General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, Anki said:

Our favourite Mezamashi has Yuzu on tomorrow...Could he be announcing his program songs ? Or could he be revealing the bottom half of our dear pink salmon costume in a Lotte advertisement making of:LOL:

Please don't tell me that we are already learning to love it.....

4 minutes ago, TallyT said:

Please don't tell me that we are already learning to love it.....

To be honest I will take the reveal of the salmon pink costume over say 5 sec of Mezamashi trolling us by just reporting something we already know like ACI is on next week. After all the fun we had , how can we not see it in its full glory:pouty: 

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I always find it so amazing how contemporary skaters call him their idol. Ok, Daniel is actually very young, but I still remember when I checked Boyang's ISU biography and seeing that one of the skaters he looks up to is Yuzu (alongside Plush and Yagudin, IIRC). I'm not sure how common that is, really, in any sport. To be the idol of your peers while still competing against them.

I can think of Rafa, Roger and Serena in tennis but they are GOAT-status legends who have been around for a long time (similar to Yuzu!)

45分鐘前, Anki說:

To be honest I will take the reveal of the salmon pink costume over say 5 sec of Mezamashi trolling us by just reporting something we already know like ACI is on next week. After all the fun we had , how can we not see it in its full glory:pouty: 

If they are revealing a Lotte costume, please reveal the green one last year:biggrin:

I am trying to remove the salmon from my memory:1:

According to this thread, the bicycle Yuzu is riding in these pictures is a product of GIANT, a Taiwanese bike maker which donated 1,000 mountain bikes to the disaster-hit area after 311. Those bikes were tuned for riding in such area and probably helped a lot of people since it took a long time until public transportations got back to normal and the roads got fixed. Maybe Tour-de-Tohoku is saying thank you to the maker and people in Taiwan with this art?

(*In the picture the logo says "GLANT" but this is because they cannot use the name of actual bike makers in the anime. In the manga, all the characters are riding bikes which actually exist.)

List of characters and their bikes

http://dktg.info/midochari/?p=1823

How they changed the brand names in anime

http://dktg.info/midochari/?p=8079

8 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

According to this thread, the bicycle Yuzu is riding in these pictures is a product of GIANT, a Taiwanese bike maker which donated 1,000 mountain bikes to the disaster-hit area after 311. Those bikes were tuned for riding in such area and probably helped a lot of people since it took a long time until public transportations got back to normal and the roads got fixed. Maybe Tour-de-Tohoku is saying thank you to the maker and people in Taiwan with this art?

(*In the picture the logo says "GLANT" but this is because they cannot use the name of actual bike makers in the anime. In the manga, all the characters are riding bikes which actually exist.)

List of characters and their bikes

http://dktg.info/midochari/?p=1823

How they changed the brand names in anime

http://dktg.info/midochari/?p=8079

IT"S SEIMEI BIKE:happy0007:

This is gonna be a long musings. I apologize before hand ufufufufu.

So, preparing for ACI, I watched all of Yuzu's performance in the big competitions (GPF, Worlds, and Olympics, starting from his very first senior comp.). And I just realize that at the beginning, he was thought as not very artistic (emphasizing much on technicalities and jumps). It is amazing how in 2012 - 2014, 2 Quads and 8 triples in LP are like so great but nowadays...

Anyway, he already has the talent and potential in musical interpretation, but, in such kind of sport, the body which is demanded to do spins and jumps and everything else cannot always translate the artistic aspect of the choreography too. However, the more he perfects his technique, the better he tunes in to his artistic side (as in, he can show off his artistic side better).  It translates to an ease and fluidity in his programs. Unfortunately, I don't feel them in Origin and Otanal, and I am so very hopeful that he will recycle both programs because for me, they haven't reach the highest potential YET. I don't know, when I watch him perform those programs in three diff. competition, I keep having this sense of "it really can be better than this, he has not perform them to perfection." Maybe the judges all think like me, that they just CANNOT help but put him in such a different standard because they know what he can do (and already did). It is unfair, but it is what it is. If only there is a competition specifically made for Olympic and WC podium winners.

