General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I thought the "mood" that had pushed him to pick those two programs had changed too much after this past season and he would have preferred to "turn page" with a set of new programs, but it looks like he doesn't feel that literal

speaking of which, are we really expecting new programs? I'm already giving for granted the double repeat, I just can't see him repeating Origin without keeping Otonal too...and I'm assuming he is repeating Origin. Now the thing I'm relly waiting for is the layout:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

First, a point of order: The rules do not allow you to recycle both of the last season's programs, only one. (BTW, this is the only rule I know about it. I don't know if the other program can be from a season before the last. 

Right after Worlds, I was thinking he might recycle Origin because he never got to skate it the way he wanted to. By the time he would normally be perfecting a program and putting on the final touches, he was injured. But Otonal was perfected already at Helsinki, and then again at Rostelecom.  Since we had some possible confirmation of that with his music posted in IG, that means the short program will probably be new, -- unless the rules allow him to skate LGC, which he has also never perfected...   (Triggering myself: YES! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! SKATE LGC, YUZU! PLEASE, PRETTY, PLEASE, SKATE LGC!!!) 

As for the mood: Yes, the mood HAS changed, but the mood is full-on competition mode now. Yuzu can't stand ending the season without feeling that he has perfected the programs he put so much effort into, so that's a big reason for him to choose Origin, but there's also the fact that he wants to really concentrate on getting all his jumps back up to speed, so adjusting to new choreo would distract him from practicing his jumps.

Yuzu is very calculating when he's in this mode. Origin is a malleable program that leaves him many ways to improvise for additional points. It's a very wise choice, and I think he will upgrade it massively (hopefully adding back the lost media day choreo.) I think we're in for an incredible feat, if his ankle holds out. That's why I have tickets for ACI, SCI, and World's. I think we're about to see history in the making -- again.  We all just have to cross every one of our fingers and toes, praying that he doesn't get injured again. He's actually pushing himself too hard - but all great athletes do that. Just face it, our boy is an adrenaline junky. He has an addiction to the thrill of competition and victory. And like most of the real greats, Yuzu won't retire until injury forces him to. 

49 minutes ago, Toni said:

First, a point of order: The rules do not allow you to recycle both of the last season's programs, only one. (BTW, this is the only rule I know about it. I don't know if the other program can be from a season before the last. 

Spoiler

I'm almost sure Azusa is keeping both programs from last season. I don't think there is any regulation about recycling.:think:

BTW I can't understand this "he is (re)introducing jumps so he will recycle" argument. After Boston he wasn't in the greatest state both mentally and physically and this absolute madman was able to bring 4lo, 4s3t, 2 quads 2 axel combos in second part of program, super hard super fast LGC, H&L that demanded from him to all the time keep in check his posture and lines. And Notte Stellata that is another very demanding, very hard program, tho not competitive. And while 16/17 season wasn't easy at all, it wouldn't be that much unexpected from him to do something crazy again. Plus he seems to be in much, much better condition than back then.

He can skate to Otonal, there is no such rule that wouldn't allow him to recycle both programs from last season. 

We only have a few days left until we find out his programs and we'll see him again soon! :smiley-happy085:  A new SP would be really nice but I find it possible that he might recycle both Otonal and Origin, which would also be good because he didn't have that many opportunities to skate to them last season, and I know he'd do a great job with them this year too. Somehow this summer the drought didn't feel that bad...ok, the last few days or weeks we have been watered enough (thanks to 24h TV, Citizen and Ghana :D ) maybe that's why I feel it this way. :laughing: Or I am just really hyped that ACI is starting so soon!

Anyway, I wish lots of fun to all satellites who're going to Oakville soon, I hope you all will be cheering for Yuzu a lot! <3 

58 minutes ago, Toni said:

Right after Worlds, I was thinking he might recycle Origin because he never got to skate it the way he wanted to. By the time he would normally be perfecting a program and putting on the final touches, he was injured. But Otonal was perfected already at Helsinki, and then again at Rostelecom.  Since we had some possible confirmation of that with his music posted in IG, that means the short program will probably be new, -- unless the rules allow him to skate LGC, which he has also never perfected...   (Triggering myself: YES! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! SKATE LGC, YUZU! PLEASE, PRETTY, PLEASE, SKATE LGC!!!) 

As for the mood: Yes, the mood HAS changed, but the mood is full-on competition mode now. Yuzu can't stand ending the season without feeling that he has perfected the programs he put so much effort into, so that's a big reason for him to choose Origin, but there's also the fact that he wants to really concentrate on getting all his jumps back up to speed, so adjusting to new choreo would distract him from practicing his jumps.

