General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, faeline said:

I agree... LGC hair is sacred... he's got this nice forehead that has this "v" in the middle of his hairline - the Chinese call that the beauty peak/point... see below:

d8c6f074fed35dbe58ff84a4b68b7c94.jpg

Also he is so handsome here... whyyyy would you want to think bad of this????

The forehead with a shape of V in the middle of the hairline is called 富士額 (fuji-bitai). It is considered as a positive attribute in women especially in the old era. 

Yuzu in this photo with the perfect skin and beautiful little lips can easily pass as a beautiful girl if you put him in a kimono...no wonder AI cannot tell his true gender:10636614:

Spoiler

l5xiPo5.png

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Blasphemy! LGC hair is Yuzu's best look.  And he won Worlds 2017 with that and H&L, so you can't separate them. 

I don't hold with superstition. Yuzu wins because he's the superior competitor, not because of luck. 

Calm down, fellow satellite:10742289:

1) Personally, I don’t find that he looks particularly good in LGC hair, but *Yuzu looks great with whatever hairstyles*. :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

2) At 2017 World, LGC was ranked 5th, that is the worst SP result in Worlds since 2014. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd2atId1qdlkyg: It’s H&L, my most favourite program, that helps him win.

3) I don’t believe in baseless superstitions but some cases are different.:SunFace:

2 hours ago, faeline said:

LGC hair is sacred... he's got this nice forehead that has this "v" in the middle of his hairline - the Chinese call that the beauty peak/point... see below:

Also he is so handsome here... whyyyy would you want to think bad of this????

Calm down, another fellow satellite :10742289:

1)    The fact is that *Yuzu looks great with whatever hairstyles* but not just LGC hair. :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

2)    It's not me who want to think bad of this. I’ve come to the conclusion based on what really happened in reality and real life:tumblr_inline_n2pjcvLUIY1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n2pjcwwxgn1qdlkyg:

6 minutes ago, Leanna A said:

Calm down, fellow satellite:10742289:

1) Personally, I don’t find that he looks particularly good in LGC hair, but *Yuzu looks great with whatever hairstyles*. :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

2) At 2017 World, LGC was ranked 5th, that is the worst SP result in Worlds since 2014. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd2atId1qdlkyg: It’s H&L, my most favourite program, that helps him win.

3) I don’t believe in baseless superstitions but some cases are different.:SunFace:

It's fine. Just realize the LGC hair is a bit of a sacred cow in this here forum. :snmouchotto:

He won every time he skated with Origin hair except for Worlds , and as someone else pointed out, he lost that one on the error in Otonal, nothing to do with Origin at all. So I don't even think you can make a connection between his results and his hair at all. I'm pretty sure Yuzu himself doesn't. 

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

To each their own, as far as the hair goes. He won every time he skated with Origin hair except for Worlds , and as someone else pointed out, he lost that one on the error in Otonal, nothing to do with Origin at all. So I don't even think you can make a connection between his results and his hair at all. I'm pretty sure Yuzu himself doesn't. 

He does make a connection to how much gold there is in his costume though hahahaha~~ I still remember them asking about why he changed his blade to black and he was like (coyly) “I wanted to reduce all the silver” :mischief:

5 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

While I would mourn the damage, I'd love to see him play around with his hair/image, even trying out colors or maybe even some makeup at some point. It could be fun... (VK style would be fun, going overly feminine isn't really my thing, although it would look good on him...) He might think it's too much trouble, though lol

YES, I’d love to see that too. :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:

Yuzu has put a lot of effort and money on his costumes but never?? on his hairstyles and make-up?

Let’s imagine…Yuzu dyes his hair and/or wears eye make-up and lipstick…:10742290::10742290::smiley-sick030:

Yuzu only dyed his hair once. It was at Art on Ice 2013, he dyed part of his left side hair blue.

I’ve just searched the pictures and he looks :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

https://tsukihoshi14.tumblr.com/post/160454095278/eastview-yeskei-eastview-yuzuru-hanyu

57 minutes ago, faeline said:

He does make a connection to how much gold there is in his costume though hahahaha~~ I still remember them asking about why he changed his blade to black and he was like (coyly) “I wanted to reduce all the silver” :mischief:

True. I don't really see that as superstitious, though. More like a statement of fact - he is the King. A King wears gold. That's just how it is. 

