General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Umebachi said:

And 感謝 gratitude to Yuzu for playing such an important role in keeping the healthcare system in Canada running. Health Canada should acknowledge his contributions and dedicate a monument (or at least a webpage) to Yuzu for his inspirational role

Okay that made me laugh! I can just picture how confused both he and Health Canada would be if someone ever seriously suggested such a thing. LOL:xD:

I work in a teaching hospital, and we're awash in med students and residents...the fact that there's still a doctor shortage remains an enduring mystery to me. However, given the healthcare system's positive penchant for underestimating workload and severely overestimating worker's capacity to handle it, nothing is surprising to me any more.

48 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

OMG, there seems to be quite a number of Canadian health workers on the Planet relying on Yuzu to keep them motivated and continue to work! 

This American doctor also uses "but how will I pay for tickets to see Yuzu" as motivation to push through the burnout. (Although being on OB call during every single one of Yuzu's comps last season was.... not ideal, to say the least.)

The Hanyu fan in me is just glad he's better after his surgery. The surgeon in me, though, is vaguely horrified at the idea of having a patient take out their own stitches and do strenuous exercise before they're cleared. I'm feeling second-hand anxiety for his doctors just reading about it. Honestly, Yuzu, you know good and well you use your abs to jump quads. :knc_brian3:

I work for a medical equipment company. Does it count? lol My holidays have always been connected to my hobbies - JRock before, FS now, with the occasional JRock still. My hobbies are essential to staying sane, I think and I sometimes feel like watching those clips of Yuzu studying to motivate myself to work harder lol But if I do, then I want to watch other stuff, too, so it's no good :headdesk2:

I do work in health care and can testify that the system is getting more frenetic.  I advocate looking after yourself and that it is OK to say no. I had an epiphany moment when I realized that I can control my workload by saying no.  I have said an emphatic no to adding more clinic days without adding paid time. I have told our secretary I am unavailable according to her template if it is unreasonable for me. When I was asked to cover a colleague's maternity leave... I did it on my terms: gave them 3 schedules I created from which to pick. So it is OK to say no to unreasonable expectations and offer solutions better suited to you ...

The consequences: if you are unionized, you have protection.

no raise? Salaries for non unionized employees have been frozen for years 

If you are good at your job.. That usually speaks for you and hopefully you won't get the pink slip 

Advice: live within your means, have a rainy day fund.  Keep yourself current and relevant in your work life skills and have a backup plan. Life is too short to let your work drain your health, happiness and well-being. 

4 hours ago, river said:

The surgeon in me, though, is vaguely horrified at the idea of having a patient take out their own stitches and do strenuous exercise before they're cleared. I'm feeling second-hand anxiety for his doctors just reading about it. Honestly, Yuzu, you know good and well you use your abs to jump quads. :knc_brian3:

I know we all joke about Brian losing his hair but can you imagine the stress levels Yuzu's primary doctors had to get used to over the years???

I am guessing: Yuzu is a control freak.  He is also very intelligent but probably needs to find you 'trustworthy' before he takes your advice.  He probably will not argue with you if you are older than he is, or voice his objections, because in his culture: that would be rude.  So as his healthcare provider: you will need to dig deeper to ensure his compliance based on his understanding the true risks and benefits of a particular medical strategy.

I had only one experience with a pro athlete (s footballer of course )and he only wanted one thing : to go back to to the field and play no matter what.

he was barely 17 so my boss (the actual physician)had to sit him down and scare the s**t out of him .

I can imagine Yuzuru being the same few years back but then again I ‘ve never met him so mine it’s just s feeling.

to all of you working like me in the healthcare system,stay strong your work matters 😘

8 hours ago, Dreamer said:

I do work in health care and can testify that the system is getting more frenetic.  I advocate looking after yourself and that it is OK to say no. I had an epiphany moment when I realized that I can control my workload by saying no.  I have said an emphatic no to adding more clinic days without adding paid time. I have told our secretary I am unavailable according to her template if it is unreasonable for me. When I was asked to cover a colleague's maternity leave... I did it on my terms: gave them 3 schedules I created from which to pick. So it is OK to say no to unreasonable expectations and offer solutions better suited to you ...