Yuzu is very calculating when he's in this mode. Origin is a malleable program that leaves him many ways to improvise for additional points. It's a very wise choice, and I think he will upgrade it massively (hopefully adding back the lost media day choreo.) I think we're in for an incredible feat, if his ankle holds out. That's why I have tickets for ACI, SCI, and World's. I think we're about to see history in the making -- again.  We all just have to cross every one of our fingers and toes, praying that he doesn't get injured again. He's actually pushing himself too hard - but all great athletes do that. Just face it, our boy is an adrenaline junky. He has an addiction to the thrill of competition and victory. And like most of the real greats, Yuzu won't retire until injury forces him to. 

I wasn't aware of such a rule, do you remeber where you found it? ISU regulations don't mention any requirement about the music, other than duration and high quality of the recording (and of course that they must be on CD LOL)

I had misread Yuzuru's change of mood After WC, when he said he thought Otonal was at..how much? 30% or 60? (I am confused by all the numbers :facepalm:) I thought he had HUGE unfinished business, but then I took the Origin encore as LGC encore in 2017 - a thank you for your service, parting ways now:consoling2: LOL

someone here commented that to them, there in the arena, it didn't feel like that. It looks they might be right

Yeah Origin still has a lot of room to grow and the tech challenge might make a familiar program better (tho he has been able in the past to overcome injury and up tech with new programs). And, Origin was likely THE program where Yuzuru wanted to fullfill another of his childhood dreams...

I might agree with Yuzuru that Otonal wasn't perfected...Even COR, I felt the section before the combo still needed a bit of smoothing out. Though for sure I'd say it was perfected at...99%. 98% if I am stingy :biggrin:

we thought Ballade had been perfected too...but Yuzuru thought otherwise:xD:

And yeah, he's a "competitive beast" and he loves the thrill. And since we're in for the roller coaster, we're likely addicted to the thrill, too:muahaha:

@Toni congrats for having tickets for 3 Yuzu competitions!

I'll only go to one comp, and it happens to be one of those that in the last couple of years Yuzuru couldn't attend:smiley-scared003:

Prayer circle that he will be reasonably healthy all season:smiley-angelic001:

ETA: I think if there is one repeat chances are very high for the second too. Other that Yuzuru' loudly stating his kuyashii about not getting where he wanted with it, I feel he wouldn't keep just one of the "tributes".

Well, I won't give up on my rock(and tango :P)dream. One day I will get it! :hachimaki:

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

He's now old enough for this woman to say that she finds Yuzuru eating chocolate rather... erotic....

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Stop that! I'm trying to be good over here! Otherwise I'd be waxing poetic about his sensual hands...among other things...:embSwan:

As our boy has grown into a man, I would be interested in seeing what the ladies' reactions would be if Yuzu was to perform to Rod Stewart's "Do You Think I'm Sexy," in a butt-hugging costume with LGC/Masquerade hair and attitude, making appropriate faces and gestures to the chorus:

If you want my body and you think I'm sexy
Come on, sugar, let me know
If you really need me, just reach out and touch me
Come on, honey, tell me so, tell me so baby

For those who don't remember the song or are too young to know it, this is it.

5 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

As our boy has grown into a man, I would be interested in seeing what the ladies' reactions would be if Yuzu was to perform to Rod Stewart's "Do You Think I'm Sexy," in a butt-hugging costume with LGC/Masquerade hair and attitude, making appropriate faces and gestures to the chorus:

Totally not his style.:68468287:

Tho considering how some men tried very hard (and unsuccessfully) to not look at Zu's:peach: in PPOS, I think not only ladies reactions would be funny.:D

I think of Yuzu fondly as a third 'son'...a very talented 'godson' so....no to Rod Stewart who is the antithesis of Yuzu.

Rod is definitely sleazy, multiple children from a multitude of women, was banned from certain hotels as he was known for trashing rooms, notoriously tight with $$ etc

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

As fun as that would be, I'm not sure it's his style. I think Masquerade is the true indicator of where Yuzu feels his 'sexy' lies....i.e the manly drama king.  rather than Rod Stewart, Yuzu's more like Elvis Presley.  He'd be all "A Little Less Conversation"...*evil grin*

14 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

As fun as that would be, I'm not sure it's his style. I think Masquerade is the true indicator of where Yuzu feels his 'sexy' lies....i.e the manly drama king.  rather than Rod Stewart, Yuzu's more like Elvis Presley.  He'd be all "A Little Less Conversation"...*evil grin*

good comparison: Elvis was a genius, super charismatic, handsome, kind, generous to his fans....I'll never forget his quote when he was asked about the fans tearing at his clothing...to paraphrase...he said something along the lines of...thanks to his fans, he had clothes on his back!

