General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

This is great for getting an idea for the judges' reaction to the programs. Regarding difficulty, I think it'd also help seeing the BV of the programs at the times, and, just for kicks, the number and types of quads (as it seems for other skaters, at least, PCS seems to depend on that). IMO, technically, Origin is more difficult than H&L and Seimei, because it's also a pretty different type of choreography and it feels busier (except for the opening and we know he was planning a 4A there, so that's probably why it was fairly empty; not even Yuzu can probably do 4A from the beginning for a million transitions).

The reason I didn't list out BVs & GOEs is because values and no. of jumps have changed in 2018/19, so a bit hard to compare directly. Also H&L, Seimei 2.0 and Origin were all planned 4 quads two 3A programs, so the technical difficulty is roughly similar.  BVs of popped programs are also not comparable to ones without pops. H&L and Origin had the 4lp, Seimei 2.0 started with 4Lz, but by the Olympics had only 4T and 4S.  Which is why I find these three seasons largely comparable. Based on the protocols of the competitions I have listed,  other than Olympics 18 and NHK 15 getting exemplary GOEs for successful jumps, the other ones all had middling GOEs given (since they were the first three skates of a 4 quads program). The number of and type of mistake are listed for the sake of seeing how close to being clean Yuzu managed to get on each attempt. 

One would think H&L with slower music and less busy choreography is easier and more PCS friendly than Origin. But if you actually compare the first three skates, Yuzu wasn't skating less clean in Origin compared to H&L, and in fact getting better PCS for similar amounts of mistakes (maybe busier choreography did get him some more marks). And overall,  Origin is not that far off Seimei in terms of trajectory.  Interestingly, the first time he cleaned Semei at NHK, he got 97 PCS. When he first cleaned H&L he also got 97 PCS. I guess its left to see where Origin will be if cleaned (that is if he really is recycling it this season)   

14 hours ago, TallyT said:

And we promptly all wanted it to be kept... preferably forever.   :201111231756430f6::201111231756430f6::201111231756430f6::201111231756430f6:

I'm going to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU YUZU FOR MASQUERADE, even if we never see another performance of it, wow, such a gift!

I 'regularly' get completely entranced and obsessed by his programs, mostly the competitive ones but then came Swanyu... but the level of obsession for Masquerade feels different somehow. I can only hope that now that he's tried this style on he can find a way to give us MOAR (in competition or exhibition).

By what I've seen in fan art and tribute videos, I am apparently not the only one!

This is an absolutely brilliant fan edit and helps me learn a little Japanese :-)

This one also is beautiful and quite touching, I like all the old POTO footage- he sure had to work hard that year, poor guy!

Even if I was in the SLIGHTEST disappointed by the (potential) return of Origin and Otonal (and I'm NOT), he gave us Crystal Memories and Masquerade... in a year where he is still recovering from injury, and I'm sure doing everything he can to take back his World Champion crown in Montreal, along with attempting to master the MONSTER quad axel (and maybe throw in the odd 4Lz and 4F along the way). He is magical, he is a miracle, we are so blessed! 

Ganbatte Yuzu!!!!

:hachimaki:

As far as I can tell, these will be by lottery and only available within Japan. They’re handmade so iirc less than 100 total will be available. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

The person who makes them also makes tributes to their favourite skaters (not for sale) and have made a fair few Yuzu necklaces.

Even one of Brian! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

As far as I can tell, these will be by lottery and only available within Japan. They’re handmade so iirc less than 100 total will be available. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

The person who makes them also makes tributes to their favourite skaters (not for sale) and have made a fair few Yuzu necklaces.

Those are exquisite! 

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Both of these tributes are gorgeous... I do hope someone can upload pictures of the exhibition! See, this is what we mean about Yuzuru touching hearts all over the world...

Hace 3 horas, SparkleSalad said:

OMG :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow: those are gorgeous!!!! I want one!!!!!!!!!!:sorrow:

Hace 2 horas, kaeryth said:

This makes me soooo happy!!!!!!!!! I’m so proud of this fanart exhibition happening in South America:dancingpooh:!!!!! :knc_brian1: 

As I shared here recently and before 2018 OG, I’m happy with and support whatever Yuzu chooses.

:tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: I’m grateful for his existence and everything he brings.:tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

For those who make negative criticism about Yuzu’s choices, they must know that

:tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg:Yuzu …

- has overcome his injuries and won 2 OGGs;

- has donated a lot of money to his country from his different incomes over the years, including all the prize money he got from the 2 OGs.

