General Yuzuru Chat

Doesn’t matter- he’s not competing against ballet dancers.  What he is doing is using different, unusual moves inspired by dance movements in figure skating, which no one else (?correct me if I’m wrong) is trying at the moment.  Hoping that Kevin Aymoz will be another innovator when he gets going properly.

9 hours ago, Paskud said:

GUYS! GUYS! Leaked footage of Nessie!!

LOL it's so funny that's now Miyagi ambassador

all according to the plan?:gla:

:laughing:

now instead of finding/making our own Nessie plushies to throw on the ice, we can just go get Lapras merch, awesome :biggrin:

(confession: I know it's Lapras because it's written in the tweet LMAO not into pokemon sorrynotsorry I mean of course I know they exist and I know Pikachu but...yeah)

re: ballet

well, if Zuzu or any skater, tbh, really did dance moves better than professional dancers I'd be concerned for the dancers, since the difference in training is huge, not to talk about the different surface and equipment, so... we're talking about spending countless hours every day for years to reach a certain level, and skaters and dancers just needs to use those hours for different things (tho as I've said some other time there is some overlap too)

For the same reason that "people must use their time to master what is needed in a specific discipline", for example, I also expect IceDancers to have on average better skating skills than singles&pairs skaters. SS (and all the patterns where they need to be displayed) are something that matters A LOT for ID score, hence spending time honing those skills is pretty much a necessity for ice dancers. For pairs and singles skaters...not so much:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: I mean, just looking at BV (not even touching on PCS scoring), for singles having sublime ss is...way less useful than mastering several triple jumps, so with the limited time skaters have, it's not surprising SS don't get, on average, as much attention during training...

back to Yuzuru.... why do I already feel Zuzu-deprived?:dontdothistome:

we had an amazing streaming party just yesterday + all the FaOI footage that I still need to sort through 'cause I'm pretty sure I have way too many versions of the same show, I seriously need to go and check so I don't clog my poor hard drive:14066882: also my laptop has been acting a lil crazy today omg I hope it will wait for me to back up the new stuff please

still, I'm feeling Zuzu-deprived:smiley-sad030:

(where's a cactus emoji?)

oh, I wanted to share this fanvid here too :grouphug: quoting myself from fanvids thread

16 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

reviving the thread posting this pretty recent vid from smal58 (some clips from Makuhari Masquerade too)

Lots of...how are they called, overlays? (that thing when there's two vids overlapped)... well, anyway, just heads up in case you don't like that.

what I love the most of this vid (other than OMG those opening secs are SO COOL!) is that's full of clips of the support Zuzu received, it makes me feel happy & glad:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

btw, does anyone here has a link to the tweet with the Cruel Angel Thesis Yuzu fanvid? the one that looks like anime opening? I wanted to add it to the fanvid thread, too

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

LOL it's so funny that's now Miyagi ambassador

all according to the plan?:gla:

:laughing:

now instead of finding/making our own Nessie plushies to throw on the ice, we can just go get Lapras merch, awesome :biggrin:

(confession: I know it's Lapras because it's written in the tweet LMAO not into pokemon sorrynotsorry I mean of course I know they exist and I know Pikachu but...yeah)

I told you all it's Nessie but no one believed me.:tumblr_m9gcveIckR1qzckow:

1 hour ago, Anki said:

Do you guys think there is a Miyagi official lurking here on the planet? I mean of all the Pokemons mascot  they could have picked, they picked the Nessie looking one? Coincidence ? XD

Eh...I sometimes wonder if Yuzu himself lurks here. There are times when he says things in interviews where it seems like he is directly addressing things that have been said here. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Eh...I sometimes wonder if Yuzu himself lurks here. There are times when he says things in interviews where it seems like he is directly addressing things that have been said here. 

Not sure if lurking your own fan forum is really cute or really lame :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:psst, Yuzu, if you are lurking: just because we love you doesn't mean we won't make fun of you muahahaha

Out of curiosity, do you have any examples of Yuzu appearing to address discussions in this forum?

4 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Out of curiosity, do you have any examples of Yuzu appearing to address discussions in this forum?