I think, the times he spent off-ice and off-competition needing to rest and rehab really cost him his fighting spirit. Made worse by the condition of his injuries, the sense of finality (since he already won 2 OGM), it seems for a moment he might be thinking, "Oh, is this my time?", but somehow, after World 2019, and seeing his passionate performance in FAOI, it seems to me he found it already, his passion to pursue perfection and prove it to all the judges esp. Because he is a maniac, isn't he? He wants to reach it, technical omnipotence, so that he can show his artistic excellence without sacrificing his techniques (because isn't it his conviction? that one will not reach highest artistic quality (or smth like that) without excellent technique?) A performance that no one can find fault in, a perfection in all aspects. And it is true too,  without great technique, watercolor painters will only create mess --> that is why artists practice everyday, as much as possible, experimenting with different techniques and tools.

I think for him it is a good thing. I hope being reminded that there are still so many things he can pursue makes him care a little bit more about his conditions and injuries, that he still has goals and he needs to hold one by taking care of himself. And he might know that the judges are kinda leaning toward one or two skaters, and therefore he is a man on mission, to achieve performances that no judge can fault. 

"I want to be an absolute existence, that even if all other competitors have performed to their best, they will still think that they won't win." --> this is his vision now. And its GREAT even if so manga-like that I am sure he reads too much sports manga in his free time. But it is something he can do.

On the other hand, we ARE lucky to be Yuzuru's fans. Yuzuru's figure skating is not all about technique and skills which demand a lot from his body. A commentator once said, in case one erase all the jumps in his performances, it is still something great, and it shows in his exhibitions. He is beautiful on ice, his movements and body lines, his fluidity, his interpretation, his physical beauty... you know, even if he r****** from competition, I am sure he will still perform in Ice Shows, and it will be even more attended than WCs, we can still see him live if we want to. So many competitive skater r**** because of injury to become pro skater and coaches.

Anyway, it is very exciting to see what he will offer in this season that will begin this month. And I really hope that all will be well, the he can perform to his heart content in the body which can sustain it.

I had to pass by Shinjuku Station (Tokyo) this afternoon, and took the opportunity to check the Metro Underpass by Marunouchi Line. Since this was not during the rush-hour, the crowd was not too bad (Shinjuku is always crowded).  Still, quite a number of people were lined up in front of the Tour de Tohoku posters.  The lighting was not ideal for taking pictures - you can get better images by downloading directly from the website - but it was great to see the posters in person.  The figures are life-sized and beautifully drawn - really quite moving.  I have included the map (from the Tour de Tohoku website), below, showing the locations of each poster.  The landscape backdrops are amazingly accurate and capture the feel of the place. 

512JrqO.jpg

Ai00piR.jpg

kKPZ9fv.jpg

Dwpft99.jpg

8uXyBYN.jpg

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

I had to pass by Shinjuku Station (Tokyo) this afternoon, and took the opportunity to check the Metro Underpass by Marunouchi Line. Since this was not during the rush-hour, the crowd was not too bad (Shinjuku is always crowded).  Still, quite a number of people were lined up in front of the Tour de Tohoku posters.  The lighting was not ideal for taking pictures - you can get better images by downloading directly from the website - but it was great to see the posters in person.  The figures are life-sized and beautifully drawn - really quite moving.  I have included the map (from the Tour de Tohoku website), below, showing the locations of each poster.  The landscape backdrops are amazingly accurate and capture the feel of the place. 

512JrqO.jpg

Ai00piR.jpg

kKPZ9fv.jpg

Dwpft99.jpg

8uXyBYN.jpg

Oh, Thanks for sharing 💚💜💙

2 hours ago, andchipzz said:

This is gonna be a long musings. I apologize before hand ufufufufu.

So, preparing for ACI, I watched all of Yuzu's performance in the big competitions (GPF, Worlds, and Olympics, starting from his very first senior comp.). And I just realize that at the beginning, he was thought as not very artistic (emphasizing much on technicalities and jumps). It is amazing how in 2012 - 2014, 2 Quads and 8 triples in LP are like so great but nowadays...

