General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Kat said:

This is true. I want to laugh, but also how sad.

😅

But it also means your dream won't happen - neither the scoring nor the...other bit ( I'm not going to repeat it, I'm superstitious when it comes to Yuzu's ankles now). If he does release Nessie this year, she'll be perfect, with a safe landing every time. 

That's my firm belief! 

Throwback to last August because I just watched this again and I AM HYPED for more Origin. This Origin. Give us this Origin, Yuzu, pretty pretty please!

If he upgrades his layout like he wants to, and does this version, we might also see the complete lunacy of him getting negative GOE on ChSq if he does this Origin because the entire thing is one choreo sequence, jumps included, and there is no separate choreo sequence. Imagine it, free programmes are so lacking in proper choreo sequences that they cut a second stsq and made i a chsq just so there would be something and this perfection of a programme wouldn't have that. And would probably get penalised for it. It's actually kinda hilarious.

4 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

If he upgrades his layout like he wants to, and does this version, we might also see the complete lunacy of him getting negative GOE on ChSq if he does this Origin because the entire thing is one choreo sequence, jumps included, and there is no separate choreo sequence. Imagine it, free programmes are so lacking in proper choreo sequences that they cut a second stsq and made i a chsq just so there would be something and this perfection of a programme wouldn't have that. And would probably get penalised for it. It's actually kinda hilarious.

My opinion: An ideal program SHOULD be one big step and choreo sequence from start to finish. The local elements should have both: a technical value and a choreographic value (1. embedding/transition quality 2. musicality and 3. narrative/dramaturgical meaning).

The sheer existence of a step/choreo sequence is completely contradicting this ideal. A recognizable sequence with a start and finish requires a visible quality change in your skating and performance. It's like: "Okay, in these 15 seconds I do the choreo and the remaining 3:45 minutes are random skating around." To be honest: most of the programs give me exactly this terrible feeling...

I really don't care, if Yuzu gets negative GOE for his sequences or not. He aims for that one big sequence and this is what I want to see in figure skating.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

My opinion: An ideal program SHOULD be one big step and choreo sequence from start to finish. The local elements should have both: a technical value and a choreographic value (1. embedding/transition quality 2. musicality and 3. narrative/dramaturgical meaning).

The sheer existence of a step/choreo sequence is completely contradicting this ideal. A recognizable sequence with a start and finish requires a visible quality change in your skating and performance. It's like: "Okay, in these 15 seconds I do the choreo and the remaining 3:45 minutes are random skating around." To be honest: most of the programs give me exactly this terrible feeling...

I really don't care, if Yuzu gets negative GOE for his sequences or not. He aims for that one big sequence and this is what I want to see in figure skating.

I agree, media day Origin is one huge step towards choreographic ideal as a whole. Especially with the 30 second cut, it's just brilliant. It would be very very ironic for it to be dinged because no recognisable separate choreo sequence. 

Anyway with his new BV upgrade he can afford it. :P 

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But it also means your dream won't happen - neither the scoring nor the...other bit ( I'm not going to repeat it, I'm superstitious when it comes to Yuzu's ankles now). If he does release Nessie this year, she'll be perfect, with a safe landing every time. 

That's my firm belief! 

Im ok with my dream not happening 😂. I'd like to see him release Nessie someday if/when he is ready-and only at that time, but Yuzuru's quite driven, so it's coming at some point. 🤣

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Too bad the piano is so terribly out of tune. Beautiful playing, though. 

Yes the piano doesn't sound great but the soul of the music is still there. 

I believe this one is the first YT upload in 2011 that choreographer Kenji Miyamoto had watched and suggested to Yuzu that if he could skate to it as an exhibition program.

"The best of" Masquerade

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10UkjQ1L8fIxlmcGcgTusrcdbHyEAo58b/view?usp=drivesdk

I must have missed my editing program because I couldn't resist the urge to make the best angles/moments edit of Masquerade using clips from all 4 shows (mostly Makuhari and Toyama though). I had hard time deciding between the 3F and the split jump and finally decided to keep both :laughing:  That's why there are a couple of seconds that are not a perfect fit to the music and some rough transitions.

But it looks pretty awesome anyway, if I dare to say so! 

(And now after 3 days of listening to it over and over again  "MasqueRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE" is going to be stuck in my head for the next month.)

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

"The best of" Masquerade

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10UkjQ1L8fIxlmcGcgTusrcdbHyEAo58b/view?usp=drivesdk

I must have missed my editing program because I couldn't resist the urge to make the best angles/moments edit of Masquerade using clips from all 4 shows (mostly Makuhari and Toyama though). I had hard time deciding between the 3F and the split jump and finally decided to keep both :laughing:  That's why there are a couple of seconds that are not a perfect fit to the music and some rough transitions.

But it looks pretty awesome anyway, if I dare say so! 

(And now after 3 days of listening to it over and over again  "MasqueRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE" is going to be stuck in my head for the next month.)

It is awesome, thank you!

... and a picture, just because it's so beautiful...

Yuzu-music-related - does anyone have a link to a video of Shinya Kiyozuka performing in a mall or somewhere? One of the pieces he played was HYK. The video I saw was on Instagram, and I think it was from the latter half of 2018 (after FaOI last year was over), but I can't find it and I'd like to see it again. I love those videos where famous musicians turn up in public places and impress everyone. :)