General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, Ashley2162018 said:

Guys are blue rays with region codings like normal dvd? The region 1,2,3 and 0 thingy?

In the product description in Amazon Japan, Blu-ray discs should be clearly marked "All Regions". If so, they will play in all Blu-ray players.

This link will provide you with details of the Region Codes for Blu-Ray Discs and DVDs.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=174752

Blu-Ray Region Code.

Region A: Americas, Southeast Asia, Japan, Korea, Taiwan
Region B: Europe, Middle East, Africa, Oceana.
Region C: Central/South Asia, China, Russia, Mongolia

DVDs are only playable in the regions marked.

DVD Region Code

Region 1: USA, Canada
Region 2: Japan, Europe, Middle East, South Africa, Egypt
Region 3: East Asia, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong
Region 4: Oceana, Middle East, Caribbean, South America
Region 5: Russia, North Korea, Mongolia, South Asia, African Countries.
Reason 6: China

Note: Some software may be region-free and can be played in all regions. Region-free import DVDs may not be played on DVD players manufactured in Japan (including PlayStation 2, PLAYSTATION3, and PC built-in DVD.)

Also, as @Dreamer  has stated, it is possible to get your DVD player tweaked so that it can play all regions.

Some Dvd players are actually region-free though neither the maker nor the seller can actually advertise them as such.  We wanted one because we buy quite a few special DVDs from the UK/US etc; our current player is a few years old, but I remember simply walking into the store and saying "do you have a region free one?" and without a blink the salesman showed me the right one.  Works perfectly fpr all regions.

Plus the DVD ripper we have on the computers doesn't care :10814716:

1 hour ago, Pammi said:

it’s cheaper from HMV folks - too late for me, but maybe not for you! (See links, one for blue ray, one for DVDs)

I did order ot from HMV Japan on someone's recommendation and found it quite a painless procedure for foreigners....

Now watching the post begins.

16 hours ago, Ashley2162018 said:

Guys are blue rays with region codings like normal dvd? The region 1,2,3 and 0 thingy?

The "Time of Evolution" Blu-ray I preordered is "All Regions", but I also ordered the previous ""Time of Awakening (Normal Edition)" Blu-ray and that one is "Region A/1". There's also a limited deluxe edition of the "Time of Awakening" Blu-ray and that one is "All Regions", so it's probably best to look carefully at each Blu-ray.

5 hours ago, Pammi said:

it’s cheaper from HMV folks - too late for me, but maybe not for you! (See links, one for blue ray, one for DVDs)

Ahh, too late for me too, but I think I get a "logo sticker" with my order. Lol. Once I discovered the icon on the menu bar to switch the language to English, it was amazingly easy to order from Amazon Japan. That's actually quite a dangerous thing for my wallet. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Does anyone have the link to the Blu-ray/DVD of Yuzuru Hanyu's Shinka No Toki at Amazon Japan (English)?

I have an account there and want to check out the prices. Is it even listed there now?

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/【メーカー特典あり】羽生結弦「進化の時」Blu-ray(ロゴステッカー付き)-羽生結弦/dp/B07W6XRKQJ?language=en_US

The price listed is 10,800 Yen, but I was only charged 10,000 yen. I'm not sure if I got a discount for ordering additional items.

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

The pricing seems expensive... Is it just one disc or a set?

It's 2 discs, but still expensive. However, I don't know how much Japanese Blu-rays normally cost.

2 hours ago, IceWings said:

Ahh, too late for me too, but I think I get a "logo sticker" with my order. Lol. Once I discovered the icon on the menu bar to switch the language to English, it was amazingly easy to order from Amazon Japan. That's actually quite a dangerous thing for my wallet. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/【メーカー特典あり】羽生結弦「進化の時」Blu-ray(ロゴステッカー付き)-羽生結弦/dp/B07W6XRKQJ?language=en_US

The price listed is 10,800 Yen, but I was only charged 10,000 yen. I'm not sure if I got a discount for ordering additional items.

It's 2 discs, but still expensive. However, I don't know how much Japanese Blu-rays normally cost.

1. I discovered how to switch the language to English quite a while ago, which led to me opening an account and this has been a constant drain on my wallet. Also, you can right-click on any page where there are Japanese characters and click on "Translate to English." in the pop up box to change everything to English.

2. Thank you very much for the link. I searched "Yuzuru Hanyu Time of Evolution" and "Yuzuru Hanyu Shinka No Toki" in Amazon Japan, but I was unable to find it.

I found that the prices quoted for items are less when I put them in the cart and I think this is because the prices quoted include tax for Japanese residents. If the item is ordered from outside of Japan, the tax is removed from the quoted price, hence the lower price when you put it in your cart and checkout.

3. I recently ordered about a dozen Blu-ray discs of the Japanese band "Arashi" for my wife who is a big fan of theirs and they average between ¥4200-¥4900, but I've seen some Blu-ray discs priced at over ¥10,000. So, Yuzu's Blu-ray disc set is probably on the higher end of the price scale.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

I discovered how to switch the language to English quite a while ago, which led to me opening an account and this has been a constant drain on my wallet. Also, you can right-click on any page where there are Japanese characters and click on "Translate to English." in the pop up box to change everything to English. 

Agree that learning to switch Japan Amazon to English or having somewhat a grasp of Japanese  is definitely dangerous for the wallet! It's very easy to order from them, unfortunately :P