General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

So if I ask Yuzu one question, it could be like "What is your ultimate dream program and the layout?" 

It might not be exactly the same question, but I think he's sort of answered it in this pre-Worlds documentary -

I guess this would be his ultimate dream layout for Origin, at least.

I did the huge mistake to rea dsome comments on IG and twitter and I honestly don't know how these people live theor lifes,because never I'd dare to insul and harass a 17 y.o. boy in such a way...bunch of coward that's way they are:Just_Cuz_15:

Yuzuru may not be on sns but he doesn't live under a glass dome,i'm sure he knows and if the video it's still there it means he doesn't care....I loved Origin since day one and I'm sure he will leave me speechless this time to no matter what he skates!

7 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I think he said something a long time ago about doing H&L run through with 4Lz as his last jump, too, so we really don't see a fraction of the stuff he actually does. :lol: Which explains why Brian is going balder faster than we are.

That implies that, as wild and crazy and risky as we think some of Yuzu's competition layouts seem, he's actually toning them down compared to what the limits of his abilities really are. What seems crazy risky for anyone else, is, in fact, playing it safe for Yuzu. He's just that much over and beyond what others are capable of. 

Now that's a truly mind-blowing thought. :goat:

6 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Just imagine if - after all that drama and all these speculations on PH and social media - it turns out that what happened was that someone just accidentally clicked on the wrong song in the playlist of the TCC computer! :rofl:

I can't help but feel that the universe will do this to us at least once...if only to remind us not to be too full of ourselves...:embSwan:

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

I wonder what would be Jeff's reaction if Zu asked him to do tribute to himself (Jeff skated SSS in Torino).:happy0007:

Probably something like 'Dude, no. Please no. Don't make me remember.'  Jeff has mentioned publicly more than once how bad his nerves were in Torino. In fact, he made a piece about it for SOI Canada 2018. 

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

What if this was ultimate troll move and we all now believe that he is recycling, at ACI he takes Origin starting position and suddenly Roxanne starts to play?

and what if it was a slow, sad, draggy Roxanne (like what Brendan Kerry (unforgiveably) did to Grease last year)? 

6 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Just imagine if - after all that drama and all these speculations on PH and social media - it turns out that what happened was that someone just accidentally clicked on the wrong song in the playlist of the TCC computer! :rofl: :darklordyuzu:

While I think it's completely natural that people draw the conclusion Yuzu is recycling from this clip, I also think it's honestly not that unlikely the song is playing for some other reason. I don't really want to start speculating because there are lots of possibilities, but it's not like the only reason they could possibly be playing the song is that Yuzu is practicing his FP, so it's not exactly proof of anything at all. We can't know either way until he actually makes it official - I wouldn't be surprised either way.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

What if this was ultimate troll move and we all now believe that he is recycling, at ACI he takes Origin starting position and suddenly Roxanne starts to play?

Being the ultimate King of Trolls, at ACI, Yuzu would take Origin starting position wearing his Origin costume, then suddenly tear off his costume to reveal a red and black, sparkly lace costume and then: ROOOOOOXAAANNE! :10814716:

I'm swithering.  Obviously I would love something new because all the more candies for the fans but on the other hand, a perfect (okay, perfect to humans not Yuzus) Origin would be something to treasure, I loved it from the first (that FAoI encore just reminded me how much) and he has only done it four times.

We can hope for a redesigned costume along with the resdesigned layout, surely? Pretty please?

But nothing is definite until announced in one form or another...

sorry i'm going to go off the tangent with the discussion here but I want to share something amusing to me. Just now I was chatting with a colleague, who is chinese, and I told him I will be going to Canada in September and October. And we were at the topic of traveling and he said he will be visiting Vietnam and would also like to visit other parts of asia in the future. I agreed with him and then he said he's not that interested in Europe. I told him I used to be like that until I started following figure skating, which perks my interest in visiting European countries. Then he shared that his mom used to watch figure skating on TV. Then the fanyu in me immediately jumped out. This was our conversation:

Me: Please tell your mom to watch Yuzuru Hanyu. He's the reason why I'm going to Canada. 

