General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Too bad he never wears watches himself. But I guess that fits the storyline. Never wears watches, becomes a brand ambassador for a watch company. Never uses skincare products, becomes a brand ambassador for a cosmetics company. :darklordyuzu:

I tell you folks. Yuzu will sign contracts with Pirelli, Speedo and Jack Wolfskin, before Under Armour discovers him, too. Eventually. :xD:

Underarmour really get heaps of free publicity every time he steps on practice ice, but they did drop the ball, they and the ISU could have done wonders for the North American profile of the sport by our Ice Dragon Prince all in black...

And it occurs to be if Yuzu is now signed with by a big ISU sponsor, they may want to do more to ensure he gets fair scores. Probably not, but it's a nice thought.

44 minutes ago, TallyT said:

Underarmour really get heaps of free publicity every time he steps on practice ice, but they did drop the ball, they and the ISU could have done wonders for the North American profile of the sport by our Ice Dragon Prince all in black...

And it occurs to be if Yuzu is now signed with by a big ISU sponsor, they may want to do more to ensure he gets fair scores. Probably not, but it's a nice thought.

Usfsa: haha you're funny  

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

I tell you folks. Yuzu will sign contracts with Pirelli, Speedo and Jack Wolfskin, before Under Armour discovers him, too. Eventually. :xD:

Nah, CCM will have him endorsing hockey sticks next. Or maybe it'll be Olson curling brooms. Or a cricket bat manufacturer.

:LOL:

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

Usfsa: haha you're funny  

Yeah well, it was a nice dream :10636614:

Not that it's any of our business, but I can't help wondering what they are paying, given that this - even more than KOSE - is a prestige product. And both products have a definite and pointed crossover between the Japanese and Chinese markets (is Yuzu the most popular skater in China as well? it seems like it, despite both Patrick's and Nathan's heritage)

7小时前, TallyT说:

Yeah well, it was a nice dream :10636614:

Not that it's any of our business, but I can't help wondering what they are paying, given that this - even more than KOSE - is a prestige product. And both products have a definite and pointed crossover between the Japanese and Chinese markets (is Yuzu the most popular skater in China as well? it seems like it, despite both Patrick's and Nathan's heritage)

Yes Yuzuru is the most popular active athlete in China, and not only in figure skating but in all winter sports.

There is a vote on Weibo ( Chinese Twitter)for all active athlete, fans can support their favorite athletes everyday form March to December 2019. In winter sports, Yuzu got 310,544 votes now and the second athlete is Boyang Jin who got 44,255 votes. 

This is a bit OT, but I had such a good laugh :xD:

I just switched on my TV, zapped through the channels and stumbled across an episode of the first Yu-Gi-Oh! season.

Boy, there are so many parallels between that anime and figure skating :laughing:

Spoiler

Yugi Muto/ Atem ~ Yuzu: Off the battlefield an adorable boy, who just loves to skate/ play card games. In the arena he turns into a confident, fierce competitor, who unleashes mysterious superpowers and carries the faith of the world on his shoulders.

Kuriboh ~ Pooh-san: Yugi's/ Yuzu's little protector. Others chuckle about the fluffy plushy, but when it multiplies to hundreds and thousands, it becomes the nightmare of every opponent.

Dark Magician ~ Triple Axel: Might not be the most powerful in terms of points, but it's Yugi's/ Yuzu's most reliable and versatile weapon with many hidden powers that only he can evoke.

Joey Wheeler [Katsuya Jounouchi] ~ Javi: Teammate and good friend. When he has to face Yugi/Yuzu in competition, they are respectful rivals and stimulate each other to their absolute best performances.

Seto Kaiba ~ PChiddy: A world champion and master at his game, who needs +200 episodes to accept that Yugi/ Yuzu is the GOAT.

Pegasus ~ Lakernik: The boss and business diva. Prefers to use outdated technology.