General Yuzuru Chat

A new video in my BOY* decalogy is on the way! It's a full collection of Yuzu's different spin positions:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

With 'full' I really mean a FULL collection from Doughnut to Cannonball including every position he has ever done in competitions, shows and EX galas. I'm not a spin expert myself and had to do a lot of research to find out all the names, so I think that this collection could be a useful guide for many fans, too.

My current list is still incomplete for sure, so if you find any flaws or know other positions (ideally with good video material)... that would be great!

Spoiler

Upright spins

• Two-foot-spin
  • Scratch spin
  • Crossfoot spin
  • A-spin
  • Basic layback spin
  • Biellmann layback spin

Sit spins

• Basic sit spin
  • Bullet/ Shoot-the-duck spin
  • Cannon ball spin
  • 'Extra deep' sit spin (where his free leg is completely parallel and less than 10cm above the ice... don't know the correct name)
  • Pancake spin
  • Mushroom spin
  • Broken leg spin
  • Twisted sit spin

Camel spins

• Basic camel spin (with change of edge)
  • Layover camel spin
  • Doughnut catch-foot spin
  • Grafström spin

Nonbasic spin: 'Hanyu-spin'/ 'Turtle shell' spin

I thought about an additional section for special features like entries (Travelling camel, Sit twizzle, Illusion, (normal) Flying spin, Death drop and Butterfly), in-spin-jumps, up-and-down spin and varied arm positions, but I'm not sure where and how to include them yet.

*BOY = Best of Yuzu

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

A new video in my BOY* decalogy is on the way! It's a full collection of Yuzu's different spin positions:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:

With 'full' I really mean a FULL collection from Doughnut to Cannonball including every position he has ever done in competitions, shows and EX galas. I'm not a spin expert myself and had to do a lot of research to find out all the names, so I think that this collection could be a useful guide for many fans, too.

My current list still incomplete for sure, so if you find any flaws or know other positions (ideally with good video material)... that would be great!

Hide contents

Upright spins

• Scratch spin
  • Crossfoot spin
  • A-spin
  • Basic layback spin
  • Biellmann layback spin

Sit spins

• Basic sit spin
  • Bullet/Shoot-the-duck spin
  • Broken leg spin
  • Pancake spin
  • Cannonball spin
  • Twisted sit spin
  • Sit behind spin
  • 'Extra deep' sit spin (where his free leg is completely parallel and less than 10cm above the ice... don't know the correct name)

Camel spins

• Layover camel spin
  • Grafström spin (I think he did that at the end of Notte?)

Nonbasic spin: 'Hanyu-spin' (looks like an upright pancake or turtle shell)

I thought about an additional section for special features like entries (Travelling camel, Illusion, normal Flying spin and Death drop), in-spin-jumps and varied arm positions, but I'm not sure where and how to do it yet.

*BOY = Best of Yuzu

Thank you for doing this! :10815002:

I love your videos. You're such a great editor. :loveshower:

A spin collection would indeed be a great guide for me, since I hardly know any names of spins at all. I just enjoy them for being pretty. :grin:

Due to lack of new content, I've been amusing myself with editing Yuzu programs.

Here's Origin, a Rostelecom/Worlds edit. IMO Rostelecom was better interpretation-wise but the camera work was too far away sometimes so I replaced some parts with Worlds footage. And jumps, of course. I think it's about 50/50. Almost as the program should have looked like! There are still a few jarring cuts, to my eyes at least, but here, enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16s2E_yR-2qTrjkQcXEPieypTsFiOfogc/view?usp=drivesdk

Edit: The video is interlaced so you may have problems having good quality on mobile.

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

Due to lack of new content, I've been amusing myself with editing Yuzu programs.

Here's Origin, a Rostelecom/Worlds edit. IMO Rostelecom was better interpretation-wise but the camera work was too far away sometimes so I replaced some parts with Worlds footage. And jumps, of course. I think it's about 50/50. Almost as the program should have looked like! There are still a few jarring cuts, to my eyes at least, but here, enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16s2E_yR-2qTrjkQcXEPieypTsFiOfogc/view?usp=drivesdk

Edit: The video is interlaced so you may have problems having good quality on mobile.

Thank you! Excellent edit.

Although the Rostelecom version breaks my heart, I think it was the best performance overall. So heartfelt and YOLO. It's almost impossible to believe, watching the first half, that he was skating on a severely sprained ankle. Part of me wishes he hadn't skated that day; the other part is eternally grateful he did. (Life of a fanyu.)

By comparison, Worlds felt like he was holding back a bit in the interest of not making mistakes and preserving his stamina. But intercutting the second-half jumps from Worlds really gives a sense of just how magnificent this program could have been if he hadn't gotten injured. I'm sorry we won't be seeing it again. (I take the Masquerade/Origin encore in Toyama as a sign that he's retired the program for good.) 

:cri:  :softYuzu: . :13877886:

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

My current list still incomplete for sure, so if you find any flaws or know other positions (ideally with good video material)... that would be great!