The consequences: if you are unionized, you have protection.

no raise? Salaries for non unionized employees have been frozen for years 

If you are good at your job.. That usually speaks for you and hopefully you won't get the pink slip 

Advice: live within your means, have a rainy day fund.  Keep yourself current and relevant in your work life skills and have a backup plan. Life is too short to let your work drain your health, happiness and well-being. 

The saying no part is really, really hard. In my case if I say no to, say, working an extra hour at the end of the day to finish all the measurements that are due, a cancer patient gets their radiation treatment delayed by a day, and sometimes that has major implications for their care (esp if it's a fast-growing tumour). I'm supposed to be getting paid for the overtime according to contract, but owing to budget cuts the word from on high is that OT is not to be paid. Which means we're supposed to get time off in lieu. But we don't have enough time to do our work as it is. So time off in lieu only compounds the workload issue. It doesn't help that my specialty is a small group and on any given day there might be only one of us available to do this work.

You can't win. It's like, I can look after myself and the patients will suffer; or I can suck it up so that they get what they need; but to look after myself and be able to do what the patients need is somehow a mutually exclusive thing. :(

Anyway, to bring this back to Yuzu, you know how he says he feels like he has to give his all in every performance at ice shows and competitions because that might be the only time someone ever gets to see him skate live? That's how I feel like I have to be at my job all the time, because almost everything I do is a one-off like that and there's minimal margin for error. And I'm by no means alone in this; literally everyone I've met who works in radiation medicine is the same way. 

This video may have been posted earlier but I could not find it - apologies if it's a repeater:

To all the hard-working satellites, here is an inspirational piece to start the new FS season, based on Evangelion Cruel Angel's Thesis - Shounen (boys)-yo shinwani-nare (become a legend).  It would be nice to have a version of the song which says:  Shoujo(girls)-yo shinwani-nare!**   

**A bit of a background: An American educator (William S Clark), who helped to establish Hokkaido University in the 19th century under the Meiji government, exhorted to the Japanese youth with the famous parting words: "Boys, be ambitious!" (少年よ大志を抱け Shōnen yo, taishi o idake).   My mother, who was among the first cohort of Japanese girls to graduate from a girls' college (not university), rephrased Clark's words and used to say:  "Girls, be ambitous!"  Shoujo-yo, taishi o idake!  

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

This video may have been posted earlier but I could not find it - apologies if it's a repeater:

To all the hard-working satellites, here is an inspirational piece to start the new FS season, based on Evangelion Cruel Angel's Thesis - Shounen (boys)-yo shinwani-nare (become a legend).  It would be nice to have a version of the song which says:  Shoujo(girls)-yo shinwani-nare!**   

**A bit of a background: An American educator (William S Clark), who helped to establish Hokkaido University in the 19th century under the Meiji government, exhorted to the Japanese youth with the famous parting words: "Boys, be ambitious!" (少年よ大志を抱け Shōnen yo, taishi o idake).   My mother, who was among the first cohort of Japanese girls to graduate from a girls' college (not university), rephrased Clark's words and used to say:  "Girls, be ambitous!"  Shoujo-yo, taishi o idake!  

That's so fun! I love how they edited it to look like a real anime OP! 

引用

Taking advise from Coach Briand last year, Kihira changed  entry of quad salchow.

Kihira calls it, " Hanyu way of jump."

She got an advice from Coach Briand  while looking at Hanyu's 4S in slow motion.

引用

In " Figure Skating TV, " Ghislain was teaching Rika Kihira and Yuu Nakamura. He showed video of Hanyu's jump. 

After all Hanyu kun's jump is a model.

This is kinda unrelated to Yuzu but apparently rabb.it has ran out of funding and they are shutting down. (I kinda saw it coming which was why I was exploring Metastream for a while.)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hitting-wall-amanda-richardson/

I'm not sure how this will impact our streaming - there is discord but the quality apparently's quite shitty. I'll be actively looking for alternatives and hopefully by Sunday I'll have a backup plan going.

22 minutes ago, faeline said:

This is kinda unrelated to Yuzu but apparently rabb.it has ran out of funding and they are shutting down. (I kinda saw it coming which was why I was exploring Metastream for a while.)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hitting-wall-amanda-richardson/

I'm not sure how this will impact our streaming - there is discord but the quality apparently's quite shitty. I'll be actively looking for alternatives and hopefully by Sunday I'll have a backup plan going.

:confused0068::scared0011::sad-smiley-046: