General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Just imagine if - after all that drama and all these speculations on PH and social media - it turns out that what happened was that someone just accidentally clicked on the wrong song in the playlist of the TCC computer! :rofl: :darklordyuzu:

OMG poor kid if that was the case lol

Just now, Paskud said:

So, among SP options are Chopin 4.0, Turandot, Four Seasons, The Godfather, Sing sing sing and Samson and Delilah. What do you prefer?:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

On the other hand Johnny skated Otoñal in Torino.:13877886:

I'm all for Sing Sing Sing! (Though I do love Otonal.) Jazzy Zu is killer Zu! 

:dancingpooh:

1 hour ago, Ashley2162018 said:

I am quite surprised about some comments there that the kid is not respecting yuzu's space.

Are comments that bad? It's clearly just an unfortunate slip, come on... :facepalm:

I have very mixed feelings about Origin. One part of my brain is uber excited because I want to see the program to its full potential. That 4A gong alone could be so striking... And given the technical up that he is clearly aiming for, recycling is strategically smart. Hopefully they can rework on the "troubling" parts and optimize the layout and choreography for scoring and stamina. We'll have to trust Yuzu & his team for now. The other part of my brain is greedy and wants to see new programs from Yuzu just because I want to see so much of everything from him... I blame FaOI's awesomeness for this :8788161:

Either way, we know the drill, following Yuzu is always a roller coaster of emotions. So for now, "wait and see"... :meditationf:

(But I will laugh so hard if this is somehow a misunderstanding and he is not recycling Origin :laughing:)

I like Origin and wouldn't mind if he keeps it, but I would be curious how he'd restructure the program, and how much the music cuts would change too (because as others have pointed out already it'd needed certain changes).

I'd just wait now until official announcement and his thoughts about the program. But I'll trust him whatever he choses to do as long as he's healthy and fine :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

10 minutes ago, Paskud said:

On the other hand Johnny skated Otoñal in Torino.:13877886:

:smiley-scared005:

I could see he skates to a new SP though, Otonal has already reached its potential imo while Origin not (even though Yuzu would disagree with this :P).

Ehh.....my kneejerk reaction re: Origin is not enthusiasm, because I think the music puts him at a disadvantage PCS-wise. I've probably ranted about this before. But if it comes back, I have confidence that it will come back as a better program choreographically than it was last season. And if recycling helps Yuzu stabilize his new tech and makes him more mentally comfortable and at less risk of injury going into the season, then I am 100% for that.

12 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I could see he skates to a new SP though, Otonal has already reached its potential imo while Origin not (even though Yuzu would disagree with this :P).

Mmmm, I disagree. Imo part between 3a and combo (1:21-1:41) can be done better (not execution, but choreo).

Spoiler

Do you recall how much Yuzuru had to work and work and work (3X) on Chopin in order to polish it to (near)  perfection at Pyeongchang?   I remember the many difficulties he had in his early outings of Chopin 1.0, when he rarely had a clean run-through.  Frankly, I did not like his initial presentation of Chopin because he seemed to have trouble with the choreo and didn't seem to own it.  But it was clearly a musical piece worth returning to - time and time again - to refine and hone his interpretational skills.  Perhaps he feels that Origin is another piece worth polishing to bring out the deep dark light from within his soul and music...

Because I really miss him, I want to post this open fan letter.

Dear Yuzu,

As long as you skate we are fine. No long lines will tire us. Cold weather cannot threathen our enthusiam. We are all well trained for bloody ticket wars now.

Despite the crazy ticket prices, we can try to at least save for one just to see you. Or take our chance to volunteer. And if all else fails in the wee hours of the morning, we will crawl out of bed to stream online and cheer you on.

Thank you for continuing into season '19-'20, time spent with you is always best cherished.

**To all his haters, I hope one day you get two OGM's and double life size monuments to boot.

:snbleh:

I guess most of us were kind of braced for Origin 2.0! :D Maybe he's full of kuyashii that he couldn't do justice to the vision he gave us a glimpse of on media day. Saitama Origin was gutwrenching and spectacular and soul-destroying in some ways but it wasn't The Origin That Was Promised. I can't complain about the prospect of getting That Origin That Was Promised even if I'm worried about judges and so on, but there's no way to tell how judges would take a new programme, either.

I'm just stacking up all my staplers to throw at people who try any nonsense DiscourseTM about him recycling, I'm not standing for any of it. 

Yuzu has 360 degrees awareness about everything around him, so if he really meant to recycle his programs, I guess the intent of not having media day was strategic to avoid any unnecessary distraction/counter reaction. It is unfortunate that the IG video did just that. But I am more upset at haters for using this chance to sing the same narrative that all fanyus are crazy and obsessive rather than choosing to understand the logic behind the complaints in the comment section. Their assumption that origin playing in the background is just a background music is only as good as saying people crying out loud about privacy violation are all fanyus. But haters will be haters...judges will be judges...which also leads to what I want to say next and that is, Yuzu will be Yuzuru Hanyu. And by being Yuzuru Hanyu, he carries the unfair burden, expectation, standards, and pressures everyone has for him, including himself.

So thats my coping mechanism to tell myself the damage is done, hopefully the OP didnt do it intentionally, and we shouldnt be too caught up with it or his program choice. With or without the leakage, haters will have opinions and narratives about fanyus, which are out of our control.  With or without recycling Origin, they will have opinions and narratives about Yuzu, which is out of his control. But one thing Yuzu can control is how he chooses his programs. And one thing I can control is choosing to stand by his decision and support his product. Naturally as a fan, I want a lot of different things for him but I am not Yuzu, and I love Yuzu because he is who he is, not the Yuzu who is there for my convenience or to meet my expectation. He could be like many other skaters who only do what is asked of them, but because he isn't just another skater, he values self fulfillment --be it skating a program to its full potential or winning in his own definition even if it means double effort. So I had already half expected Origin to come back even before the IG post, and even if not now maybe Beijing? 😂 Jk...maybe not...For me, one of the reasons why Chopin and Seimei are so dear to my heart is because Yuzu and myself grow through the seasons with these pieces. 

19 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I guess most of us were kind of braced for Origin 2.0! :D Maybe he's full of kuyashii that he couldn't do justice to the vision he gave us a glimpse of on media day. Saitama Origin was gutwrenching and spectacular and soul-destroying in some ways but it wasn't The Origin That Was Promised. I can't complain about the prospect of getting That Origin That Was Promised even if I'm worried about judges and so on, but there's no way to tell how judges would take a new programme, either.

I'm just stacking up all my staplers to throw at people who try any nonsense DiscourseTM about him recycling, I'm not standing for any of it. 

But The Origin That Was Promised was gone after ACI...:68811363: