General Yuzuru Chat

22 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Worlds 2020 tickets which cost more than my monthly mortgage payment. None of the actual Yuzu-advertised products are available here. 

None of the products were available in my country either!
But, online shopping exists thank god www

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

many times :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: i'm another victim of marketing.

Which makes me wonder...

Guys, what stuff have you bought solely because Yuzu advertised/used/mentioned it? Or anything tangentially related to him :goat: I've bought the Ghana chocolate, Xylitol gum and because of the Purple PantsTM , Lumonde :rofl:

I actually really want to buy the necklace he wears. The Phiten earth stone mirror ball one. Am I insane it's going to be over 100 dollars.
But I can't help myself </3
:tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Which makes me wonder...

Guys, what stuff have you bought solely because Yuzu advertised/used/mentioned it? Or anything tangentially related to him :goat: I've bought the Ghana chocolate, Xylitol gum and because of the Purple PantsTM , Lumonde :rofl:

Nothing yet, as those products are not available in my country, but I plan to buy sekkisei next time I am in Japan :) :tumblr_inline_n18qr64W7F1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, Bunnybash said:

I bought the Japanese Ghana chocolate bar today purely because Yuzuru posed in a photo with it. I'm finished.

Anyone tried it before? I'm going to have to melt it into a Hot Chocolate like he did </3
tumblr_nb79deQFzV1rqryl2o2_250.giftumblr_pi6yqfiuP11srf2ipo2_500.gif

Source gif 1: https://nonchan1023.tumblr.com/post/96316998858/yuzuru-hanyu-lotte-ghana-chocolate-cm-making-x
Source gif 2: https://incandescentlysilver.tumblr.com/post/180107613943/the-new-ghana-cm-featuring-one-soft-boy-yuzuru-x

I still have one bar Ghana chocolate that I bought last February when I was in Korea. I bought it only because of Yuzu! I would like to melt it into a Hot chocolate like he did. Anyone knows the recipe? (I am sure I read one before but I don't know anymore where...). 

3 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

I still have one bar Ghana chocolate that I bought last February when I was in Korea. I bought it only because of Yuzu! I would like to melt it into a Hot chocolate like he did. Anyone knows the recipe? (I am sure I read one before but I don't know anymore where...). 

I'll do you one better. How about Yuzuru doing the recipe himself?

Soft hours!

58 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

However, I'm going to say that for me, beyond the physical attributes, the ultimate appeal of Yuzu is that he's a man going after what he wants with everything he's got. There's something very hot about that kind of passion and dedication and hard work. 

I agree. For all that I can objectively recognize (and appreciate) his physical appeal, it is his obvious passion and dedication that made me a fan. Since I was a newbie to FS, I don't even mean how he goes after the hard physical & technical content (though there is that as well) as I was clueless at the time. But the way he puts his heart on the ice translates in his programs and it is very touching. At least for me.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

And let us thank the good Lord for this wholly undeserved blessing. However, I'm going to say that for me, beyond the physical attributes, the ultimate appeal of Yuzu is that he's a man going after what he wants with everything he's got. There's something very hot about that kind of passion and dedication and hard work. 

I think I've mentioned it before, but there is a quote about 1940s actress Jessie Matthews...

"She had a heart. It photographed."

... and I think this is so true of Yuzu (and Javi, I adore him too).  Yuzu, heart and soul, feels so deeply for a young man, he isn't afraid to show it, and it comes across even in fuzzy old videos, let alone in live performances...

3 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Which makes me wonder...

Unfortunately - in fact, fortunately for my wallet - none of the products Yuzu advertises are available here. My wallet is really grateful for that, but I really wish I could get my hands on those beautiful clear files of his... :64341262:

But I did go to the Helsinki GP last year just to see him, even though Helsinki was never on my radar as a travel destination. And I'm about to spend more than the amount of my monthly rent for a ticket to the GPF in Torino.

Okay, I guess my wallet isn't that grateful after all... :darklordyuzu:

5 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Which makes me wonder...

Guys, what stuff have you bought solely because Yuzu advertised/used/mentioned it?

None of Yuzu's products are available here :( But I am looking at power stone bracelets just for fun! Not the same as his but you can get nice ones with different stone types on Etsy for much cheaper.....

And, I didn't have to buy the ingredients specifically because I already had them, but I made tamago kake gohan because I was intrigued when I saw Yuzu wolfing it down in the video where he goes to the cafeteria. Now I eat it all the time. He was right, it's so good! And I use regular eggs. THIS SALMONELLA POISONING IS FOR YOU, HANYU :LOL:

It's kind of embarrassing, because it's a lot of stuff, but I have to say Yuzu promotes great things, so I never really regretted it. Except maybe when looking at my emptying wallet/bank account :ummm:. But, so far I have bought:

- Ghana chocolate - I like it because it seems to me it's not as sweet as other milk chocolates around here

- a ton of Xylitol gum - for clearfiles, but the gum actually tastes good, too

- I have tried zunda mochi because of Yuzu ( and was surprised because it was sweeter than I expected, but the zunda taste is really interesting)

- Phiten necklaces - both of them, for the clearfiles + calendar bonus in 2017, but actually I really like them and think they're really cool and I wear the mirror ball all the time.

- I got three little bags of Kikiyu this year, one of each type Yuzu did CM for, to try out, although I rarely take baths and prefer showers lol But those were cheap, so no biggie

- I got a Tokyo Nishikawa cool pillow pad before leaving Japan this year, pretty much for the clearfile, but it's actually really cool and was wondering if I could buy and have shipped a whole set lol It'd be heaven on hot Summer nights!

- I also got Sekkisei products (and accidentally more than I needed to lol), but they only had the Otonal clearfile then. Also the ladies at the register ensured I had the worst customer service I ever had in Japan, which made spending that much money seem even worse. But, the products in themselves are nice. They do smell nice and not cloying (I've had rose and jasmine tea and just the smell of that was too much, so despite Yuzu's words I worried a bit about the smell). And the UV cream does enter skin really fast so it's nice. I don't use them every day, as I rarely use any cosmetics, but when I do, it's nice. I think the UV cream would actually be a good idea today...

I won't even mention magazines, event tickets, trips, random stuff on yahoo auctions that is beyond embarrassing and so on lol. And of course, most of these would not have been possible without trips to Japan. (Although they do have Ghana at the few Asian stores here, it's ridiculously expensive. And they also have Korean Xylitol, which is cheaper, but no Yuzu lol)