General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, holina said:

Thank you :grin_clapping:  

I agree that Rostelecom is the best version of Origin in terms of performance and emotional connection.  I have a small suggestion - I really love the right arm movement in this clip around 3:27 to 3:29 (it’s so cool!).

https://youtu.be/InElIZxD50Q

Any chance to edit it in?:pouty:

Even without looking, I knew immediately what you were talking about! I love that arm movement, noticed it when I was editing the footage the first time around. The problem is the camera is far away and Yuzu's hand is away from the camera so that movement is unnoticeable to an avarage eye. BUT I'm going to look at fancams that were taken from the other side of the rink and if the quality is good enough and I obtain permission, I will edit it in. And if not... well, I might just edit a second version because I love it too!:68468287:

(Btw, vpn is one of the best investments I've made because it seems even Eurosport is on the blocking bandwagon :yznotimpressed:)

12 minutes ago, Paskud said:

GUYS! GUYS! Leaked footage of Nessie!!

I almost got a heart attack because the pic/video loads slowly for me. God.

ours ago, Lunna said:

And I would love to see Origin in the next CWW maybe with watered down jumps, so Yuzu can skate all beautiful steps and transitions to the fullest.

That'd be awesome.

2 minutes ago, Paskud said:

I don't think this comparison is good for Zuzu.:smiley-scared003:

To be fair, you're not starting from a standstill in the pas de basque (you can kind of guess the dancer's preparation turn before the actual jump) and the weight of the skates is a big factor (I remember finding it sooo disturbing myself doing a simple arabesque). 

But, yeah, ballet dancers are jumping beasts... 

9 minutes ago, Veveco said:

To be fair, you're not starting from a standstill in the pas de basque (you can kind of guess the dancer's preparation turn before the actual jump) and the weight of the skates is a big factor (I remember finding it sooo disturbing myself doing a simple arabesque). 

But, yeah, ballet dancers are jumping beasts... 

Idk... For me (a total amateur) it showed that Zuzu free leg here... ekhem, is bad.

Sigh, I really don't like this "who is more balletic" war because most of the times it doesn't show skaters in good light.

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

LOL warn a poor girl next time LOL

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Well yep pretty much....even if the guy in the video is impressive but not to die for for me(but I'm picky and obsessive when it comes to ballet ) ,but as someone said already ballet dancers are jumping beasts but they have the prep too and they don't wear heavy skates .

yuzuru leg is not perfectly en attitude but who cares?he's a skater not a ballet dancer he doesn't need to do that.

I've fall in love with that hydroblade/Saute de Basque since the 1st time I saw it ,i love it it's the most amazing thing ever and I'll fight whoever dares to say the contrary:10814716:

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

The dancer's leap is so powerful and straight up, it actually looks like he's being pulled up on a wire , even though he's not. I'm willing to bet that Yuzu can get similar height in the dance studio as well, unemcumbered by skates etc. Considering that Yuzu did it after coming out of a hydroblade, which, physiologically speaking, is almost the exact opposite muscle movement, it show some pretty awesome athleticism on his part. Even if I were fit enough, my thighs would be screaming after that. Never mind skating the rest of the program. 

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Idk... For me (a total amateur) it showed that Zuzu free leg here... ekhem, is bad.

Pointless opinion under spoiler because probably boring to most:

Spoiler

Well, yes. The dancer's free leg is better, no discussion there. Yuzu's knee drops during the jump, making an angle that is not good by professional ballet standards. But I really think the added weight of the skate would completely change the momentum of the free foot, and thus the dynamics of the jump. (I already feel a difference when I wear pointes vs demi-pointes for turns, and they're much lighter than skates). Also, Yuzu is starting from a very low position just before, so he has to create a lot of momentum in a single move, which often translate into "wonky" positions (not a great way to describe it, but I can't think of a better word right now). At least, it's a pretty common mistake for beginners for instance, because it's really hard to put a lot of strength in a move while keeping a good/correct position (somehow, everyone tends to put more tension in the standing leg in a jump and to forget the free leg a bit, though I don't quite know the reason behind).

That's why a lot of those big turning jumps start with a smaller turn in ballet (isn't it also pretty common in FS to use basic turns as the entrance to a jump?). Notice also how the dancer's jump is mostly upward while Yuzu's is more half-half? Momentum is key.

And, for all that Yuzu is really, really graceful, he is not professionally trained in ballet, so it's really not surprising that he loses the leg position. The attitude position is... tricky. Pretty, but so easy to do wrong.

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Sigh, I really don't like this "who is more balletic" war because most of the times it doesn't show skaters in good light.

I 100% agree on that. I have a bit the same issues with spirals (positions are often not great by ballet standards, but it is also an unfair comparison given that skaters have different constrains, so I personally avoid it). I mean in general, not Yuzu specifically. Seriously, put me in skates and see how well I can jump (hint: not well. not even close. :13877886:)

Bottom line:

1) Obviously if we judge by ballet standards, professional dancers will be better. It'd be shame for them otherwise. It's their turf.

2) I still love Yuzu's jump. It's so unique, and goes well with the flow of the sequence. :201111231756430f6:

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

:knc_yuzu1:

O M G !!!!

I need this! I need super huge Nessie, that could be packed into a small bag, then thrown on the ice and automatically inflated when it touches the surface! Any creative inventors here? That can't be so hard, right? We have life vests... 

Just imagine an ice rink showered with slowly inflating LochNess monsters. That would be something to remember! :darklordyuzu: