General Yuzuru Chat

20 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I think @shanshani was not referring to Sting's original version but the version from Moulin Rouge (El Tango De Roxanne a.k.a ROXAAAAANE) that was sang by Jacek Koman whose voice is not exactly beautiful. 

I don't think the Moulin Rouge version was meant to be sung beautifully. It's supposed to be dark and gritty and uncomfortable, IMO. I know it's largely disliked by FS fans due to overuse, but I thought it worked quite well in the movie. No idea if the one who sung it does have a musical career or if he usually sounds like that, though lol But having a good voice isn't always a necessity to being a successful and popular singer nowadays, anyway lol

For Yuzu, I sometimes think I can hear him sing in the Kouhaku Hana ha saku as well, but that could be just my imagination. However, he is holding the microphone to his own mouth only (others are holding theirs so more people can sing), so it could be one of the voices that are louder is his...

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Shikigami chanz are so adorable! The one handing out the red one to Yuzu is holding Ghana ice bar and other one handing out the purple one to Yuzu is holding Le Monde ice bar :D They should get extra loyalty points for them!!

thank you for translating:thanks:

53 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I think @shanshani was not referring to Sting's original version but the version from Moulin Rouge (El Tango De Roxanne a.k.a ROXAAAAANE) that was sang by Jacek Koman whose voice is not exactly beautiful. 

I've always thought it was sang by Ewan Mcgregor go figure .There's a great version by Tom Waits,another guy with everything but a classical beautiful voice (also George Michael had a jazz-ish version of it).

43 minutes ago, mercedes said:

I've always thought it was sang by Ewan Mcgregor go figure .

They both sing different parts of the song, and voices are overlapped in the chorus (I personally love the contrast between the 2 voices). The famous "ROOOOXANE " is from Jacek Roman though. 

3 hours ago, Veveco said:

They both sing different parts of the song, and voices are overlapped in the chorus (I personally love the contrast between the 2 voices). The famous "ROOOOXANE " is from Jacek Roman though. 

Considering that the song expresses the inner turmoil if a guy who's desperately in love with a dying prostitute who won't give up her profession to be with him, I think the voice is just about right. Anything sweeter doesn't really suit.

5 hours ago, mercedes said:

I've always thought it was sang by Ewan Mcgregor go figure .There's a great version by Tom Waits,another guy with everything but a classical beautiful voice (also George Michael had a jazz-ish version of it).

I thought it was Ewan McGregor too. Was he lip sincing?  It sounded like his voice I thought. 

NB.  Apparently both he and Nicole Kidman sang their parts in the movie. 

There was an earthquake in Tohoku tonight, 6.2 Richter and fairly surface, so it seems the shaking was pretty bad, but seems there have been no injuries or worse reported. Hopefully it'll stay so and everyone in the area is safe. There's no tsunami warning. There will be a press conference with more info at 9pm JPT. I was just thinking about the earthquake I experienced in Japan, the other day... And there have been so many earthquakes lately... scary >_< (Selfishly, I'm happy Yuzu is in Toronto... I feel vaguely traumatized from my very mild experience, I cannot even begin to imagine how he feels... if he could live a long happy life and never experience an earthquake again, I'd be happy...)