General Yuzuru Chat

I’m just grateful he exists and he is still skating, and still pushing his tech in his never ending search for perfection. :201111231756430f6: He’s not the kind what would rehash something without making meaningful touch ups to it - he has too much integrity in him to even allow pre-rotations. I don’t really care what program he does because I’m sure he will always put love and care into everything he does. 

BESP uncles said before - his attention to details are second to none. :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Poor Brian has probably made peace with the loss of his hair a long time ago... :darklordyuzu:

I was half asleep and read this "Poor Brian has probably made a (hair) piece with the lost hair :smiley_hairpull: a long time ago...:happy0007:

40 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Do you recall how much Yuzuru had to work and work and work (3X) on Chopin in order to polish it to (near)  perfection at Pyeongchang?   I remember the many difficulties he had in his early outings of Chopin 1.0, when he rarely had a clean run-through.  Frankly, I did not like his initial presentation of Chopin because he seemed to have trouble with the choreo and didn't seem to own it.  But it was clearly a musical piece worth returning to - time and time again - to refine and hone his interpretational skills.  Perhaps he feels that Origin is another piece worth polishing to bring out the deep dark light from within his soul and music...

I agree. To recycle or not to recycle, when Yuzu puts his mind to it, the end result would be a mind blowing program so I'm not worried about his choice. And black or white, haters gonna hate for what it is or what is not.  I won't worry about them either. I may get annoyed with their comments occasionally but haters won't be making history so they can cry or rant for all they want. I see commentators or living room/laptop critics the same way - they are a part of the background. They never gonna be in the limelight of fs scenes. What they say may give some people with the same mind some degree of satisfaction but so what. I can never be like haters - not just hanyu/fanyu haters but haters in general. I can't be bothered spending my time for something I don't like!! What's the point??:confused: 

So if I ask Yuzu one question, it could be like "What is your ultimate dream program and the layout?" 

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Mmmm, I disagree. Imo part between 3a and combo (1:21-1:41) can be done better (not execution, but choreo).

Hide contents

Ummm, yeah. I actually made an edit in which I just cut out the part between 1:35-1:40, because it seemed empty and unnecessary - I think that's the part that was added to move the combo to the second half.

Wow! :jaw:It's the first time when Yuzu is recycling his LP (except for SEMEI but that was a special circumstance - Olys and all). Tbh, I'm kinda torn. I'm okay with everything he chooses but I was hopping for a new LP...eh, maybe he will give us a new sparkling rock SP and a new costume for his LP. On the other hand I'm happy that he's still competing. He can do everything he wants! I'm just happy to see him in competitions one more season! I miss him so much.

44 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Ummm, yeah. I actually made an edit in which I just cut out the part between 1:35-1:40, because it seemed empty and unnecessary - I think that's the part that was added to move the combo to the second half.

The thing is: with the narrow rules that we currently have it's nearly impossible to construct a program that maximizes the scoring output and still leaves room for a perfectly fitting choreography. Every jump has a specific rhythm, airtime and entry pattern, so it must be very tricky to cut a music piece that fits all these criteria for three or even seven jumps. Not to mention the order of the elements, the breathing rooms and your stamina limits. In the SP you have a little bit more options to play with the composition of your program, but it's still tough as Otonal has shown. Scoringwise the COR layout was the ideal solution.

In the FS you get max output, when you start with a cascade of your four biggest solo jumps followed by a spin to fill the first half, then go for the three combinations early in the second half and complete the remaining elements in whatever order. However, dramaturgically this is contraproductive, because the tension of the program is more or less gone after the 3:00 mark. Your spins and sequences must be stellar to keep the excitement high until the end and we know how many skaters can do that...

One thing about Yuzu's program choices that I hardly see discussed is that in his senior years, he always has a 'feminine/soft/flowy' program and a 'masculine/hard/fierce' program each season. They are a balance! And this summer he talked about the pairing of Masquerade and Crystal Memories that have a balance and belong together. I'm quite sure he is very deliberate about this.

So, if he's keeping Origin then I think its very very unlikely he won't keep Otonal. Yes, he's had a couple of nearly perfect skates with Otonal but I have no doubt he can do even better (a la Chopin). Maybe he'd like to do it with a 4Lz? But if he does something new, I think the replacement will be another soft, flowy number (I LOVE LGC, but I don't see it happening).

I think all this outrage about the 'unauthorized reveal' is a bit much. I would guess skipping media day has more to do with it just not being convenient (he needs his game time with Fire Emblem, after all) instead of it being 'necessary' that it be kept a secret. In terms of what his competition wants to know, how does this help them? It doesn't. If there is anything worth keeping under wraps it's more specifically, HOWZ THAT 4A COMING ALONG???? For that, I believe he would cancel media day. 

And we DIDN'T get a sneak peak at his jumps in that instagram, so that's fine, but I think the fact that his music was in the rotation means he is THERE, he is TRAINING, he is NOT INJURED and that's all I really need to know!

I obviously prefer new programs because every single new program is a gift (like srsly how amazing were otonal and origin, we were so spoiled ;;) and I'm greedy and want as many as I can get. But I do see why Yuzu would feel that Origin hasn't been skated to its potential. It was really good at Worlds but he was obviously still injured with lower stamina, and the footwork especially during the quick trill-y violin notes wasn't as fast as we had seen at the beginning of the season. I'm super stoked to see the new costume and the new version as I'm sure both will be amazing. 

P.S. Regarding privacy at TCC, I honestly don't think TCC nor Yuzu cares that much. The secrecy around the Olympics was obviously strategically important, but that was a special case. If TCC cared that much about leaks they would tell skaters not to record or post on social media, and the skaters would probably obey. But I don't think it's that serious.

I think its become this big because we hear the music and I believe this is the first time that happen. Most of the time those TCC IG clips are muted or its skater's own music. I have no doubt this is just mistake, and its very unfortunate (you can hear Evgenia's LP music in one of the clips) and hopefully all people involved would be more careful. I dont know about TCC's policies and how Yuzuru and his team deal with all these sns meterial but I hope this won't effect too much on that junior boy and Yuzuru. 

Again, there's no confirmation atm. We'll know everything by ACI or even sooner *cross all fingers* and have a whole season to talk and complain about that.

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

So, among SP options are Chopin 4.0, Turandot, Four Seasons, The Godfather, Sing sing sing and Samson and Delilah. What do you prefer?:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

On the other hand Johnny skated Otoñal in Torino.:13877886:

Sing Sing Sing Pls 💙

The one he skated in CiONTU looked so good even without jumps.