General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I WANT the Bluray version...that would be the next best to seeing Yuzu live!:devilYuzu:

I really hope that Yuzu is getting royalties or such from the sale of all those magazines, mooks, and Yuzu merchandise!!

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

44 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

This seems to be the content of the new DVD, so Hope and Legacy is there , too!

I contemplated if I should wait until I get back home before I ordered but i got my preorder in (in DVD, I don’t have Blu-ray devices)... and ordered the collectors for the previous one as well (ahhh disposable income... but still it’s almost $200 for me)... :ohno:

If you can’t get amazon.co.jp to deliver to you, I’m using Tenso as a forwarding address (expensive but reliable) and even the most fragile items (like figurines) have arrived with extra bubble wraps.

3 hours ago, faeline said:

I contemplated if I should wait until I get back home before I ordered but i got my preorder in (in DVD, I don’t have Blu-ray devices)... and ordered the collectors for the previous one as well (ahhh disposable income... but still it’s almost $200 for me)... :ohno:

If you can’t get amazon.co.jp to deliver to you, I’m using Tenso as a forwarding address (expensive but reliable) and even the most fragile items (like figurines) have arrived with extra bubble wraps.

Thank you!  I'm not an extravagant person, but I think Yuzu is worth it :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

ps - is there a chance anyone knows the music playing in the ad for the DVD?

And that fireworks display!!!  As epic and beautiful as the man himself... this has been a wonderful week for fanyus, hasn't it?

On 8/10/2019 at 8:02 AM, Yuzurella said:

OMG! This is incredible! :knc_yuzu1:

Yuzu's life story is depicted in a Taiwanese society and citizens school book. (I think it's a school book for children.)

This is the gist of what it says: Yuzuru Hanyu was born into a happy family in Japan. Yuzu and his family experienced the great earthquake of 3.11. He thought he would give up skating. Because of his mother's support, he returned to the ice rink. After overcoming the great earthquake and injuries, he won an Olympic gold medal.

If someone with better Chinese and/or Japanese skills would like to make a proper translation or make corrections, please go ahead.

Yuzu is so famous, popular and such a role model in East Asia now. It's amazing that he appears in a book like this and that his life is taken as an example for teaching children. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

For a better quality photo, I would recommend the following link.

I took the first picture from my 7th-grade daughter’s social & citizenship education textbook and shared it with my friend. Then she shared with other fans but the details are poor to appreciate , so I scanned another clearer version.

This chapter talks about family, and use the Hanyu family as an example. I would say that the editor or drawer is obviously a fanyu because the details are amazing.

The first picture shows a happy family and the baby Yuzu with balloons is captured from a true old picture. Then there’s the scene after the earthquake, the family sits together with an onigiri before them. If you look close, there are green dots in it. That’s exactly what they had during that time! The green dots are some kind of seaweed. Finally there’s the last scene at 2018 Olympics with purple theme rink and the details of 3 medalists. 

I’m really glad there are more and more people inspired by Yuzu and am certainly curious about where that yellow top comes from?

3 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Interesting 🤔 Yuzu does like numbers ...

or is it just coincidence??

We're talking about Yuzu here. He doesn't do things just casually. It may seem easy and casual but never a random, just like his jumps are placed where they should be so I believe this is all according to his calculation... :gla: