General Yuzuru Chat

43 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

...I could have sworn that was an edge jump. Wow. 

He really picks extremely fast and so light so that you can barely see it. If you can see the entry then it's easy to recognize the jump too. While doing the jump, his body position and also the rhythm of the jump looks different too. His left leg in 4S looks more bent, during 4T it's more straight.

Some comparison from Olympic practice:

4S                                                                                                     4T 

Ejt5yIX.jpg    Cs6e9rP.jpg

[own gifs]

In original speed: 4S, 4T

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

He really picks extremely fast and so light so that you can barely see it. If you can see the entry then it's easy to recognize the jump too. While doing the jump, his body position and also the rhythm of the jump looks different too. His left leg in 4S looks more bent, during 4T it's more straight.

4S                                                                                                     4T 

[own gifs]

Seriously, I can barely tell the difference. With other skaters, I always look for that big curving sweep of the non-jumping leg as the giveaway for the Sal, and a straight glide with heavy toe pick for the toe loop. 

Yuzu's not like that. :kitty:

7 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

[own gifs]

As someone who's still learning the mechanics of the jumps, I appreciate your noting the difference in his body position. I realized that it's actually easier to differentiate the Sal from the Toe by watching the angle of his torso than by looking for the toe pick itself. He's more upright with the Sal, while he leans forward on the Toe to get the picking leg back. These YT videos were helpful as well. 

The caption: Re: T-shirt throwing at Hello I love You, at the beginning it looked like "Mum, can you wash this?" but by now, it would be like...

The way Yuzu just casually and shyly handing it over, it does give off the feel of "handing over the laundry" and that's so funny :68468287:

And also the OP carried on to imagine how it'd be now if it's done by 24yr old Yuzu with Masquerade level of hotness...oh dear we're in trouble :13877886:

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

The caption: Re: T-shirt throwing at Hello I love You, at the beginning it looked like "Mum, can you wash this?" but by now, it would be like...

The way Yuzu just casually and shyly handing it over, it does give off the feel of "handing over the laundry" and that's so funny :68468287:

And also the OP carried on to imagine how it'd be now if it's done by 24yr old Yuzu with Masquerade level of hotness...oh dear we're in trouble :13877886:

Except he can't do that anymore now, or someone in the audience is going to get hurt with the following stampede:13877886:

13 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Seriously, I can barely tell the difference. With other skaters, I always look for that big curving sweep of the non-jumping leg as the giveaway for the Sal, and a straight glide with heavy toe pick for the toe loop. 

Yuzu's not like that. :kitty:

Just *force* yourself to watch, over and over, and over... because I have no trouble telling the difference. I guess you have homework. More Yuzu watching... too bad....

2 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

:smiley-laughing021:at the laundry comment!

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

To be fair: The Oreo costume looks really pretty here... :notamused:

yep way more then it is ...also are those little wings?so cute!

8 hours ago, TallyT said:

Okay, I want this so much....

Both the small girl inside me who loved her paper dolls, and the woman who thinks playing with a Yuzu is quite a fantasy....

The thing is, with any other human, the proportions of that doll (The Waist, long legs, etc) would be a cartoonish exaggeration. With him, it's pretty close to accurate!

:hihi:  :dancingpooh:  :13877886:

ETA: Actually, I've thought for a while that if you stuck big boobs on him, he'd make the perfect Wonder Woman.