Friend: Oh, you're going watch him?

Me: Yes! He's a legendary skater. 

Friend: *looked him up on google* oh damn he's only 24. 

Me: Yeah he's the Messi/Ronaldo of the sport. He's also popular in China

Friend: and good looking too

Me: Yess *inserted blushing emoji*

Friend: Oh no, you're showing the fangirl in you haha

Me: Man I can't, I'm letting it slip through, didn't I

Friend: Hahaha yeah *continued to do some googling.* Look at all those medals.

Me: Yes, but unfortunately things have starting to change a little because he's gotten injured so many times over the years. He's skating on injuries multiple times. He won his second Olympic gold medal on injured ankles

Friend: Ouch

Me: Yeah, and --- (basically I gave him a novel of how corrupted the isu is)

Friend: That's not fair

Me: Yeah, well you should totally check him out tonight, read his wiki and you'll understand. You can watch his two programs: Chopin and Seimei

Friend: What are two programs

Me: Basically there's a short program and a free skate, and they are competitive pieces skaters choose for each season to present to the judges and audience. (another essay about what those are)

Friend: Cool, i'm bookmarking my searches--

Me: I have to log off soon. I don't usually do this but here's my numbers, if you have any questions about them as you go through you can text me!

Friend: (he was laughing his butt off through his emojis seeing how fangirling I was) 

---

So that was my sales pitch to attempt infanyunating (was this the lingo we came up??) someone :darklordyuzu: we chatted through Skype Business, so if I ever get fired...you know why haha things I do for yuzu

43 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

sorry i'm going to go off the tangent with the discussion here but I want to share something amusing to me. Just now I was chatting with a colleague, who is chinese, and I told him I will be going to Canada in September and October. And we were at the topic of traveling and he said he will be visiting Vietnam and would also like to visit other parts of asia in the future. I agreed with him and then he said he's not that interested in Europe. I told him I used to be like that until I started following figure skating, which perks my interest in visiting European countries. Then he shared that his mom used to watch figure skating on TV. Then the fanyu in me immediately jumped out. This was our conversation:

Me: Please tell your mom to watch Yuzuru Hanyu. He's the reason why I'm going to Canada. 

Friend: Oh, you're going watch him?

Me: Yes! He's a legendary skater. 

Friend: *looked him up on google* oh damn he's only 24. 

Me: Yeah he's the Messi/Ronaldo of the sport. He's also popular in China

Friend: and good looking too

Me: Yess *inserted blushing emoji*

Friend: Oh no, you're showing the fangirl in you haha

Me: Man I can't, I'm letting it slip through, didn't I

Friend: Hahaha yeah *continued to do some googling.* Look at all those medals.

Me: Yes, but unfortunately things have starting to change a little because he's gotten injured so many times over the years. He's skating on injuries multiple times. He won his second Olympic gold medal on injured ankles

Friend: Ouch

Me: Yeah, and --- (basically I gave him a novel of how corrupted the isu is)

Friend: That's not fair

Me: Yeah, well you should totally check him out tonight, read his wiki and you'll understand. You can watch his two programs: Chopin and Seimei

Friend: What are two programs

Me: Basically there's a short program and a free skate, and they are competitive pieces skaters choose for each season to present to the judges and audience. (another essay about what those are)

Friend: Cool, i'm bookmarking my searches--

Me: I have to log off soon. I don't usually do this but here's my numbers, if you have any questions about them as you go through you can text me!

Friend: (he was laughing his butt off through his emojis seeing how fangirling I was) 

---

So that was my sales pitch to attempt infanyunating (was this the lingo we came up??) someone :darklordyuzu: we chatted through Skype Business, so if I ever get fired...you know why haha things I do for yuzu

Update later with his response :68468287:

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Being the ultimate King of Trolls, at ACI, Yuzu would take Origin starting position wearing his Origin costume, then suddenly tear off his costume to reveal a red and black, sparkly lace costume and then: ROOOOOOXAAANNE! :10814716:

I don't think the roof at Sixteen MIle would withstand the screams, if he did that.