He has started to donate money before he has become rich and famous;

- has brought us lots of inspirations;

- doesn’t owe anyone anything;

- won’t cost anyone any money or anything whether or not he reuses any programs.:tumblr_meh76xcNA91qdlkyg:

:tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:Wish Yuzu safe, healthy and happy in whatever he wants to do and pursue.:tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

On 7/31/2019 at 5:58 PM, KatjaThera said:

I sometimes wonder how embarrassed Yuzu might feel to face these people who get attacked by his fans online... I'd be surprised if there was no awkwardness facing Johnny this Summer. Or how it must have been to see Lilian after this mess. Or any of the other people who get attacked. I imagine how he probably has to apologize to some of these people and that alone would be enough to make me shut up. It's irrelevant if the people that were attacked were really in the wrong or not. Yuzu and his team can handle it when people are in the wrong (see Johnny at FaOI, although that was apparently poorly handled, IMO). He still has to meet most of them and be civil and I know I'd feel like crap. Especially when the fans aren't very often calmly pointing out things or explaining. Many times they're vicious and that's unacceptable, regardless of anything. And Yuzu is the one who has to apologize for it or at the very least face these people and act like nothing's wrong. Yuzu is against bullying of any kind. I don't understand why his fans just cannot comprehend that.

I have different opinions on some of the points.

1)    For what happened during last season and FaOI, isn’t Johnny the one who felt awkward instead of Yuzu?

2)    There is no evidence that the letter was actually written by Yuzu’s fan(s) so we must not think / believe that it is actually related to Yuzu and his fans.

Only the one who wrote the letter ought to be ashamed of her/himself and be blamed.

Also, it may be a conspiracy? But I won’t elaborate it here for it’s just a conspiracy. 

3)     There are some haters or antis who claim, pretend and make people believe that they are Yuzu’s fans.

They do or say vicious or outrageous things so as to make people think bad of Yuzu’s fans and even want Yuzu to be affected.

Yep, even though I would prefer both new programs I kinda came to accept that both will be recycled.

What I keep thinking these days is the both Jeff and ShaeLyn moved to the States and it won't be as easy for him to communicate with both of them as before. We obviously haven't heard anything about him going to the US so I would just assume that he didn't, so that also leaves more arguments about leaving both programs. In terms of tweaking some choreo changes - we know ShaeLyn sent him video for Masquerade and he did it and it is probable to do it through such video exchange but still it is a competitive programs and personal touch and discussion would be much more suitable.

6 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

You can enter the lottery or try to purchase online here:

https://www.chacott-jp.com/news/shoplesson/new/detail013485.html

How to buy

We plan to sell a certain number of items each month, but due to hand-made works, the quantity that can be produced in a month is limited. Thank you for your understanding.... 
 we have prepared two types of sales methods : 1 advance lottery sales and 2 first-come-first-served sales . 

It doesn't look like they ship overseas.

12 hours ago, Anki said:

One would think H&L with slower music and less busy choreography is easier and more PCS friendly than Origin. But if you actually compare the first three skates, Yuzu wasn't skating less clean in Origin compared to H&L, and in fact getting better PCS for similar amounts of mistakes (maybe busier choreography did get him some more marks). And overall,  Origin is not that far off Seimei in terms of trajectory.  Interestingly, the first time he cleaned Semei at NHK, he got 97 PCS. When he first cleaned H&L he also got 97 PCS. I guess its left to see where Origin will be if cleaned (that is if he really is recycling it this season)   

Thank you for your detailed analysis! Out of curiosity I looked up all PCS that Yuzu received for his FS since the 15/16 season (except Nationals):

Event Seimei 1.0 H&L Seimei 2.0 Origin
ACI 92.10 86.60 89.50 87.90
GP1 88.94 88.12 94.38 92.42
GP2 97.20 92.52 - 90.64
GPF 98.56 92.36 - -
4CC - 94.34 - -
OWG - - 96.62 -
WC 92.02 97.08 - 95.84
WTT - 93.56 - -

Overall I would say that the judges liked Seimei the most and Origin and H&L are on similar level more or less. I'm still baffled that Olympic Seimei with a missed combo and two wonky jumps received nearly the same PCS score as the absolute flawless H&L in Helsinki (less than 0.5 points difference). Sure, the SP placements, starting order and different judging panels played a role, but still. Helsinki H&L really deserved better PCS than 97 imo.

7 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

These are absolutely amazing! :tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw: I'm so awed by the level of mastery and talent of this artist. :clapping-smiley:

6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Yes!!! This is exactly what Yuzu fan artists deserve! I've already seen so many Yuzu fan arts that are just true masterpieces! It's wonderful how Yuzu inspires so many talented and dedicated artists to create such beautiful pieces. I hope that this will inspire more such exhibitions in other parts of the world. :cheer: