General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

According to this new article, five out of seven applications have already been rejected in the past years, hopefully they'll reject the others as well and ANA and Yuzu's team will be able solve this problem and stop them from further applications.

Again, Yuzuru must occasionally just stop and think, "how is this my life????"

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

He's probably not the only celebrity this happens to, either. 

Becoming an international celebrity via FS is a rarity and a feat... but sometimes I feel sad because he, being extremely responsible, confines himself to the expected life of a celebrity. The other side of this is that of course this helps him in removing all other distractions and focus on figure skating.

Don't mind me I’m just thinking while I'm typing - the expected behavior for Asian celebrities is harsh and looking back at those “apology press conferences” of those from girl groups/boy bands just because they literally went on a date... I sincerely hope that he doesn’t have to live like that or think that he has to live like that due to his fame. Or that he has to live the perfect life because he’s now an exemplary citizen of Japan. 

I worry about him too much. I just want him to be happy, you know?

35 minutes ago, faeline said:

Becoming an international celebrity via FS is a rarity and a feat... but sometimes I feel sad because he, being extremely responsible, confines himself to the expected life of a celebrity. The other side of this is that of course this helps him in removing all other distractions and focus on figure skating.

Don't mind me I’m just thinking while I'm typing - the expected behavior for Asian celebrities is harsh and looking back at those “apology press conferences” of those from girl groups/boy bands just because they literally went on a date... I sincerely hope that he doesn’t have to live like that or think that he has to live like that due to his fame. Or that he has to live the perfect life because he’s now an exemplary citizen of Japan. 

With unscrupulous people trying to trademark his literal name ( not once but seven times!!), I personally think conforming to expected idol behavior may not be one of his bigger concerns. But yes, I would be quite upset for him if something like that happened.

1 minute ago, ralucutzagy said:

New Bathclin add? 

I'm not sure if it's the same one, but there was an ojiichan obaachan bathclin add last year or so as well. But it didn't receive many reactions then, I think... or at least I didn't see it mentioned much at that time.

7 hours ago, faeline said:

The reality is his life will never be the same again. It's very sad because the celebrities (though he's not one but he's treated as such) in Asia are subjected to crazy standards. Imagine having to be upright your whole life. No room for mistakes or else, everyone will crucify you for being a little less perfect. 

8 hours ago, MeowZu said:

The reality is his life will never be the same again. It's very sad because the celebrities (though he's not one but he's treated as such) in Asia are subjected to crazy standards. Imagine having to be upright your whole life. No room for mistakes or else, everyone will crucify you for being a little less perfect. 

I read in some interview or other that he said he is not an idol and everyone will forget about him once he retires anyway.... but I am not so sure! Maybe that's what he hopes for, bless him....

(but then..... how is he going to get used to NOT being the centre of attention, after all these years of striving to be such??......oh I suppose I also worry about him too much @faeline!!!!) 

Whatever, I'm sure he'll face the challenge, and try his very best.

:tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:

9 hours ago, MeowZu said:

actually it varies from country to country as well. what you guys are referring to happens more to east asian celebrities especially if they are seen as idol celebrities. some other asian countries i know their entertainment is a lot more laxed and some actually became popular through having a lot of scandals and self created dramas. something we do see a lot in hollywood

Alot of times these idol images are honestly for the cameras and not very genuine, imo. to me, Yuzu is admirable for being who he is and more than that his personality is loveable. I like to see him as a hero more than anything because not all heroes wear cape

3 hours ago, Pammi said:

I read in some interview or other that he said he is not an idol and everyone will forget about him once he retires anyway.... but I am not so sure! Maybe that's what he hopes for, bless him....

(but then..... how is he going to get used to NOT being the centre of attention, after all these years of striving to be such??......oh I suppose I also worry about him too much @faeline!!!!) 

Whatever, I'm sure he'll face the challenge, and try his very best.

:tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:

Iirc Iron Klaus mistranslated that. The words weren’t even close. :14066882:

7 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

actually it varies from country to country as well. what you guys are referring to happens more to east asian celebrities especially if they are seen as idol celebrities. some other asian countries i know their entertainment is a lot more laxed and some actually became popular through having a lot of scandals and self created dramas. something we do see a lot in hollywood

Alot of times these idol images are honestly for the cameras and not very genuine, imo. to me, Yuzu is admirable for being who he is and more than that his personality is loveable. I like to see him as a hero more than anything because not all heroes wear cape

Some wear knives on their feet and fly across the frozen world. :D