Speaking of hair, remember how Mr. Hanyu gave himself a special one time only '90s Hollywood prince hairstyle for Pyeongchang FS day (a.k.a. Gotta Look Good For My Second Gold Medal Day)? He'd never styled his hair exactly like that before and he's never done it again since.

Spoiler

Yuzu: Hello friends, just a cute mushroom babey here to do my best! I've been training hard so I didn't have time for a little hair trim. uwu uwu -

cropped_image_l.jpg

(Cr: https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2018/02/d0ed404938d8-hanyu-pledges-to-win-gold-as-he-arrives-in-s-korea.html)

Yuzu: -JUST KIDDING. I AM THE TRUE REASON THE '90s ARE BACK. EVERYTHING IS IN MY CALCULATIONS. EVERYTHING.

800.jpeg

(Cr: https://www.apnews.com/8a991ff028bd4e768a7cfefb476eec68)

Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt, 1997: When we saw Yuzuru Hanyu win his consecutive Olympic gold at Pyeongchang 2018 with his hair falling flirtatiously over one eye, we knew we stanned a style icon and we both started growing out our bangs immediately! Thanks for helping us achieve peak hotness, Yuzu!

yuzuru-hanyu-ap18048387915749-1024.jpg?impolicy=960x540_rectangle

(Cr: https://wnyt.com/news/yuzuru-hanyu-makes-history-with-1000th-gold-medal-of-winter-olympics/4792962/

1 hour ago, fyere0 said:

Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt, 1997: When we saw Yuzuru Hanyu win his consecutive Olympic gold at Pyeongchang 2018 with his hair falling flirtatiously over one eye, we knew we stanned a style icon and we both started growing out our bangs immediately! Thanks for helping us achieve peak hotness, Yuzu!

And we thought 'Final Time Traveller' was just the name of a song. :darklordyuzu::68468287::rofl2:

Joking apart, Yuzu still has more hair-styling skills  than I do. 

53 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And we thought 'Final Time Traveller' was just the name of a song. :darklordyuzu::68468287::rofl2:

Joking apart, Yuzu still has more hair-styling skills  than I do. 

Yuzu's influence, so powerful.

He knows what he likes. Though I admit that I cringed when I saw him blasting his head with hairspray from about three inches away in that one video. The CRONCH of some of his hairstyles can probably be heard from orbit.

1 minute ago, fyere0 said:

He knows what he likes. Though I admit that I cringed when I saw him blasting his head with hairspray from about three inches away in that one video. The CRONCH of some of his hairstyles can probably be heard from orbit.

Well, considering how much he sweats during his performances, his hairdo has to be waterproof.:pouty:

14 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

:smiley-laughing021:

even if probably that’s the minimum amount of hairspray he needs to sort of tame the wild hair !

Let's just say Yuzu is a better hair stylist himself than 90% of the hair stylists who got their hands on him for many events ( can someone tell me why hair stylist love that patted down side fringe office worker hair they give him so much? Is it because it is considered formal ? But I dont see it much in male celebrities even for formal occasions, so why always on Yuzu. 

As for superstitions,  Yuzu himself might be even more superstitious than us :P(he admitted is so - for example he refuses to eat triangle shapped onigiri because it reminds him of number three). But at the same time he leaves nothing to chance by doing everything he can. As he said in his recent interview, he did everything he could for the Olympics and the rest is up to fate. And since he did everything, he sees no reason he can't win. As there is always the saying, fate favours the prepared:yes:

On 7/22/2019 at 4:32 AM, Lambari said:

I liked both (specially Otonal and Origin's costume is a masterpiece) 

They should be in a museum somewhere, with the Seimei costume and some of Shoma's. Satomi Ito should just have a permanent exhibition in a nice metro art museum somewhere. The Origin costume is spectacular. Every time I see a picture of it I notice something new. I can't fathom how someone would be capable of conceiving the idea of such a spectacular costume and then actually bringing it into being. Absolutely masterful.