General Yuzuru Chat

The medals look like the butter cookies that come in tins, where you get excited as a kid when you find the tin and then you open it and it's full of sewing supplies. :sorrow: 

So, much like the Olympics it truly does represent the heights and depths of human emotion. :68468287:

Well, it's coming up fast and I think it's getting close  to the time we should put a Tokyo Olympics thread on this forum.  The chatter can only increase as the months and weeks go by. 

Some speculations on the games, specifically the opening ceremony.  Unless he's competing, my guess is that Kohei Uchimura will be the person lighting the torch.  In terms of Olympic summer sports he's the only Japanese with such a long record of successful Olympics involvements.  As for where Yuzu, being right now the reigning Japanese winter sports figure, I'm sure there's some planning of involving him in the torch-carrying ritual that will proceed the opening.  It's almost certain that he will carry the torch during part of its passage through Sendai.  My thinking is that he might also be involved a second time, and that would be either that he's the one carrying the torch as it enters the stadium and, as is often the case, handing it to a succession of former summer gold medal winners who carry it around the stadium before handing it to (as I presume) Kohei, who will actually light the main torch signalling the beginning of the games.  The other possibility is that he's the person who hands the torch over to the main-torch lighter, the symbolism there being very apparent - Winter giving over to Summer.  Whatever the situation ultimately is I can't imagine the Olympics organizers are not planning to have Yuzu involved somewhere along the line.  His achievement is just too great and he is just too prominent and popular to ignore him.  I will make one solid prediction, though, and that is that Yuzu will not do anything that seems to him to be overshadowing those Japanese who've made great achievements in summer sports.  His sense of propriety will veto anything that seems to him to call undue attention toward him.

22 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

The medals look like the butter cookies that come in tins, where you get excited as a kid when you find the tin and then you open it and it's full of sewing supplies. :sorrow: 

So, much like the Olympics it truly does represent the heights and depths of human emotion. :68468287:

17 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

OMG! So relatable :mischief:

I love the fact that this is so relatable and now i am always skeptical when there are actually cookies in them.

2 hours ago, Dreamer said:

can I defend the singing? 

The sound system has a lot of impact on sound as well as the room itself which affects acoustics..And of course the quality of the recording.

Going back to the source: have to have a great voice...I think Yuzu probably has your average singing voice but I can't tell from the 'tinny' quality of the recorded singing in the video.

Is there a video of him singing?

8 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Honestly, I think he sounds better than he tells us. His voice sounds a bit older (I thought it was someone maybe around 50 singing this... :rofl2:), but he holds a note.

It is just normal singing, not a genius-like singing. But definitely not a disaster. :68468287:

I trust you about  this because I am really not an expert (except when people Really sings badly and it’s very evident )but then he’s already a genius skater so that’s not bad😂

About the Olympic Games I really hope he will be part of it some how,I know it’s the summer games but it would be nice to have a tiny moment with Yuzuru maybe during the opening ceremony?

The opening ceremony is my fave bit I love the coming of all these people from all over the world and I love the incredible shows it usually is ....again wishful thinking 😉

4 hours ago, Dreamer said:

can I defend the singing? 

The sound system has a lot of impact on sound as well as the room itself which affects acoustics..And of course the quality of the recording.

Going back to the source: have to have a great voice...I think Yuzu probably has your average singing voice but I can't tell from the 'tinny' quality of the recorded singing in the video.

I don't know how good or bad Yuzu's singing voice is, but I'm 100% sure:

If he's ever forced to sing in public and doesn't feel comfortable, ToshI will beam himself into the backstage area and volunteer as his backing track :xD:

Ah, Yuzu's singing is fine. It's just the voice of an average person with a decent ear who can basically keep on the note (I would expect nothing less from headphone-senshu) but obviously has no vocal training and has never practiced seriously.

With lessons he could probably become The Cute One of a boy band, who can carry his part well enough, provide nice harmonies, hold a kitten in a photoshoot and pull off a lot of different pastel hair colours, but is probably never voted Best Vocals in a fan poll. :laughing:

15 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Ah, Yuzu's singing is fine. It's just the voice of an average person with a decent ear who can basically keep on the note (I would expect nothing less from headphone-senshu) but obviously has no vocal training and has never practiced seriously.

With lessons he could probably become The Cute One of a boy band, who can carry his part well enough, provide nice harmonies, hold a kitten in a photoshoot and pull off a lot of different pastel hair colours, but is probably never voted Best Vocals in a fan poll. :laughing:

I'd vote for yuzu :swordfight:

43 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

If Yuzu were in a kpop group he'd probably be the center position and main dancer :xD:  but honestly i think he's born to do solo

---

speaking of his vocal, back then i always thought he sang Hana Ni Nare