Hide contents

Upright spins

• Scratch spin
  • Crossfoot spin
  • A-spin
  • Basic layback spin
  • Biellmann layback spin

Sit spins

• Basic sit spin
  • Broken leg spin
  • Pancake spin
  • Cannonball spin
  • Twisted sit spin
  • Sit behind spin

Camel spins

• Layover camel spin

I thought about an additional section for special features like entries (Travelling camel, Illusion, normal Flying spin and Death drop), in-spin-jumps and varied arm positions, but I'm not sure where and how to do it yet.

*BOY = Best of Yuzu

i love your videos and doing spins is a great idea...I just read the list and I donìt know the half of them...i'm off watching!thank you

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

oh I loved this,I added it to my gdrive if it's ok for you...i'll miss Origin terribly ,it was a great choice !

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Yulena analysed Masquerade and I’d love to translate it, but unfortunately I can only do so in late July... shall I or shall I not? 

https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/dobroefk/2502591.html?fbclid=IwAR3_SQZ4v-9-E1Mc9qbdv8mzaA7AZHgjIc2JzTI7vJJd4m0BRDZ2-5niH18

if you feel like i'll be pleased...but only if you have the time.in the mean time google translator will do for me:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

My current list is still incomplete for sure, so if you find any flaws or know other positions (ideally with good video material)... that would be great!

Reveal hidden contents

Upright spins

• Scratch spin
  • Crossfoot spin
  • A-spin
  • Basic layback spin
  • Biellmann layback spin

Sit spins

• Basic sit spin
  • Broken leg spin
  • Pancake spin
  • Cannonball spin
  • Twisted sit spin
  • Sit behind spin

Camel spins

• Layover camel spin

*BOY = Best of Yuzu

Linky pls! I want to see them all. This looks so interesting and I love all of his spins. 

5 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

Thank you! Excellent edit.

Although the Rostelecom version breaks my heart, I think it was the best performance overall. So heartfelt and YOLO. It's almost impossible to believe, watching the first half, that he was skating on a severely sprained ankle. Part of me wishes he hadn't skated that day; the other part is eternally grateful he did. (Life of a fanyu.)

By comparison, Worlds felt like he was holding back a bit in the interest of not making mistakes and preserving his stamina. But intercutting the second-half jumps from Worlds really gives a sense of just how magnificent this program could have been if he hadn't gotten injured. I'm sorry we won't be seeing it again. (I take the Masquerade/Origin encore in Toyama as a sign that he's retired the program for good.) 

:cri:  :softYuzu: . :13877886:

Yeah, I loved how YOLO it was, even after the fall/pop. His face just went "oh fuck it, that ain't gonna stop me", and when he launched himself into spins, it was with so much commitment! Maybe all that crazy vibe was precisely because of the injury, like he felt he had nothing to lose. 

But the camera was so far away sometimes.... :cry: I'm thinking of asking permission to use some fancams from Rostelecom to tweak this video further. :68468287:

5 hours ago, mercedes said:

oh I loved this,I added it to my gdrive if it's ok for you...i'll miss Origin terribly ,it was a great choice !

Sure, go ahead!

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Thank you for doing this! :10815002:

I love your videos. You're such a great editor. :loveshower:

A spin collection would indeed be a great guide for me, since I hardly know any names of spins at all. I just enjoy them for being pretty. :grin:

1 hour ago, mercedes said:

i love your videos and doing spins is a great idea...I just read the list and I donìt know the half of them...i'm off watching!thank you

48 minutes ago, faeline said:

Linky pls! I want to see them all. This looks so interesting and I love all of his spins. 

Arigatou!! :grouphug:

I'm still collecting all the raw clips and working on the storyboard, so it will take some time until the final upload :68811363:

However, I've a nice concept/theme for the clip already. A very sweet birthday present inspired me yesterday :10815002:

Spoiler

I received a music box with a spinning doll in it and I thought... aaw, how cute this would be... little Yuzu-doll in a music box spinning in every imaginable position to this music :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

4 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I'm still collecting all the raw clips and working on the storyboard, so it will take some time until the final upload :68811363:

However, I've a nice concept/theme for the clip already. A very sweet birthday present inspired me yesterday :10815002:

Reveal hidden contents

I received a music box with a spinning doll in it and I thought... aaw, how cute this would be... little Yuzu-doll in a music box spinning in every thinkable position to this music :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

Oh, was it your birthday yesterday? Happy Birthday! :10815002:

I really look forward to the finished video. I'm sure it'll be awesome! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

17 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Hide contents

I received a music box with a spinning doll in it and I thought... aaw, how cute this would be... little Yuzu-doll in a music box spinning in every imaginable position to this music :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

happy birthday :flowers::tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

Guys, we're having a rabbit streaming party, it's starting now :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw: Join us here: https://www.rabb.it/sallycinnamon 

Playlist:

Spoiler

1. 4CC 2011 SP - Japanese commentary

2. 4CC 2011 FS - Japanese commentary

3. 4CC 2011 EX Vertigo - NC

4. CoR 2011 SP - Japanese commentary

5. Worlds 2012 FS - B.ESP

6. Worlds 2012 EX - Czech commentary

7. SA 2012 SP - CBC

8. Finlandia Trophy 2012 FS - fancam!

9. NHK Trophy 2012 EX - Hana Ni Nare - NC

10. Olympics 2014 SP - NC