I'm not sure, if it was in this forum here, but after Olys I mentioned that I need more signature material from him during the next seasons.

Yuzu's reaction after ONE season  :embSwan:

• 4T+3A sequence
  • Ice-Kiss-Hydroblading
  • Stag Leap/1-foot-Axel/Saute de Basque (whatever you want to call it)
  • Y-Spiral
  • Up-and-down pancake spin
  • Glove smash
  • 4A in the making

I think it's because what we discuss here is often what is being discussed in the fandom at large, jpn Twitter included (we know he lurks there, more doubtful he lurks on English-based forum tho I'm sure he keeps track of English press at the very least), so... but it's funny that sometimes it feels like he's indirectly replying to us LOL I remember all the wistful thinking for black costume and LGC hairstyle and he gave us both of them in Origin:tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5: 

Zuzu if you lurk I hope you don't mind the 345667000 nicknames we gave you...and the nicknames to the costumes...and our complaints about ill-fitting suits...and I hope you can have good time reading us and feel all our support!

10 hours ago, Veveco said:

This one? 

Yes!:thanks:

I find it both amazing and somewhat disturbing (because of all the stuff he probably gets to read that I wish he'd never know about) how he seems to know everything that is going on, surrounding both him and his fans. I also doubt he lurks around here, though I wouldn't be surprised if he's ended up here at times, during his 'research'. But he more likely lurks more around Japanese SNS. But he probably knows more about the net FS fandom than most people. (I still remember how surprised I was when he once acknowledged fans watching online during the winner interview after a competition... I think one of the GPFs in Barcelona?)

I am trying to imagine how Nessie might show up, though... it's a bit of an issue, because I doubt he'd want to show it in practice, but then again, he'll need to practice it... It's not like he can go into competition with it directly... He could maybe do it at NHK, where they usually don't have public practice, but the media and rivals would still see it. And it's unlikely international media would be as cooperative about keeping it a secret as Japanese media lol I guess he might just do it normally, though... Quad axel, no biggie, just another jump in his repertoire :darklordyuzu: (btw, I was just watching earlier the Oly SP last group from NBC and they were like "Nathan, the quad king". I wonder how everyone will react when Yuzu will be the first and only skater to have all six quads :mischief:)

42 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

(btw, I was just watching earlier the Oly SP last group from NBC and they were like "Nathan, the quad king". I wonder how everyone will react when Yuzu will be the first and only skater to have all six quads :mischief:)

Same thought  :xD:    :68271262:

On 6/14/2019 at 3:46 PM, Henni147 said:

Why do I have the very dangerous feeling that the Quad King debate's going into the next round in 19/20? :13877886::13877886::13877886:

I had to gulp, when Tara said "[In the Oly season Boyang] was behind the other quad kings and he was the original quad king."

This sentence sounds so contradictory in so many ways.

I don't think it is only Yuzu who lurks around SNS to read about themselves...There are many hints that most skaters do it, especially the young ones, some even pretty much admit it out loud. Hence, in that sense it is not lame at all, since everyone is on the same boat. 

If I was Yuzu I would look to all relevant forums around the world for programs feedback especially after the reveal of a new program, since judges are multinational too. 

Which of Nessie or 4F will appear first do you think? He said 4Lz, 4F then 4A in the interview at March, but there is no reason why he must stick to that order, although 4Lz will most likely return first. On the other hand, he may have tricked us to thinking that way XD

The more I look at the pictures where he is just wearing his practice pants the more I think he doesn't wear normal underwear under it but like dancebelt like in competition. Sorry if it sounds pervert. Just an observation. 

50 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

(btw, I was just watching earlier the Oly SP last group from NBC and they were like "Nathan, the quad king". I wonder how everyone will react when Yuzu will be the first and only skater to have all six quads :mischief:)

I am now torn between "The Quad God", which someone mentioned here some time ago, and "The Quad Emperor", wich I find pleasantly suitable... :darklordyuzu:

5 minutes ago, Ager said:

The more I look at the pictures where he is just wearing his practice pants the more I think he doesn't wear normal underwear under it but like dancebelt like in competition. Sorry if it sounds pervert. Just an observation. 

Your comment is why we are worried if he is lurking here :LOL: