps a 4A next week I’ll be dead because of to much excitement! 

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

:13877886:

I think I need to hit the booze shop before ACI.

Same ! Good that my workplace is right next to one ! 

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

In a shocking turn of events, Yuzu says he’ll do his best season and asks you to please support him. :mushroom8:

He looks so cute ! Can’t wait to see him next week ! 

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yeah no. He'd be all, "I can do that too!" And then show them how it's done. 

Definitely! I can’t picture Yuzu not wanting to try a quint while someone else is training It ! 

4 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

That would be hilarious when Jason would jump a quint without a stable quad ! 

I got the plan how I have to work next week a few minutes ago and I’m so happy that I’ll be able to watch ACI !