General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, faeline said:

This is kinda unrelated to Yuzu but apparently rabb.it has ran out of funding and they are shutting down. (I kinda saw it coming which was why I was exploring Metastream for a while.)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hitting-wall-amanda-richardson/

I'm not sure how this will impact our streaming - there is discord but the quality apparently's quite shitty. I'll be actively looking for alternatives and hopefully by Sunday I'll have a backup plan going.

:13877886::smiley-scared003:

Reading few of the last pages and found quite a few satellites work within healthcare system...so do I. I work for finance section of health department providing the finance services to the metro hospitals of the city where I live. Because I don't work in the frontline of the actual medical service, my working condition is quite good compared to those who work in the hospitals. But I do get stressed over workload piling up sometimes. Watching Yuzu videos can soothe my tired soul and free me from the stress of daily grind. 

1 hour ago, faeline said:

This is kinda unrelated to Yuzu but apparently rabb.it has ran out of funding and they are shutting down. (I kinda saw it coming which was why I was exploring Metastream for a while.)

I'm not sure how this will impact our streaming - there is discord but the quality apparently's quite shitty. I'll be actively looking for alternatives and hopefully by Sunday I'll have a backup plan going.

This is so sad to hear. I joined Rabbit just like a month ago and really loved the streamings.

No matter what happens, thank you so much @faeline and @sallycinnamon for all your effort so far!! Your streamings were a wonderful experience and absolute treasure for all of us, who didn't have any other access to these broadcasts. Thank you very very much!! :grouphug::1497158260_5GOE:

I hope that we can find an alternative solution soon. Toes and fingers crossed :dancingpooh:

31 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

This is so sad to hear. I joined Rabbit just like a month ago and really loved the streamings.

No matter what happens, thank you so much @faeline and @sallycinnamon for all your effort so far!! Your streamings were a wonderful experience and absolute treasure for all of us, who didn't have any other access to these broadcasts. Thank you very very much!:grouphug::1497158260_5GOE:

I hope that we can find an alternative solution soon. Toes and fingers crossed :dancingpooh:

May I add my gratitude too! I would have never be able to watch all those ice shows and other cool streammings without our fellow rabbitting satellites!

52 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

May I add my gratitude too! I would have never be able to watch all those ice shows and other cool streammings without our fellow rabbitting satellites!

Me, too. Satellites who go out of their way to bring us closer to Yuzu are as much a treasure as he is. May they be richly rewarded in this life and beyond.

:dancingpooh:

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

No matter what happens, thank you so much @faeline and @sallycinnamon for all your effort so far!! Your streamings were a wonderful experience and absolute treasure for all of us, who didn't have any other access to these broadcasts. Thank you very very much!! :grouphug::1497158260_5GOE:

thank you both Faeline and Sallycinnamon really...it's been always a great fun to watch!

Hopefully something will come up but in the mean time I'd love a goodbye streaming party,it's always so great to comment with you all fanyus

6 hours ago, faeline said:

Oh, no!!! :64341262:

I only discovered PH streaming parties (and got hooked) recently. :crybaby:

Thank you all for the fun times we had together! :grouphug:

Thank you for looking for alternatives, @faeline. :10815002: I really hope we find something.

But maybe we can still watch FaOI this weekend together?

Oh no! I have learned to love rabbit.... and they are taking it away!

Maybe something else will be found, or people who can watch and record the shows can upload them, but streaming parties were such fun.

Thank you a hundred times however to those who did host!!!

14 minutes ago, Ager said:

I just saw this article https://31translations.wordpress.com/2016/09/03/japan-skating-federation-pushing-hanyu-no-regrets-on-competing-injured/

and have a question: If he was not in charge of his own decisions regarding Ice shows in 2015 - after becoming an Oly champ, so when did he start?

I think it's a lot more complicated than that. I'm sure the JSF did push him a lot, but he never said no around then, either, because he felt a responsibility towards Japanese fans and also, I guess, still guilt at how he won. Brian quite openly said once that Yuzu needs to learn to say no to these demands, but I don't remember the source. Competing at COC was his decision, though, and I think most of the crazy things he did after Sochi were because he felt he had to prove he was a worthy of being Olympic Champion. So he pushed himself to crazy lengths. In the same time, it was all part of his road to Pyeongchang and I'm pretty sure he probably had goals throughout the 4 years he wanted to achieve. The injuries and health problems set him back, hence having to throw in 4Lo and 4Lz at the last moment (pre-Olympic and Olympic season). But he pushed himself as much as possible to achieve those goals and I think that happened regardless of what JSF thought or wanted or asked of him.

Speaking strictly of ice shows, I think 2016 was the absolute end of him saying yes to everything that was asked of him. In the Summer of 2016 he was too injured to do ice shows anymore and aside from 24H TV, I think, he spent the whole Summer in Toronto. And from then on, it was easier to say no, I think. The 2014 Summer, the 2015 Summer (not quite as bad as 2014, though, so maybe that was actually the start...) and the whole 2015-2016 season winter were pretty crazy, IMO. Doing ice shows even in early 2016 was the craziest. But one of them was earthquake related, so it's no wonder he participated... IMO, that was the worst time for him not to be in Toronto, though, and I think it possibly contributed to the Boston mess, but that's just my speculation.