General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Absolutely incredible! Yuzu is just the most admirable human I know. :cri:

I did a rough calculation. The total sum of these numbers is approx. 139.41 million Yen.

That's about 1,283,000 US$ or 1,153,000 Euros.

And these are just the direct contributions listed here. If you take into account, for example, all the benefit for the city of Sendai via additional tourism, etc., the value Yuzu has added is infinitely higher.

And we're just talking about financial value here. The value Yuzu has brought us all in an emotional and spiritual way, the joy he has brought us, the meaning he has added to our lives, can of course not be measured with numbers... :softYuzu:

Just donations of his own money - the Olympic prizes, the book royalties - are over 43,200,000 yen.

And also the amount his star status brings in for things like 24Hr and inspiring/encouraging other to help and give... and then there's the non-monetary but undoubted benefits he gives to those who suffered - the faces of those he visits or skates for, from very young to old, show clearly how much it means to them that their own superstar  never forgets, still remembers and feels for them no matter what (I admit, watching some of the older 24 shows. I sometimes mist up watching the older fold glowing as they talk to him, or tearing up as they watch him on the ice).

And then some people wonder why Japan admires and loves him so much...

55 minutes ago, TallyT said:

And then some people wonder why Japan admires and loves him so much...

He is beloved isn’t he ... And not only by Japan .... many of us from whatever country love him for these qualities too, showing such compassion and care to people who have suffered/survived disasters. We need a Yuzu Hanyu in every country please 🙏💕 

18 minutes ago, Pammi said:

He is beloved isn’t he ... And not only by Japan .... many of us from whatever country love him for these qualities too, showing such compassion and care to people who have suffered/survived disasters. We need a Yuzu Hanyu in every country please 🙏💕 

We can all be Yuzus in our little ways, everyday...

1 hour ago, Ichigo said:

We can all be Yuzus in our little ways, everyday...

...and I am sure many of us are just as, if not more dedicated to showing care and compassion towards vulnerable people, but we don’t have the advantage of fame and power to keep issues in the public eye or on political agendas the way Yuzuru does - some of our countries are severely lacking in moral leadership at present - that’s why we need a Yuzu Hanyu!!

2 hours ago, Pammi said:

We need a Yuzu Hanyu in every country please 🙏💕 

Hmm. I'm not sure that a Yuzu Hanyu could happen in my country. I think someone like him could only come from Japan. Even if a similar inspiring figure arises in Canada (Terry Fox comes to mind),  the feeling is different. I'm not sure I can explain this very well, but basically every country has it's own emotional/psychological 'personality' that shapes how they create heroes and, in turn, shapes the kind of hero they create. 

{blink} {blink}

... and they say us overseas Fanyus are over the top in our love for him, we really don't seem to be able to compete with his home crowd.  Don't you either have to be, ummm, elderly, dead, or the Queen of England to get on banknotes in any country?

Mind you, I can see a rush on currency exchanges if it happens....:10814716: