General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

serious question though why do people still watch them? :smiley_hairpull:

Honestly, I think there are plenty of people that love them, because they are nothing less then salty about Yuzu. And how many so-called "professionals" are talking trash about Yuzuru? It is rare and sadly, some people just need others to reassure them that Yuzu is not the GOAT and the vast number of his fans are just blind, manipulated fangirls...

So even, if it is sad and infuriating, those drama queens are going to have their regular audience and because they are so "popular", new FS fans are still going to watch them, thinking they are actual FS experts. I know I did that once. :facepalm: (Never again! I really can't stomach their comments anymore...)

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Guess we’ll see at ACI but apparently Yuzu hinted at recycling both programs in the May issue of Ice Jewels as well.

Did he? I don't remember anything :drama:

In the pamphlet of FaOI Makuhari, he did say he could only perform 20% for both Otonal and Origin.

I was surprised to read this. Origin, yes I understand, but also Otonal??

10 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Masochists, I suppose. Anyway, sometimes they’re right, sometimes they’re wrong. They were right about Gogo moving to Raf most recently. Guess we’ll see at ACI but apparently Yuzu hinted at recycling both programs in the May issue of Ice Jewels as well.

Yeah they seem to be right about many things but when it comes to Yuzu its all click baits. We all know how secretive Yuzu is and even his team rarely gives any info away about him or knows what he is up to. These things T*L said about him are just pure speculations or the stuffs that anyone else could have already guessed sighs

8 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Honestly, I think there are plenty of people that love them, because they are nothing less then salty about Yuzu. And how many so-called "professionals" are talking trash about Yuzuru? It is rare and sadly, some people just need others to reassure them that Yuzu is not the GOAT and the vast number of his fans are just blind, manipulated fangirls...

So even, if it is sad and infuriating, those drama queens are going to have their regular audience and because they are so "popular", new FS fans are still going to watch them, thinking they are actual FS experts. I know I did that once. :facepalm: (Never again! I really can't stomach their comments anymore...)

yeah u might be right, which is so sad. thats why whenever i talk to a new yuzu fan or figure skating fan, i usually tell them not to trust everything the "experts" say  

and dont worry Im sure you werent the only one. Lucky me I gave up on them after clicking in a few videos with Yuzu thumbnails that literally has 1 quick session of them trashing about him. I also read comments and checked the thumbs up and down bar and they all confirmed my intuition about those guys were right. So thanks anyone who gave them a dislike

2 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

Did he? I don't remember anything :drama:

In the pamphlet of FaOI Makuhari, he did say he could only perform 20% for both Otonal and Origin.

I was surprised to read this. Origin, yes I understand, but also Otonal??

I haven’t read it myself but someone working on a translation seems to think he was. :think:  I’d be surprised with Otoñal repeat as well but also... I wouldn’t be surprised. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: He’s really impossible to predict.

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I haven’t read it myself but someone working on a translation seems to think he was. :think:  I’d be surprised with Otoñal repeat as well but also... I wouldn’t be surprised. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: He’s really impossible to predict.

I'm curious about that part in the Vol. 10 interview because only two segments (his life in Toronto and his thoughts about Javier) have been translated so far afaik.

He is really impossible to predict though :P 

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

We all need to live our best lives and have the self-confidence and total lack of shame TSL has in broadcasting their iNsIdEr ScOoPs and ~HOT TAKES

They're obviously Tony Robbins devotees! :darklordyuzu:

Joking apart, I find that they're less about real news and more about trying to sound a certain way and say things that they think make them sound edgy and cool. It took me a bit to realize that their channel wasn't really about sharing news but more about them trying to be the Perez Hilton of the FS world. I watched them for their interviews, but quickly got sick of their so-called banter. 

Because I just had my Ice Jewels handy (had it with me at work on Friday, hoping I'd finally have time to read, but nope), I think I might have found the part that hints at recycling, so I typed it up:

ーショートもフリーも試合を重ねるごとに手や顔の向きなど振付が変わっていくのも楽しみでした。ご自分ではどこがお気に入りですか?

羽生 お気に入りという感覚はないです。どの動きであってもその音にとって必要であり、プログラムとして必要な動きだと思っています。ショートもフリーも、もっと取り入れたいいろんな動きや、振付をしてもらってジャンプなしでやっているときのような演技をしたいのですが、完成にはほど遠いです。

Unless my Japanese has gotten worse, they ask him about parts he likes, so he says every movement feels necessary for that sound and for the program as a whole. Then he says that for both of them he still wants (present, not past) to change stuff, add/remove movements, choreo, that he wants to perform it like he does when not doing any jumps, but he's far from achieving that. Which does seem to hint at unfinished business.

Then again, LGC was unfinished business, too... I think maybe only Chopin and Seimei and maybe Parisan feel totally finished lol Maybe H&L, too. So, I don't know. But it's the "I want"vs. "I wanted" in his words here that makes it seem likely.

30 minutes ago, airi said:

What even? I would maybe believe it all as it's easy to conclude, but quints? Sorry, no.

(now watch Yuzu show up with 5Flip, doesn't matter it has no bv, who would care about that lolol)

Hey, this is the same guy jumping a 4T-3A that doesn't get properly rewarded BV-wise just because :P

Yuzu whatever you are planning just keep your ankles safe. We want you to have 3 OGM, but only if you want it too. (A third gold on WC is not bad too)

You have always been working hard to prepare and achieve your goals.

Last season did not meet your expectations. But you are the King of comebacks who triumph over adversity. So Ganbatte Hanyu-senshu!

We all believe in you.