General Yuzuru Chat

16 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

In the waiting room of the Citizens' Office I thought a little bit about a possible Origin recycling.

If Yuzu plans to repeat it, it's an understandable choice. It doesn't make much sense to invest so much time, love and sweat in a choreography that you only skate four times in competition (twice with painkillers). I'm sure it would bother him to leave Origin like that. Considering the massive technical upgrade that he plans, it's good to have a familiar program anyway.

My concerns:

1. Origin - no matter which music cuts he picks - is an incredibly explosive and physically demanding program. I don't know, how much he has worked on his stamina and the efficiency of his movements, but Origin is a killer, especially with 4-5 quad monsters.

2. Yuzu has recycled a couple of programs in recent years and this could lead to annoying narratives again. I hope that it won't, but it's the skating community we're talking about... :slinkaway:

If Origin is the choice, I cross my toes and fingers that he can finally skate this program to his satisfaction. If not, I'm curious what it will be (unlikely, but let's wait and see).

Ah, the narrative. 

I'm not bothered about that because now, honestly? People who push narratives of any kind about Yuzu have made up their minds about him and the reasons why they say what they say don't have much to do with quality of skating. If he brought new programmes, they'd find reasons to trash his new programmes. Remember how they called Origin and Otonal recycling because he was paying tribute to his idols by using music made iconic by them?! Does anybody demand that any other skater not only have new programmes but also skate to music that has never been skated to before?!! 

So, knowing that those 'critics' will nitpick and find often nonexistent flaws no matter what he does, it's only fitting that their opinions and narratives are not allowed to matter in any way at all. Haters gonna hate. Deep in their hearts, they know how good Yuzu is. That's why they're so loud about it. 

I know some people don't like the repeat of tributes to other skaters.... but is Origin and Otonal really that much of a a tribute to Johnny and Plushenko? Yuzu mentioned where he got the program idea and music from, but that is about all he really said. 

If anything, and this may sound a bit narcissistic, the two programs appears more like a tribute to, or 'best of' Yuzu himself if you actually go back to his discussions about the program concepts with Jeff and SLB. In his most recent talk with Jeff in the pamphlet of FaOI about Otonal, he did not even mention Johnny' once. The program starts with him opening a book and walking down the road of memories - so if anything it is a program's about Yuzu's journey as a skater.

And Origin - the name says it all. I remember him also stating the program is a tribute to the child version of himself, reaching back to the pure roots of his love of skating. And in this sense SLB cleverly integrated the concept of Japanese folklore about the birth of a Japanese god - which I take her to mean Yuzu himself again. In other words, neither choreographer developed the programs with Johhny or Plushenko in their mind, and in my opinion neither really did Yuzu much outside of the music chosen and colours of the costume. 

If he really is recycling Origin, then as people has pointed out, the pacing of the program should be changed. Currently I think the prelude 

at the start is too long, which can wear out some people's patience, and because it is too long, it causes the rest of the music cut to be too jam packed and fast. He needs to cut down the prelude a bit and pace out the rest of the program more evenly, leaving just the fast music to the climax only.   

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

So, knowing that those 'critics' will nitpick and find often nonexistent flaws no matter what he does, it's only fitting that their opinions and narratives are not allowed to matter in any way at all. Haters gonna hate. Deep in their hearts, they know how good Yuzu is. That's why they're so loud about it. 

Now that I think about it... AYE.

No music choice in the world could change their mind. Probably. :3:

20 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Ah, the narrative. 

I'm not bothered about that because now, honestly? People who push narratives of any kind about Yuzu have made up their minds about him and the reasons why don't have much to do with quality of skating. If he brought new programmes, they'd find reasons to trash his new programmes. Remember how they called Origin and Otonal recycling because he was paying tribute to his idols by using music made iconic by them?! Does anybody demand that any other skater not only have new programmes but also skate to music that has never been skated before?!! 

:iagree:They were hating even on his donations for disaster areas.:shrug:

Personally speaking,  I would rather Origin not be recycled. One, because as some have mentioned it’s part of a pair of tribute programs that had its time and place in a post-Olympic triumphant year, and seeing only (?) Origin this season would feel out of context, somehow.

Two, and this is irrational, I’ve come to associate Origin with painful struggle. I remember wincing and hurting along with Yuzu’s skating in CoR, and then knowing the enormous pressure he must have been under during the FP at Saitama. I hoped he would be able to wipe the slate clean and move forward with new skates and new layouts packed with never seen before jumps.

But this is Yuzu’s decision to make. At the end of the day, I want him to be happy and healthy and if going with Origin makes it easier to deliver a mind-blowing programme that will blow everyone and their grandmothers out of the water, I’m all in. 

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

Maybe Origin will be his new Ex..

This possibility has crossed my mind too! But nah, it´s not likely, is it? :) And I would miss HYK, I think.. Shame that he´s not going to take the Masquerade as his new ex, THAT I would take whole-heartedly :drool1:  

As for me, I don´t like the idea of tributes as I said before, but I can sincerely say that my tepid attitude to Otonal and Origin is not because of my dislike of personalities of the tributed skaters. I managed to separate the Yuzuru´s routines from them. But still I can´t create a relationship with those programs, somehow I still feel as if they aren´t Yuzu´s and never was (even though I don´t think about Plush or Johnny when Yuzu´s performing at all).
Something is missing IMHO and I didn´t feel true connection between Zu and the routines (maybe in Rostelecom with Otonal, but even there it didn´t click perfectly for me). Most times I feel more like he was struggling a bit with them and not only because of a technical layout.. I don´t know, it was like it´s more stressful than pleasant for him to skate these. For me it was definitely somehow more stressful to watch him skate last season! :) Don´t know if it was because of him being tied up with feelings of responsibility to his idols or if it was something else, this is the way I felt and feeling still.
Just my two cents, it´s all just a speculation so far anyhow :) 

And speaking of speculations - I just hope he´ll stay healthy this season. Personally I don´t need or want to see him jumping 4F or 4Lz or 4Lo in the competitions..  in righteous FS world he wouldn´t have to do those jumps to win fair and square. Though I understand that Yuzu WANTS and NEEDS to be a leading force in every aspect of figure skating, as he always was :) As for 4A.. well it´s his biggest dream I guess (aside olympic gold medals) so I hope it will come true for him :smiley-angelic001: 
But my prediction (already condemned to being false I presume :grin:) is no 4F or 4A this season. 4Lz is very probable and use of 4Lo too (sadly, I really hate this jump..).

Some people always find reason to mock anything Yuzuru does. Last year, when he announced Otonal and Origin, some bash him for choosing western music/choreographer and only idolize western skaters. Some folks often say he can do whatever he want but won't lose any chance to criticize any decisions from him. After WTT2017, most fans hope he won't reuse LGC because that program is a trauma but now many people beg him to recycle it.  If you don't like Origin/Otonal just  because of Johnny and Plushenko, I would say its a pity because out of great music cut, choreo, transision, interpretation, and Yuzuru's own input into those programs, you choose to focus on that tribute thing.

Remember, this is his 10th year on senior circuit, and his competitive time won't be long. Its already a miracle that he still compete. Injuries can take him away anytime, there's not alot of chance to watch him skate. He's so private so we don't know what he think most of the time or only know about it way after thing happen,  I hope none of us have to regret about what we say/write about him.  

20 minutes ago, Ashley2162018 said:

I am quite surprised about some comments there that the kid is not respecting yuzu's space. Its not like he filmed him secretly while practicing.

I can't even see our cryptid in the background. Or my hanyu detective skills just suck?

Yeah, it reminds me of another instagram drama from this winter and that poor unsuspecting woman who inadvertently filmed post-injury Yuzuru on the ice of TCC.. :rolleyes:
I also didn´t catch our elusive Mr. Hanyu in the videos but I am not good at sleuthing and I know it. Also I didn´t look for him too much to be honest, some of the overprotective and hysterical reactions in the comments of the boy´s insta are a huge put-off for me. 

3 minutes ago, Mithrilien said:

ETA: Sorry about the quote frame, I just edited the missing "of" in my post and get this.. :scratch2:

23 minutes ago, Ashley2162018 said:

I am quite surprised about some comments there that the kid is not respecting yuzu's space. Its not like he filmed him secretly while practicing.

I can't even see our cryptid in the background. Or my hanyu detective skills just suck?

Just imagine if - after all that drama and all these speculations on PH and social media - it turns out that what happened was that someone just accidentally clicked on the wrong song in the playlist of the TCC computer! :rofl: :darklordyuzu: