General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, monchan said:

He'll recycle Origin?

And we thought, an upgrade of his ISU bio would be the least spectacular announcement...   :xD:

12 hours ago, Paskud said:

Let's have fun.

If you could ask Zuzuru one question, what would it be?

"Yuzu, how do you REALLY think about the scores of Judge 4?"

I'm a bit torn... on one side I seem to now cry automatically at Origin, after the mad encore in Toyama, so obviously, no complaints from that pov.

But it is such a difficult program and he has such crazy ambitions this season (with the adding of the quads)... and the overall choreography wasn't optimized for points... and I'm worried they'll use any excuse they can get not to give him points, and a more unusual choreography might give them lots of excuses. I also worry a bit because in Saitama he was pretty slow (and careful, as he himself said) and Brian said his stamina wasn't up to its usual levels and if he adds more, new quads, that's going to affect this again, too...

I guess they could re-arrange both the music and choreography to better fit his new ambitions, though... I'm at work, so I can't listen to the video, but maybe it'll be a different music cut or so?

And as someone very well put it, how can he improve the Origin costume to something even better?? (Even while recycling, his costumes always get upgraded...)

I'm late to the party but

On 7/28/2019 at 8:08 AM, Frenchkiss70 said:

Yes!!!! Something to keep us until ACI

So happy! I had lost hope but now there's something to look forward to before ACI! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:And so on brand that the break in the drought will be for charity:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: (also HYK yes please):tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

20 hours ago, Paskud said:

Let's have fun.

If you could ask Zuzuru one question, what would it be?
I will start! I would ask him who is his fav character in One Piece.:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

What are you studying right now? what you do want to write your thesis about? Do you have archives of video recordings and stats of your jumps and other elements? What did you learn about the mechanics of jumps and steps (and spins, I know you practice them too...sometimes :p ) Will you share your findings after you retire? Can you have them translated in English pretty please? and can you have them handed to ISU too?

Oh no that's not only ONE question :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

8 hours ago, monchan said:

He'll recycle Origin?

lol that would be quite an anticlimactic reveal :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

poor ninjaZu betrayed by technology and bad luck... if he's really keeping Origin though it's half surprise half not to me, the FaOI encore felt like a goodbye and letting go but... that gong sound was meant for Nessie

now wondering if Origin it is, will he go for the original layout or the modified version? Seq or not seq? Still so many questions (also Zu please that's a killer stsq and I'm not talking about levels, just remember to breath here and there please)

But also...what about the sit twizzles?:smiley-happy085:

Eta: I honestly don't expect a new costume, he has used the current one only 4 times and tbh I can't think how he could improve on that without going for an entirely different concept...it feels like a pity not to use the "old" costume again...

(Ok they can improve on the mesh collar part and make it look a little better)

To be honest I have the feeling he’s not finished with it ,like he feels he can do more ....also gong =4A which is a scary scary thought!

To me Origin costume is perfect but if there’s someone who can do a even better version that’s him(and Satomi Ito of course)

again in we are the passengers in this ride ,he drives 😊

I guess keeping Origin would be the practical option considering how much technical work he's putting in now (I assume) with upgrading his layout but... Points... Well, I'm sure he won't be throwing any points away in Origin 2.0. Whatever we can see in judging, he can see clearer. It's Trust the Zazuroni time. 

Maybe he'll make Origin his SP and get a different FS :P (just kidding)

I agree, though, the Origin gong was for 4A and we know what was his ideal layout for this program, so I guess he might go for that. I do hope they'll make any necessary adjustments to enable him to maximize his points. That said, I don't think he'll give up 4T-3A. It's going to be a signature jump for him. There are some things Yuzu won't sacrifice for the sake of getting points and wins. The same way he won't simplify his programs to make it easier to land jumps cleanly.

I was also in Toyama when he skated Origin as an encore but I never felt that he was saying good-bye to it. On the contrary, I felt like it was a prelude to the next season, something to put an end to the fun summer to get ready for the winter. Last night, while re-watching Toyama and Worlds I thought that it might have been just me having a flashback of the Worlds in Toyama but there is a possibility that it really was a trailer for Yuzuru Hanyu season 2019-2020? Anyway, I will support his choice whether he will keep it or go for a new one.

4 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

I was also in Toyama when he skated Origin as an encore but I never felt that he was saying good-bye to it. On the contrary, I felt like it was a prelude to the next season, something to put an end to the fun summer to get ready for the winter. Last night, while re-watching Toyama and Worlds I thought that it might have been just me having a flashback of the Worlds in Toyama but there is a possibility that it really was a trailer for Yuzuru Hanyu season 2019-2020? Anyway, I will support his choice whether he will keep it or go for a new one.

I never thought of this way, that's a fresh perspective.

Well, his recycled programmes usually have more fresh content and changes than many new programmes in the men's field which feel like same old choreo, new music, so...

I love the music and the cuts and the choreo of Origin as it was conceived, tbh. If we can see The Origin from last media day all done up bright dark and sparkly, but with points maximised...

I don't think he'll keep 4T-3A if he has the 4A and 4Lz in, however. Quite apart from the points, I'd think it's one big risk too many. He's landed it with positive GOE so with 4A and/or 4Lz in the programme, I hope he won't. 

On the other hand he does do 3A-lo-4S in practice. :D No loss of points there. 

Also if you go back to his original layout revealed in the news clipping from media day last year, you will see 4T3A and 3A4T as alternatives....In other words Shoma isn't the only one planning on doing the latter...

And remember in one of the interviews, it was mentioned that there exists a version B of the Otonal and Origin costumes. We never got to find out last season if version B is just an exact replica or different designs.

If they can change a third of Otonal music last year to make it more COP friendly, they can do it for Origin too. If you go back to the very first revealed version of Seimei, it looks nothing like the later ones.