General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Anki said:

I don't think it is only Yuzu who lurks around SNS to read about themselves...There are many hints that most skaters do it, especially the young ones, some even pretty much admit it out loud. Hence, in that sense it is not lame at all, since everyone is on the same boat. 

If I was Yuzu I would look to all relevant forums around the world for programs feedback especially after the reveal of a new program, since judges are multinational too. 

Do you think Nessie or 4F will appear first ? He said 4Lz, 4F then 4A in the interview at March, bu there is no reason why he must stick to that order, although 4Lz will most likely return first. On the other hand, he may have tricked us to thinking that way XD

Oh, I'm sure most of them do it, but for some reason I imagine Yuzu being more methodical or so lol Could be just me and my image of him, though.

Programs feedback online is very iffy, though, especially right after the reveal. I remember when Otonal and Origin were announced, quite a few people were disappointed. And then they grew into what they are now. After showing the whole thing, yes, I'm quite sure he'd want feedback. And likely not just from fans.

I expect 4Lz will be back from the first competition - as in part of the layout; whether he'll land on it, we'll see. Between 4F and 4A... I guess it depends how 4F goes in practice. And 4A for that matter. We don't know for how long he's been doing either of them, so it's hard to say. If 4F is somewhat stable, though, I'd expect him to do that first, and leave 4A as the last one. If 4A is more stable, he might just whip it out for better winning chances before bringing 4F. But given the FaOI stuff, I'd expect 4F before 4A.

Or he might just decide to screw it all and do all three at the same time :peekapooh:

34 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I had to gulp, when Tara said "[In the Oly season Boyang] was behind the other quad kings and he was the original quad king."

This sentence sounds so contradictory in so many ways.

It's also kind of funny because they also mentioned Javi was in a way an 'original' quad king as well (not sure, but I think he was the first skater to do 3 quads in the free program?), but well, if you look at it like that, there are a lot of 'original' quad kings. It depends a lot on how you define a quad king, after all.

But it will be so funny when all those people acting like Yuzu is a has-been will have to eat their hats as he whips out three brand new quads. One of which is a legendary jump.

ETA: Sorry for the double post, I was sure someone else would post before I finished writing this ^_^;

I am not sure he should be called 'Quad King or Emperor" even if he becomes the first person to land all 6 quads. The 'quad' title just makes whoever sounds like he is all about quads, when Yuzu is far more than that. And given there are already so many 'quad kings', Yuzu deserve something more original :dozey:

38 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Oh, I'm sure most of them do it, but for some reason I imagine Yuzu being more methodical or so lol Could be just me and my image of him, though.

Programs feedback online is very iffy, though, especially right after the reveal. I remember when Otonal and Origin were announced, quite a few people were disappointed. And then they grew into what they are now. After showing the whole thing, yes, I'm quite sure he'd want feedback. And likely not just from fans.

I expect 4Lz will be back from the first competition - as in part of the layout; whether he'll land on it, we'll see. Between 4F and 4A... I guess it depends how 4F goes in practice. And 4A for that matter. We don't know for how long he's been doing either of them, so it's hard to say. If 4F is somewhat stable, though, I'd expect him to do that first, and leave 4A as the last one. If 4A is more stable, he might just whip it out for better winning chances before bringing 4F. But given the FaOI stuff, I'd expect 4F before 4A.

Or he might just decide to screw it all and do all three at the same time :peekapooh:

Doing all three at the same would be too much, I think first it'll be 4Lz, and then who knows, it'll depend on the practice as you say, but it may be more likely to see 4F first and then 4A. I'm just very curious what his layout will be next season. 

I agree that program feedback right after reveal is often very different to what people think of it a few competitions later. I think most skaters are interested in feedbacks, what people in general think about their new programs. 

50 minutes ago, Anki said:

I don't think it is only Yuzu who lurks around SNS to read about themselves...There are many hints that most skaters do it, especially the young ones, some even pretty much admit it out loud. Hence, in that sense it is not lame at all, since everyone is on the same boat. 

If I was Yuzu I would look to all relevant forums around the world for programs feedback especially after the reveal of a new program, since judges are multinational too. 

Many skaters lurk around social media and read articles about themselves, not sure if they also go to forums though, some of them maybe do. Krasnozhon said in a recent interview that almost everyone reads about themselves online, just not many admit it and tell it. There are others who also admitted it, I think mostly they're Russians.

Yuzu knows everything but it's possible he's lurking only on Japanese Twitter and not so much on English social media (not because of the language itself because I think his passive English is very good, and reading in English may be the easiest. It's just too much time).

24 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

It's also kind of funny because they also mentioned Javi was in a way an 'original' quad king as well (not sure, but I think he was the first skater to do 3 quads in the free program?), but well, if you look at it like that, there are a lot of 'original' quad kings. It depends a lot on how you define a quad king, after all.

Officially it was Timothy Goebel at Skate America 1999 who landed three quads for the first time in a free skate. Javi did three successful quads for the first time in GPF 2012 (despite doing that and winning the FS he couldn't finish on the podum because of his weak SP).

Yuzu is the the King himself or Emperor of figure skating, the complete package. So much more than just being a king quad or something else, I agree @Anki.

Nah, the only appropriate title for Yuzu would be the ice emperor. Yes, I said it, The Ice Emperor.

This way other skaters may have those "quad king" titles and whatnot but remember who is above all those kings and dukes and dames? EMPEROR. And not just on jumps, but every aspect imaginable of figure skating. Hence Ice Emperor, not just jumps or anything...

3 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I am trying to imagine how Nessie might show up, though... it's a bit of an issue, because I doubt he'd want to show it in practice, but then again, he'll need to practice it... It's not like he can go into competition with it directly... He could maybe do it at NHK, where they usually don't have public practice, but the media and rivals would still see it. And it's unlikely international media would be as cooperative about keeping it a secret as Japanese media lol I guess he might just do it normally, though... Quad axel, no biggie, just another jump in his repertoire :darklordyuzu: (btw, I was just watching earlier the Oly SP last group from NBC and they were like "Nathan, the quad king". I wonder how everyone will react when Yuzu will be the first and only skater to have all six quads :mischief:)

Media day

1st cut: Morning like always. Zuzu goes to TCC with his kitty smile.
2nd cut: Zuzu ties his skates. Jokes with cameramen. Totally not scheming anything.

3rd cut: BUM 4A:volcano:

And then he bombs his other jumps.:13877886:

13 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Media day

2nd cut: Zuzu ties his skates. Jokes with cameramen. Totally not scheming anything.

Now, THAT would be proper psychological warfare :1:

2 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Nah, the only appropriate title for Yuzu would be the ice emperor. Yes, I said it, The Ice Emperor.

This way other skaters may have those "quad king" titles and whatnot but remember who is above all those kings and dukes and dames? EMPEROR. And not just on jumps, but every aspect imaginable of figure skating. Hence Ice Emperor, not just jumps or anything...

I second this:biggrin:

Emperor is the only title that fits him:bow::bow::bow: 

he also has the superior poise and grace befitting the title:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: when he isn't being an hopeless adorable dork or has his murderface "your soul is MINE" on:embSwan:

this talk about titles reminds me that when I was a kid and with other girls we sometimes pretended we were aristocracy and took fancy fake names and titles and there were countesses and duchesses and pincesses and I always went for Empress LOL so no one could be above me LMAO honestly surprising that so many girls preferred something tamer like princess...I mean...go big or go home, right? :peek:

28 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Media day

:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:  I look forward to radiant kitty smile under the August sun (tho to see him all dressed up with long sleeves while I'm roasting under that August sun is...painful:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:)

re: Nessie...are we sure that, if he even lands it during media day, jpn media will tell us? they didn't tell us about 4lz at all and were all serious with the troll layout, and only released the footage of landed Lz for COR, and then full footage with the rippon 3T even later... I wouldn't put it past them (and Yuzu) to keep things under wraps till Zu actually brings it to competition:tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

well, let's hope health will assist him and he'll be able to bring everything he wants to competition, even if it means utter chaos and hair loss:snonegai:

32 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Media day

Or he pulls another Oly troll practice at Media Day:

Heli 1Lz

Double 3-turn 1F

Graceful 1Lo

Heli 1S

1T+1A+high kick

Delayed 0A aka Waltz jump

4A

Bow.

EDIT: Thumbnail of the spin collection is ready :coolio:

Spoiler

YAg7NiK.png

3 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

:peekapooh:

9 hours ago, shanshani said:

Not sure if lurking your own fan forum is really cute or really lame :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:psst, Yuzu, if you are lurking: just because we love you doesn't mean we won't make fun of you muahahaha

Out of curiosity, do you have any examples of Yuzu appearing to address discussions in this forum?

The most recent was when he talked about the muscles that gave his waist it's, well, Waist-ness in that interview just after FaOI. It could have been completely coincidence but it sounded like he had been lurking our discussions of The Waist and specifically the ones where we were wondering what he does in the gym to get such a good one.