Anyway, he already has the talent and potential in musical interpretation, but, in such kind of sport, the body which is demanded to do spins and jumps and everything else cannot always translate the artistic aspect of the choreography too. However, the more he perfects his technique, the better he tunes in to his artistic side (as in, he can show off his artistic side better).  It translates to an ease and fluidity in his programs. Unfortunately, I don't feel them in Origin and Otanal, and I am so very hopeful that he will recycle both programs because for me, they haven't reach the highest potential YET. I don't know, when I watch him perform those programs in three diff. competition, I keep having this sense of "it really can be better than this, he has not perform them to perfection." Maybe the judges all think like me, that they just CANNOT help but put him in such a different standard because they know what he can do (and already did). It is unfair, but it is what it is. If only there is a competition specifically made for Olympic and WC podium winners.

I think, the times he spent off-ice and off-competition needing to rest and rehab really cost him his fighting spirit. Made worse by the condition of his injuries, the sense of finality (since he already won 2 OGM), it seems for a moment he might be thinking, "Oh, is this my time?", but somehow, after World 2019, and seeing his passionate performance in FAOI, it seems to me he found it already, his passion to pursue perfection and prove it to all the judges esp. Because he is a maniac, isn't he? He wants to reach it, technical omnipotence, so that he can show his artistic excellence without sacrificing his techniques (because isn't it his conviction? that one will not reach highest artistic quality (or smth like that) without excellent technique?) A performance that no one can find fault in, a perfection in all aspects. And it is true too,  without great technique, watercolor painters will only create mess --> that is why artists practice everyday, as much as possible, experimenting with different techniques and tools.

I think for him it is a good thing. I hope being reminded that there are still so many things he can pursue makes him care a little bit more about his conditions and injuries, that he still has goals and he needs to hold one by taking care of himself. And he might know that the judges are kinda leaning toward one or two skaters, and therefore he is a man on mission, to achieve performances that no judge can fault. 

"I want to be an absolute existence, that even if all other competitors have performed to their best, they will still think that they won't win." --> this is his vision now. And its GREAT even if so manga-like that I am sure he reads too much sports manga in his free time. But it is something he can do.

On the other hand, we ARE lucky to be Yuzuru's fans. Yuzuru's figure skating is not all about technique and skills which demand a lot from his body. A commentator once said, in case one erase all the jumps in his performances, it is still something great, and it shows in his exhibitions. He is beautiful on ice, his movements and body lines, his fluidity, his interpretation, his physical beauty... you know, even if he r****** from competition, I am sure he will still perform in Ice Shows, and it will be even more attended than WCs, we can still see him live if we want to. So many competitive skater r**** because of injury to become pro skater and coaches.

Anyway, it is very exciting to see what he will offer in this season that will begin this month. And I really hope that all will be well, the he can perform to his heart content in the body which can sustain it.

I understand that Zu's performances may feel somehow different last season, when he had to refind his competitive mindset after 2OGM and both programs were created by ZenZu. But I don't think he needs somebody to remind him about anything. Since novice mushroom Zuzu was pursuing greater heights.:mushroom8:

(This IB-spiral-2t-2t so late into program.:tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:)

I was telling myself for the last month that I should be better at managing my time and responsibility. That I should set my prioritises straight and focus on my work and career. But, all of my resolutions were thrown out of the window when I realised that ACI conflicts with an important work meeting. So, today, I changed my entire schedule for the next two weeks and will be working an extra day this week to be able to take the time off later for ACI  :happy:

Apparently, my priority is actually Yuzu and skating, not work or real life  :P

7 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I was telling myself for the last month that I should be better at managing my time and responsibility. That I should set my prioritises straight and focus on my work and career. But, all of my resolutions were thrown out of the window when I realised that ACI conflicts with an important work meeting. So, today, I changed my entire schedule for the next two weeks and will be working an extra day this week to be able to take the time off later for ACI  :happy:

Apparently, my priority is actually Yuzu and skating, not work or real life  :P

Work and real life are overrated. :LOL: