General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

sorry i'm going to go off the tangent with the discussion here but I want to share something amusing to me. Just now I was chatting with a colleague, who is chinese, and I told him I will be going to Canada in September and October. And we were at the topic of traveling and he said he will be visiting Vietnam and would also like to visit other parts of asia in the future. I agreed with him and then he said he's not that interested in Europe. I told him I used to be like that until I started following figure skating, which perks my interest in visiting European countries. Then he shared that his mom used to watch figure skating on TV. Then the fanyu in me immediately jumped out. This was our conversation:

Me: Please tell your mom to watch Yuzuru Hanyu. He's the reason why I'm going to Canada. 

Friend: Oh, you're going watch him?

Me: Yes! He's a legendary skater. 

Friend: *looked him up on google* oh damn he's only 24. 

Me: Yeah he's the Messi/Ronaldo of the sport. He's also popular in China

Friend: and good looking too

Me: Yess *inserted blushing emoji*

Friend: Oh no, you're showing the fangirl in you haha

Me: Man I can't, I'm letting it slip through, didn't I

Friend: Hahaha yeah *continued to do some googling.* Look at all those medals.

Me: Yes, but unfortunately things have starting to change a little because he's gotten injured so many times over the years. He's skating on injuries multiple times. He won his second Olympic gold medal on injured ankles

Friend: Ouch

Me: Yeah, and --- (basically I gave him a novel of how corrupted the isu is)

Friend: That's not fair

Me: Yeah, well you should totally check him out tonight, read his wiki and you'll understand. You can watch his two programs: Chopin and Seimei

Friend: What are two programs

Me: Basically there's a short program and a free skate, and they are competitive pieces skaters choose for each season to present to the judges and audience. (another essay about what those are)

Friend: Cool, i'm bookmarking my searches--

Me: I have to log off soon. I don't usually do this but here's my numbers, if you have any questions about them as you go through you can text me!

Friend: (he was laughing his butt off through his emojis seeing how fangirling I was) 

---

So that was my sales pitch to attempt infanyunating (was this the lingo we came up??) someone :darklordyuzu: we chatted through Skype Business, so if I ever get fired...you know why haha things I do for yuzu

"Do you have a minute to talk about our Troll Lord Yuzuru Hanyu? Here, have a copy of Ao Hono. "  :xD:

28 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

Update later with his response :68468287:

I'm tempted to text him and be like "...have you watched it yet?" :peek:

9 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

"Do you have a minute to talk about our Troll Lord Yuzuru Hanyu? Here, have a copy of Ao Hono. "  :xD:

Me walks in the office at 7am, throws a copy of Ao Hono and Yuzuru II on his desk with a note saying, "i need a fanyu review by 10"

:hachimaki:

3 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

I'm tempted to text him and be like "...have you watched it yet?" :peek:

Me walks in the office at 7am, throws a copy of Ao Hono and Yuzuru II on his desk with a note saying, "i need a fanyu review by 10"

:hachimaki:

:darklordyuzu::LOL:

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

What if this was ultimate troll move and we all now believe that he is recycling, at ACI he takes Origin starting position and suddenly Roxanne starts to play?

I LOVE this idea (ok not the Roxanne part!) that Yuzu would deliberately troll us,  playing the music knowing what conclusion we'd draw! WOW the reaction at ACI!!! 

I only rule it out because I think he would anticipate the kid posting the videos would get some backlash,  and I don't think he could ever put someone in that position, even voluntarily.  Yuzu is too honorable! 

But still it's really fun to imagine what if he did...

:kitty:

Hmmm, haven't checked in for a while... so the thoughts are that he's going to recycle his programs...

Well, I would be somewhat disappointed, tbh. Like others, I was no big fan of his skating tribute programs in the first place, but I was fine with it since it would be just one year and he deserved the opportunity to do something important to him, personally... but, really, to me he did Otonal to its very best,  and of the two that is the one I'd want to see again. Being selfish, however,  I want new material from him all the time, as much as I can get... but knowing how much he always regrets things when he can't perform as he wishes it wouldn't surprise me to see those programs back... so that he can really feel as if he's pleased his idols. The problem is that I"m not sure how much the judges will be pleased....

I wish he'd get back to doing a *cool* competitive program rather than recycled stuff... he's already at somewhat of a disadvantage with the judges ( we 've see how his PCS advantage withered away this season and this coming year it will probably be even closer) and if the competition brings out fresh material, well, you never know how the judges will react and who will have the momentum, no matter if Yuzu brings new 4s...

But those things are for him to decide and worry about. He who always calculates everything. For me, life is simple.  I have tickets to ACI.  I"m just going to enjoy seeing him in person again and that truly is the best gift.

I think we have to remember that Yuzuru has been at this game since he was little more than a bub (and he's had it rough sometimes) and Brian's been at it longer than Yuzuru's been alive.

They know, better than any of us, the way the ISU and judges work or don't.  They know if repeating Origin is a gamble, and would have calculated the pros and cons to a fault.  They are way better fitted to work out if it's worth it.

(Alternately, Yuzu may just love it, music and skate, even with all the pain last year, more than we can know.  And if that was the case... why not?)

I don't think Otonal has been skated to full potential *ducks* His landing on the combo at CoR was a bit off, and his posture could be improved, especially in the step sequence (and tbh I think the waistline of the costume accentuates this--I hope there are some costume alterations). Overall the program is not at the level of Chopin yet. Plus he could always upgrade the tech content, though I'm not sure it would be worth it from a risk reward standpoint.

21 minutes ago, Neenah said:

To be fair, Yuzu did give us two new programs this year. Not competitive programs, but new nonetheless. One of them (Masquerade) was skated more times than Origin  :biggrin:

And we promptly all wanted it to be kept... preferably forever.   :201111231756430f6::201111231756430f6::201111231756430f6::201111231756430f6:

12 hours ago, mercedes said:

I did the huge mistake to rea dsome comments on IG and twitter and I honestly don't know how these people live theor lifes,because never I'd dare to insul and harass a 17 y.o. boy in such a way...bunch of coward that's way they are:Just_Cuz_15:

I'm not sure what is worse:

1. The ugly and rude comments and some people acting like TCC's privacy officers. I'm 100% sure that the club can handle cases like this on their own and public bullying on Insta is the very last thing they need.

2. The fact that some people have nothing else to do than lurking 24h on other skaters' Insta accounts for crucial leaks. Whatever they hope to find, they know that it will cause everyone unnecessary trouble. Sometimes it's better not to know about anything.

In this case I think that for Yuzu and the club this Origin leak is not a big deal or at least not as big as those people think.

I sometimes wonder how embarrassed Yuzu might feel to face these people who get attacked by his fans online... I'd be surprised if there was no awkwardness facing Johnny this Summer. Or how it must have been to see Lilian after this mess. Or any of the other people who get attacked. I imagine how he probably has to apologize to some of these people and that alone would be enough to make me shut up. It's irrelevant if the people that were attacked were really in the wrong or not. Yuzu and his team can handle it when people are in the wrong (see Johnny at FaOI, although that was apparently poorly handled, IMO). He still has to meet most of them and be civil and I know I'd feel like crap. Especially when the fans aren't very often calmly pointing out things or explaining. Many times they're vicious and that's unacceptable, regardless of anything. And Yuzu is the one who has to apologize for it or at the very least face these people and act like nothing's wrong. Yuzu is against bullying of any kind. I don't understand why his fans just cannot comprehend that.

Also, this kind of knee-jerk, vicious reaction also contributes to the bad reputation of Yuzu fans. And gives arguments to those claiming we're all just mindless fangirls who will crucify anyone who isn't pro-Yuzu. All fans are so mad about that reputation, but then some of them go and act in ways that only seem to confirm it... I don't get people, sometimes, I really don't...

13 hours ago, glilikoi said:

It might not be exactly the same question, but I think he's sort of answered it in this pre-Worlds documentary -

I guess this would be his ultimate dream layout for Origin, at least.

Yes but the ultimate dream program doesn't necessary limited to "competition" program. I was thinking more like his life work, the ultimate fs program so it could be anything really:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: