General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

practice and bam. 4A, 4Lz, 4F, 4Lo, 4S, 4T, micdrop, walk away, then watch the unfolding panic in his wake from his hotel room, with an evil smirk

This. You just know he wants to. :darklordyuzu:

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This. You just know he wants to. :darklordyuzu:

Actually, now that I think about it, reverse order would make better sense. Start off with his usual 3A for warmup.

4T. Nobody (rivals and their coaches) reacts.

4S. "Oh, the 4S is back"

4Lo. "Oh, the loop, too."

4Lz. "Wait, what?"

4F. "WAIT, WHAT?!"

4A. :volcano:

Yuzu: :kitty::hihi::darklordyuzu:

The idea about the children of 3/11 lighting the cauldron is really lovely and I can really see Yuzuru - as the athlete/public figure most connected and symbolic of the recovery - being the whole country's favourite to hand it to them and be there when it's lit (and yes, while he may have said a summer athlete should do it, bring in kiddies and he will cave, we all know it)

That would really be such a perfect emotional moment (yes, i'm biased. If he did, I can see me weeping over the TV)  :softYuzu:

4 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually, now that I think about it, reverse order would make better sense. Start off with his usual 3A for warmup.

4S. "Oh, the 4S is back"

4Lz. "Wait, what?"

4F. "WAIT, WHAT?!"

That would be worth All. The. Money. 

26 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say in an interview somewhere that he thought it should be a summer sport athlete? 

I think I remember that, too. I'm a bit surprised, because there are summer athletes who even outrank him in popularity sometimes who could do it. But if the focus is on the 3.11 memorial, then he does make the most sense. At the end of the day, Yuzu is more than an athlete, he's a national hero in some ways. But unless there is some way in which he cannot refuse without seeming unspeakably rude, I think he will refuse. I think there must be summer athletes from the affected areas, too, and he would feel it's more important they do it rather than him, if not the kids.

Then again, I think usually it's athletes who don't participate in the Olympics who carry and light the torch, right? So it should retired athletes - who maybe wouldn't have been affected by the disaster - or maybe athletes from other Olympics... Not sure if there are rules about this...

I dont think recycling has anything to do with media day. In 2015, he skated Seimei in ice shows, reused Chopin and still had media day.Media days used to be in early Aug,  except 2016 (mid sept) and 2018 (late Aug) because of injuries. Maybe because of scheduling or he want to announce his programs/plans in a different way. Or at least I hope so. As long as he's healthy, i will take anything

Yuzu had been sharing number 1 and 2 in most popularity polls for Japanese athletes with Ichiro for quite a while already, so by popularity, only Ichiro is above him from summer athletes. But Ichiro is even more famous than Yuzu for rejecting things - he even rejected the people honours award. 

Yuzu has a lot going for him for the torchlighting per media , if not the final one, at least for Sendai, including the two golds, a victim of 311, symbol of overcoming difficulties, popularity and supported by ANA, the sponsor of the torch relay.  The only thing against him is being a winter athlete and possibility of him rejecting it.

If they must pick an athlete from earthquake affected area, there is also Fukuhara Ai, who is also Sendai born, ANA sponsored, retired and popular enough to appear in commercials and shows a lot. The only thing against her is she just only have silver and bronze medals from her two Olympics, no gold.

59 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

4S. "Oh, the 4S is back"

4Lz. "Wait, what?"

4F. "WAIT, WHAT?!"

55 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

That would be worth All. The. Money. 

That would be worth Both. Kidneys. 

32 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

OMG ... my heart almost stop at no media day this year news! :13877886: Thank god it was a mistake! lol

Was it? I thought they clarified that doing ACI wasn't yet confirmed, so they clarified that mistake (because it was initially reported as him doing it for sure), but the no media day seems to have been stated clearly in that article? (Though there being only one source does make me a tad skeptical...)

34 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

OMG ... my heart almost stop at no media day this year news! :13877886: Thank god it was a mistake! lol

Mistake? So wil there be media day or not?

I've just seen the news about no media day and nothing else, so hm...

hace 24 minutos , KatjaThera said:

Was it? I thought they clarified that doing ACI wasn't yet confirmed, so they clarified that mistake (because it was initially reported as him doing it for sure), but the no media day seems to have been stated clearly in that article? (Though there being only one source does make me a tad skeptical...)

I think JSF  just confirmed ACI for Yuzu??!!!  

ETA: Thank you @daisyjune!!!!!!