Elvis had one of the most naturally beautiful voices of all time

4 hours ago, Paskud said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm almost sure Azusa is keeping both programs from last season. I don't think there is any regulation about recycling.:think:

BTW I can't understand this "he is (re)introducing jumps so he will recycle" argument. After Boston he wasn't in the greatest state both mentally and physically and this absolute madman was able to bring 4lo, 4s3t, 2 quads 2 axel combos in second part of program, super hard super fast LGC, H&L that demanded from him to all the time keep in check his posture and lines. And Notte Stellata that is another very demanding, very hard program, tho not competitive. And while 16/17 season wasn't easy at all, it wouldn't be that much unexpected from him to do something crazy again. Plus he seems to be in much, much better condition than back then.

He's planning the hardest jumps of his career on an ankle he admits has been permanently weakened by the fall before the Olympics. ISU has also made it clear that they're going to get away with as much overscoring of Americans and as much underscoring of Yuzu as possible. Yuzu has to jump so much better than Nathan just to get scored evenly. Origin is also great music for lots of powerful jumps. Anyway, that's only one factor. Everything is in Yuzu's calculation, and if Yuzu recycles Origin, his number one reason would be determination to vindicate the program and show it at it's best. I may be wrong, but I really think it will be Origin. 

4 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

He can skate to Otonal, there is no such rule that wouldn't allow him to recycle both programs from last season. 

We only have a few days left until we find out his programs and we'll see him again soon! :smiley-happy085:  A new SP would be really nice but I find it possible that he might recycle both Otonal and Origin, which would also be good because he didn't have that many opportunities to skate to them last season, and I know he'd do a great job with them this year too. Somehow this summer the drought didn't feel that bad...ok, the last few days or weeks we have been watered enough (thanks to 24h TV, Citizen and Ghana :D ) maybe that's why I feel it this way. :laughing: Or I am just really hyped that ACI is starting so soon!

Anyway, I wish lots of fun to all satellites who're going to Oakville soon, I hope you all will be cheering for Yuzu a lot! <3 

It was one of the experts on Planet Hanyu who said you can't recycle both programs from the immediate last season. I believed them when they said it because they sounded very knowledgeable. That's the only basis for my statement.

4 hours ago, Paskud said:
  Hide contents

I guess, but the situations are kind of different.There's the fact that he had two near perfect performances that season already, short and free. He was coming off already recycling Chopin. And I think (my own speculation) that he already knew he wanted to skate to something that represented him, his country and his culture for the Olys. If H&L had been received better by judges, he might have considered that as an option for the Olympic season, I think. Either way I'd say he wanted to get some mileage on a second option for his Olympic free skate. Plus considering Seimei was probably his first choice for Olys already, it would've become a consecutive 3-peat if he'd repeated it. 

I think also there's a bit more mental baggage to unpack with the 4Lz and that takes spoons too. And we know the last time he tried the 4Lz he did it with a recycled programme. 

I'm still hoping for a new SP but I don't actually expect it, it'd be the best surprise if he gave us one but he'll choose what works best for him, as he should.

14 hours ago, Paskud said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Also @LadyLou   It was one of the experts on Planet Hanyu who said you can't recycle both programs from the immediate last season. I believed them when they said it because they sounded very knowledgeable. That's the only basis for my statement. 

LadyLou: HAHAHA, yes, we absolutely ARE also addicted to the thrill. 

35 minutes ago, Toni said:

(Sorry, can't figure out multi-quoting. I want to say the same thing to  LadyLou.) It was one of the experts on Planet Hanyu who said you can't recycle both programs from the immediate last season. I believed them when they said it because they sounded very knowledgeable. That's the only basis for my statement. 

LadyLou: HAHAHA, yes, we absolutely ARE also addicted to the thrill. 

(If you want to multi-quote, click on the + symbol to the left of 'Quote', then scroll on to the next comment you want to quote and click on the + again, and when you have covered all comments you want to quote, click on the floating 'Quote x post' box that will have appeared. If you simply want to tag a satellite, @ and then type the beginning of their username, and their name should pop up, click that and they'll get a mention notification, like so @Toni. There's no option to delete a comment once published, but you can hide it by clicking options and choosing hide. Before publishing a comment, you could always select all and delete everything in the new comment box and start over if you want to. This will get rid of quote boxes and spoilers as well. You can also get rid of quote boxes by hitting backspace. For eg for this post, if I go to the open bracket right at the beginning of the comment and hit backspace a couple of times, the entire part where your comment is quoted will be deleted. )